too good to be true!

James Bruce Gil said:
You see in Australia, natural selection is our worst enemy. Nobody is willing to take on a spouse that is sharpe enough to put it over them for the rest of life. As a result, the intellectual couples are not having families (DINK phenominon) as they are too sensible, while the couples who are having large families in general aren't as intellectually gifted as the rest.

Kind regards
Ah, moving toward our own genetic obsolescence:( . I am feeling a bit like an Irish Elk...or the poor Tyranosaur after the statement...lurking in a world that is no longer suited for me.
My only recourse...
WOMAN...GET ME ANOTHER BEER!

Telegram Sam said:
Ah, moving toward our own genetic obsolescence:( . I am feeling a bit like an Irish Elk...or the poor Tyranosaur after the statement...lurking in a world that is no longer suited for me.
My only recourse...
WOMAN...GET ME ANOTHER BEER!
Sam, do you realise all your doing is reducing your intellect down to the level where you are likely to plummet into the intellectual group that has lots of kids!

Surely you must have noticed the after affect of parties when you and that woman both have had a few drinks.

If only the Irish Elk or T-Rex had a few beers!

OMG, I leave you boys alone long enough to get a little shut-eye, and what do I find when I wake up? You are a pitiful bunch. I'd like to meet Gil's wife, though. She sounds fun.

Inspired by our discussions here, last night I drank a Duvel ale. Pretty good, though I've had better. Don't know where to find the lagers Steve was talking about, all we have here for SA beer is Red STripe, and I'm not even sure that's SA.

Steve, you're going to have to ship out emergency aid beer to Paris.

James Bruce Gil said:
Sam, do you realise all your doing is reducing your intellect down to the level where you are likely to plummet into the intellectual group that has lots of kids!

Surely you must have noticed the after affect of parties when you and that woman both have had a few drinks.

If only the Irish Elk or T-Rex had a few beers!

less'go said:
OMG, I leave you boys alone long enough to get a little shut-eye, and what do I find when I wake up? You are a pitiful bunch. I'd like to meet Gil's wife, though. She sounds fun.

Inspired by our discussions here, last night I drank a Duvel ale. Pretty good, though I've had better. Don't know where to find the lagers Steve was talking about, all we have here for SA beer is Red STripe, and I'm not even sure that's SA.

Steve, you're going to have to ship out emergency aid beer to Paris.
Princess; We drank that six pack while you were sleeping.

And yes my dear wife is a barrel of laughs! Never a dull moment! Its the practical jokes that I like particularly. For example (speaking of dentures) she went to the dentist when we had been away for some years. On arriving at the surgery she noticed that he had aged somewhat and was shaking a bit. The poor chap was in the early grips of Parkinson's disease. Not to be deterred she made an appointment --- for me. She didn't say a word about it other than that she had made the appointment.

I arrived two weeks later to have my teeth drilled by a dentist who was shaking like a dog pssing razor blades.

Pretty sharpe eh?

Kind regards,

Sounds like she also has a twisted mean-streak! Send me her phone number, we have things to do. I, likewise, could only love someone who a)Likes beer and b)Is very funny. The rest, well, I'm flexible.

I have a picture I've been wanting to post, maybe this is just the spot, since it is totally non cycling related... Steve's already seen a recent one, but I would like to see if anyone can make out the dentures and prothetic devices I have had to adopt now that I am officially over-the-hill...

James Bruce Gil said:
Princess; We drank that six pack while you were sleeping.

And yes my dear wife is a barrel of laughs! Never a dull moment! Its the practical jokes that I like particularly. For example (speaking of dentures) she went to the dentist when we had been away for some years. On arriving at the surgery she noticed that he had aged somewhat and was shaking a bit. The poor chap was in the early grips of Parkinson's disease. Not to be deterred she made an appointment --- for me. She didn't say a word about it other than that she had made the appointment.

I arrived two weeks later to have my teeth drilled by a dentist who was shaking like a dog pssing razor blades.

Pretty sharpe eh?

Kind regards,

James Bruce Gil said:
Its worse than that, my wife married me because she was sorry for me (I think).
Huskey, Don't get the idea that all Aussie woman have a sense of humour. It's really only the intelligent ones, and they are rare these days.

You see in Australia, natural selection is our worst enemy. Nobody is willing to take on a spouse that is sharpe enough to put it over them for the rest of life. As a result, the intellectual couples are not having families (DINK phenominon) as they are too sensible, while the couples who are having large families in general aren't as intellectually gifted as the rest.

In the middle there is a group who marry, separate (sometimes several times over) and then remain single having the odd kid in the process.

The result is that in general as a species we are becoming less intelligent. As this develops both men and women in Australia are losing their disposition towards humour!

Kind regards

Its not relagated to Oz. Have you seen any commercials from the states (a good measure of our collective intellect).
People buy razors blades that have 3 and four blades as if they have more that one face. Maybe it goes with multiple personalities.I guess the first one grabs the whisker the second one strangles it the third rapes and robs it and the fourth flings its dead body in the ditch.
If you buy an electrical pulsing device you can sit on your fat butt and lose weight and let the apparatus do the work.
And this election, believe me we need a good sense of humor and a lot more beer.
At least you guys have a great idea with the big beer cans. You don't need to get up as much to go to the refrigerator. I mean when you are alone and have to get your own.

This one is for you Sarah:
My wife was staring in the mirror and complaining about the size of her breasts. I told her we couldn't afford breast surgery but to rub toliet paper on them and they would gradually get bigger.
She said "will that really work and I said "sure it worked on your butt didn't it.
I know I will burn!
Cheer and Beers

You people are a hoot, keep it coming...

jhuskey said:
Its not relagated to Oz. Have you seen any commercials from the states (a good measure of our collective intellect).
People buy razors blades that have 3 and four blades as if they have more that one face. Maybe it goes with multiple personalities.I guess the first one grabs the whisker the second one strangles it the third rapes and robs it and the fourth flings its dead body in the ditch.
If you buy an electrical pulsing device you can sit on your fat butt and lose weight and let the apparatus do the work.
And this election, believe me we need a good sense of humor and a lot more beer.
At least you guys have a great idea with the big beer cans. You don't need to get up as much to go to the refrigerator. I mean when you are alone and have to get your own.

This one is for you Sarah:
My wife was staring in the mirror and complaining about the size of her breasts. I told her we couldn't afford breast surgery but to rub toliet paper on them and they would gradually get bigger.
She said "will that really work and I said "sure it worked on your butt didn't it.
I know I will burn!
Cheer and Beers

less'go said:
You people are a hoot, keep it coming...

We could turn this into a "Why beer is better than women thread"

After being shaken up the beer will settle down much more quickly.
Beer has less after taste.
Beer gets better with age.
Beer takes up less space.
Beer can be held with one hand.
Beer may make you feel bad in the morning but not the night before.
Im am sure there are many more but if a beer had breasts, well need I say more.

wow, i'm glad the forum is still as happy as ever. 'though i'm on the wagon for a couple more weeks, i can't wait to pop open a nice cold 22oz bottle of Racer 5 (in my opinion the best ipa i've ever tasted)--much better on draft. although anderson valley ipa is terribly good too. and if beer is a good antioxidant, it certainly tastes better than a vitamin e pill.

but i am a corrupter....moved into a house of beer haters and now they all drink beer... hefeweisen, belgium brown ale, yuengling... only my ipa goes untouched waiting obediently for me and only me! i used to hate the taste of beer too, but i was just unworldly at that time.

however, there is definitely something to going dry for several weeks (6 in my case). i'm going to be able to afford my aerobars, which for me is kind of a frivolous purchase. i'm way more willing to ride through pain. i'm losing my sense of humor. no redeeming impression of the gene pool available in the area. hmm... nobody's looking particularly interesting to me these days. oh no! :eek:

well, i'll be back in a couple of weeks. have fun you guys...

- maggie

Don't worry, Bright, me and my boys will be rockin' on here at Beer Forums Dot Com, waiting for you to finish serving your self-imposed sentence. I go dry from time to time, kind of have to. Did a few weeks dry time after summer vacation this year. Glad I won't have to do that again for another 25 years.

As soon as I can think up some clever why beer is better than men lines, I'll be back...

I'll just try to avoid any refernces to what can be done with the actual container (glass, not tin, mind you), which makes my job much more difficult.

brightgarden said:
wow, i'm glad the forum is still as happy as ever. 'though i'm on the wagon for a couple more weeks, i can't wait to pop open a nice cold 22oz bottle of Racer 5 (in my opinion the best ipa i've ever tasted)--much better on draft. although anderson valley ipa is terribly good too.
How'd you get those in Virginia?? Just wondering, both breweries are within a few hours of pedaling (or a few minustes in a car lol) from where I live- I ride to the bear all the time (AV is up a big windy hill with no shoulder)...

Telegram Sam said:
How'd you get those in Virginia?? Just wondering, both breweries are within a few hours of pedaling (or a few minustes in a car lol) from where I live- I ride to the bear all the time (AV is up a big windy hill with no shoulder)...

You ride to the bear or to the beer all the time? Please elucidate me....

Telegram Sam said:

ah, well, it helps to have dated a beer guy (and man was he ever attractive, but i'm sure the beer didn't have THAT much to do with it, ok, maybe some). but somehow or other they are here (and wow am i ever glad too!). my favorite bar has them, my favorite grocery store has them. got some really good choices over here, but it does matter where you live because apparently there are some varieties that you have to cross the line into D.C. to get. i have friends in maryland who drive down to arlington to get duchess de bourgogne (i'm sitting on a bottle of this myself), not because you can't sell them in maryland, but because my favorite grocery store regularly cleans out the distributor's stock. hehe. gotta love an attentive beer buyer.

less'go said:
Don't worry, Bright, me and my boys will be rockin' on here at Beer Forums Dot Com, waiting for you to finish serving your self-imposed sentence. I go dry from time to time, kind of have to. Did a few weeks dry time after summer vacation this year. Glad I won't have to do that again for another 25 years.

As soon as I can think up some clever why beer is better than men lines, I'll be back...

I'll just try to avoid any refernces to what can be done with the actual container (glass, not tin, mind you), which makes my job much more difficult.

Ok, here is a freebee to get you started(men and beer) they both have heads that need to be blown off but you don't get arrested for the beer.

I kept it clean but it went against my basic instinct.

less'go said:
You ride to the bear or to the beer all the time? Please elucidate me....
I ride to the Bear...where Bear Republic Racer 5 is brewed...so I guess it is a little of both. It's a 36 mile round trip with a great brew worked into it. Course, sometimes I am feeling high-brow and stop at one of the 20 wineries along the way for "tasting", but Bear republic is my favorite one to stop at...An interesting aside- the owner is a cyclist and has several old bikes on the wall, including some very early recumbants (that are olde rthen he is...maybe his parents?-he is only 36 or so), a home made recum-tandem racer, and a really old tandem standard racer, as well as a bunch of old race jerseys.
Cheers

brightgarden said:
ah, well, it helps to have dated a beer guy (and man was he ever attractive, but i'm sure the beer didn't have THAT much to do with it, ok, maybe some). but somehow or other they are here (and wow am i ever glad too!). my favorite bar has them, my favorite grocery store has them. got some really good choices over here, but it does matter where you live because apparently there are some varieties that you have to cross the line into D.C. to get. i have friends in maryland who drive down to arlington to get duchess de bourgogne (i'm sitting on a bottle of this myself), not because you can't sell them in maryland, but because my favorite grocery store regularly cleans out the distributor's stock. hehe. gotta love an attentive beer buyer.
Thats great! Anderson valley does a limited cream ale that we always go get (1 Tank a year)...kind of a tradition for us. We usually get it on the way to North Coast Brewing in Fort Bragg, where I always take my wife for her birthday...kind of a local beer tour that ends up on Glass beach with a sixer of our favorites! Nice to know our locals have made it all the way across the country...that means they aren't going anywhere!
Cheers

less'go said:
Sounds like she also has a twisted mean-streak! Send me her phone number, we have things to do. I, likewise, could only love someone who a)Likes beer and b)Is very funny. The rest, well, I'm flexible.

I have a picture I've been wanting to post, maybe this is just the spot, since it is totally non cycling related... Steve's already seen a recent one, but I would like to see if anyone can make out the dentures and prothetic devices I have had to adopt now that I am officially over-the-hill...

I didn't say she liked beer. She will drink it but really preferres a Gin & Tonic.

She is very funny and is not twisted at all. She does have a wicked sense of mischief, however.

Huskie, I have been watching the US election reports and I must say that I was wondering if the same downward spiral in appreciation of humour was out of control over you way. So far as razors go, the news is that I haven't had a shaved since September 1979. I figured that if hair was out of control else where there was not much point trying to keep it under close control on my face.

I am not sure that the razors had even two blades in those days, rather you could turn the blade about 180 degrees and use the other edge.

Brightgarden, I went on the wagon myself over the weekend from about 3 AM until lunch time on Saturday.

To add to those gems, one of my dear wives repertoir; Men and beer both go flat too quickly!

Kind regards,

James Bruce Gil said:
I didn't say she liked beer. She will drink it but really preferres a Gin & Tonic.

She is very funny and is not twisted at all. She does have a wicked sense of mischief, however.

Huskie, I have been watching the US election reports and I must say that I was wondering if the same downward spiral in appreciation of humour was out of control over you way. So far as razors go, the news is that I haven't had a shaved since September 1979. I figured that if hair was out of control else where there was not much point trying to keep it under close control on my face.

I am not sure that the razors had even two blades in those days, rather you could turn the blade about 180 degrees and use the other edge.

Brightgarden, I went on the wagon myself over the weekend from about 3 AM until lunch time on Saturday.

To add to those gems, one of my dear wives repertoir; Men and beer both go flat too quickly!

Kind regards,

On the hottest day of the year a beer goes down real easy .
A woman??

jhuskey said:
On the hottest day of the year a beer goes down real easy .
A woman??
When beer gets too hot, you can always throw some ice cubes in it! No secrets about the other though!

Kind regards, :rolleyes:

Ice cubes, in beer? That's a stretch, Mr. Gil, who would ruin a good beer with ice. Sick, sick, sick!

Why is beer better than a man? You can share it with your girlfriends and there's no hard feelings. Which is exactly what I'm scheduled to be doing tomorrow night!

James Bruce Gil said:
When beer gets too hot, you can always throw some ice cubes in it! No secrets about the other though!

Kind regards, :rolleyes: