too good to be true!

less'go said:
Ice cubes, in beer? That's a stretch, Mr. Gil, who would ruin a good beer with ice. Sick, sick, sick!

Why is beer better than a man? You can share it with your girlfriends and there's no hard feelings. Which is exactly what I'm scheduled to be doing tomorrow night!

Less'go,

I didn't say to do it as a matter of course, but in 40 degree celsius heat, it beats drinking it out of a sourcer or worse still waiting for it to cool down. I begin to wonder just how serious a beer fan are you? You just don't sound as desperate for a beer as the rest of us. Still its comforting to know that you will be willing to share that six pack when you win it.

Naturally, as sick as it sounds, I could have made the ice cubes out of beer couldn't I?

Any way as to being able to share a beer but not sharing a man with your girlfriends, wouldn't that be much more acceptable than him being off with some rotten **** that you didn't even know? Just a thought! :confused:

Kind regards,

less'go Why is beer better than a man? You can share it with your girlfriends and there's no hard feelings. Which is exactly what I'm scheduled to be doing tomorrow night![/QUOTE said:
I have told my wife on numerous occasions that she was more then welcome to share me with her girlfriends...thats the kind of giving fellow I am, and how I have modeled myself after my favorite beverage

Telegram Sam said:
less'go Why is beer better than a man? You can share it with your girlfriends and there's no hard feelings. Which is exactly what I'm scheduled to be doing tomorrow night![/QUOTE said:
I have told my wife on numerous occasions that she was more then welcome to share me with her girlfriends...thats the kind of giving fellow I am, and how I have modeled myself after my favorite beverage
TS,
I never ever thought of this idea, however on the rare occasions that I strayed, it was with women that my dear wife didn't know. She objected profusely when she found out. Maybe it was the fact that she didn't know them! :D

Kind regards,

Yes, well, you do have a point there, Bluto. Your wife really is quite the lucky little woman, isn't she?

'Bout the ice in beer thing, m'friend, and your impertinent accusations that my love of beer is not up to par, I'll have you know many a warm one has found its way down this guzzle. Need I remind you I'm from TEXAS, where warm beer is just one of the hazards of life in the 40° summer heat. I have no recollection of ice cubes IN the beer though. What would that do to the foam and bubbles?

Maybe it's okay for you and Crocodile Dundee, but it ain't gonna' happen on my watch, sir.

My best to the ball and chain,
S

James Bruce Gil said:
TS,
I never ever thought of this idea, however on the rare occasions that I strayed, it was with women that my dear wife didn't know. She objected profusely when she found out. Maybe it was the fact that she didn't know them! :D

Kind regards,

less'go said:
Yes, well, you do have a point there, Bluto. Your wife really is quite the lucky little woman, isn't she?

'Bout the ice in beer thing, m'friend, and your impertinent accusations that my love of beer is not up to par, I'll have you know many a warm one has found its way down this guzzle. Need I remind you I'm from TEXAS, where warm beer is just one of the hazards of life in the 40° summer heat. I have no recollection of ice cubes IN the beer though. What would that do to the foam and bubbles?

Maybe it's okay for you and Crocodile Dundee, but it ain't gonna' happen on my watch, sir.

My best to the ball and chain,
S

Less'go,

How have I offended you? What I had intended to imply was that maybe you didn't get as desperate for a drink as I do. Have you ever had to drink beer at room temperature in 40 degree heat? Have you always had the good fortune that it was cold just when you needed it?

I tend to think that my dear wife isn't lucky at all. And she certainly is not a ball and chain. Possibly, unfortunate perhaps.

As to the foam and bubbles, good beer continues to be active even when diluted with a couple of ice cubes, and as I said before drinking beer with ice cubes sure beats waiting for it to cool down!

And a little bit of trivia, did you know that Texas is smaller than Australia's second smallest mainland state? That is it is actually bigger than Victoria our smallest one!

Before things get out of hand, less kiss and make up; I won't use my tongue. Honest I won't.

Kind regards, :eek:

Not to worry, no offense taken... Have I drank a 40° beer before? Well, no, probably not, but probably came pretty close.

As per the "ball and chain" it's just that your wife must need some sort of equipment to beat you with (the ball) before tying you up (the chain). We have to keep you fellas in check, don't we?

Well, I never say never, perhaps I will try the old ice in beer thing one of these hot days.

Care for a little cooking tip from down home? Do not laugh it is delicious:
Boil shrimp (or crab, langoustine, etc.) in beer, and beer alone. A simple way to get to paradise....

James Bruce Gil said:
Less'go,

How have I offended you? What I had intended to imply was that maybe you didn't get as desperate for a drink as I do. Have you ever had to drink beer at room temperature in 40 degree heat? Have you always had the good fortune that it was cold just when you needed it?

I tend to think that my dear wife isn't lucky at all. And she certainly is not a ball and chain. Possibly, unfortunate perhaps.

As to the foam and bubbles, good beer continues to be active even when diluted with a couple of ice cubes, and as I said before drinking beer with ice cubes sure beats waiting for it to cool down!

And a little bit of trivia, did you know that Texas is smaller than Australia's second smallest mainland state? That is it is actually bigger than Victoria our smallest one!

Before things get out of hand, less kiss and make up; I won't use my tongue. Honest I won't.

Telegram Sam said:

Yes but have your friend drink your last beer without asking and they would be better off to sleep with your partner. Thas a hanging offense.

I have often thought if my wife were to per say become attacted to her own gender and wanted to bring a girlfriend home to our bed, I believe I
might consder it, being the generous understanding human being that I am.

Ya, you guys all say that, but do you think you could really handle two ladies at once? I have my doubts... All bark and no bite, I say.

However I'm sure you could handle two beers at once, 'cept how would you hold the remote control?

jhuskey said:
Yes but have your friend drink your last beer without asking and they would be better off to sleep with your partner. Thas a hanging offense.

I have often thought if my wife were to per say become attacted to her own gender and wanted to bring a girlfriend home to our bed, I believe I
might consder it, being the generous understanding human being that I am.

less'go said:
Ya, you guys all say that, but do you think you could really handle two ladies at once? I have my doubts... All bark and no bite, I say.

However I'm sure you could handle two beers at once, 'cept how would you hold the remote control?

In my teeth along with the video camera.

less'go said:
Not to worry, no offense taken... Have I drank a 40° beer before? Well, no, probably not, but probably came pretty close.

As per the "ball and chain" it's just that your wife must need some sort of equipment to beat you with (the ball) before tying you up (the chain). We have to keep you fellas in check, don't we?

Well, I never say never, perhaps I will try the old ice in beer thing one of these hot days.

Care for a little cooking tip from down home? Do not laugh it is delicious:
Boil shrimp (or crab, langoustine, etc.) in beer, and beer alone. A simple way to get to paradise....

We call them prawns rather than shrimp here in Australia. We make up a snack occasionally that is known locally as drunken prawns which goes as follows:

Ingredients:
1/2 kilo king prawns prawns, (medium to large)
1 canTooheys Old (but any dark beer would do; Don't overdo it if if you use Guiness its just a little overwealming)
2 teaspoons coarsely chopped garlic
1 tablespoon chilli sauce (Tabasco or similar, I like Portuguese Piri Piri)
1 tablespoon minced parsley

Instructions:
Peel and devein prawns (or omit this step and let guests peel their own when prawns are served). Place in a large pot along with beer, garlic, Tabasco, and parsley.

Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes or until prawns turn pink. Serve hot with some steamed rice.

You know your right there is something very special about beer and crustaceans, they do go well together.

As to the menage au troix aspirants, its much tougher going than you might think! You need to get you second wind very quickly or there's disappointment all round!

It not like road racing where you can sit back in the pack and recover before you attack again.

Kind regards,

James Bruce Gil said:
We call them prawns rather than shrimp here in Australia. We make up a snack occasionally that is known locally as drunken prawns which goes as follows:

Ingredients:
1/2 kilo king prawns prawns, (medium to large)
1 canTooheys Old (but any dark beer would do; Don't overdo it if if you use Guiness its just a little overwealming)
2 teaspoons coarsely chopped garlic
1 tablespoon chilli sauce (Tabasco or similar, I like Portuguese Piri Piri)
1 tablespoon minced parsley

Instructions:
Peel and devein prawns (or omit this step and let guests peel their own when prawns are served). Place in a large pot along with beer, garlic, Tabasco, and parsley.

Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes or until prawns turn pink. Serve hot with some steamed rice.

You know your right there is something very special about beer and crustaceans, they do go well together.

As to the menage au troix aspirants, its much tougher going than you might think! You need to get you second wind very quickly or there's disappointment all round!

It not like road racing where you can sit back in the pack and recover before you attack again.

Kind regards,

Looks like I brought this one to a grinding Halt!

I was still contemplating wether I could handle two women at once... I have arrived at a decision, and have a question. Which two.

Now- ever had a drunken chicken? Rub it down Cajun style, take a few sips out of a beer and shove the can up it's culo- set it on the grill and let it do it's this for an hour- perfect every time

Telegram Sam said:
I was still contemplating wether I could handle two women at once... I have arrived at a decision, and have a question. Which two.

Now- ever had a drunken chicken? Rub it down Cajun style, take a few sips out of a beer and shove the can up it's culo- set it on the grill and let it do it's this for an hour- perfect every time

Sam, I'll have to give it a try!

Back to this double trouble;

You know how when your road racing, you almost relax can sit back in the pack, get your second wind and watch things unfold, almost as though you are a spectator? Well while the other business is underway, believe me its very difficult to be a passive party, somehow you've got to be involved. If not the others seem to get stage fright and you feel left out! :p

Kind regards,

While I have never had any adventures with third-party involvement, I have serious doubts about how sturdy a fellow would have to be to handle the situation in such a way as to leave no one on the bench, so to speak. I this is one of those scenarios that the male of the species historically enjoyed reading about in the "letters from our readers" section of such time-revered and classic publications as Penthouse and Playboy, to name only the best-known.

Remember though, some things are best left to the imagination.

As for the chicken à la beer thing, it is quite good indeed, many a Texan holds that recipe near and dear. I'll be going home on the 24th, and I always need three Texas food fixes when I go: Some good Tex-Mex, real Texas barbecue, and a trip (or two) through the Sonic drive-in. Yeeeehaawww!

Gil, you didn't call a hault to the thread, I was just busy flying to Australia for some Toohey's to make those prawns.

James Bruce Gil said:
Sam, I'll have to give it a try!

Back to this double trouble;

You know how when your road racing, you almost relax can sit back in the pack, get your second wind and watch things unfold, almost as though you are a spectator? Well while the other business is underway, believe me its very difficult to be a passive party, somehow you've got to be involved. If not the others seem to get stage fright and you feel left out! :p

Kind regards,

less'go said:
While I have never had any adventures with third-party involvement, I have serious doubts about how sturdy a fellow would have to be to handle the situation in such a way as to leave no one on the bench, so to speak. I this is one of those scenarios that the male of the species historically enjoyed reading about in the "letters from our readers" section of such time-revered and classic publications as Penthouse and Playboy, to name only the best-known.

Remember though, some things are best left to the imagination.

As for the chicken à la beer thing, it is quite good indeed, many a Texan holds that recipe near and dear. I'll be going home on the 24th, and I always need three Texas food fixes when I go: Some good Tex-Mex, real Texas barbecue, and a trip (or two) through the Sonic drive-in. Yeeeehaawww!

Gil, you didn't call a hault to the thread, I was just busy flying to Australia for some Toohey's to make those prawns.

Yes, and I have been on vacation. Glad I brought up the subject of the second woman earlier. Because I believe it may need some extensive research. I just need to find volunteers and of course as in any good experiment it would need an isolated control experiment. That would mean a couple more volunteers.
As far as chickens go it is a dangerous combination in this part of the country, I mean live chickens and beer some strange things might happen.

My personal experience: Drinking here and there is harmless, but drinking on a regular basis, even small amounts such as 1-2 beers in the evening, is not good for cycling and all other purposes as well.:(

Here is another idea. Take this thread with the drunken chickens, beer,two women combine it with the thread on homophobia and let Jerry Springer moderate.

Hey, that reminds me, I don't know why, what ever happened to Geraldo? Youknow, you gotta' wonder? Maybe the French press just doesn't publicize his current exploits. Why am I thinking about Geraldo? Boys? Any idea?

jhuskey said:
Here is another idea. Take this thread with the drunken chickens, beer,two women combine it with the thread on homophobia and let Jerry Springer moderate.

less'go said:
Hey, that reminds me, I don't know why, what ever happened to Geraldo? Youknow, you gotta' wonder? Maybe the French press just doesn't publicize his current exploits. Why am I thinking about Geraldo? Boys? Any idea?

Maybe you have this deep burning desire for him Sarah. Go ahead fess-up I won't tell anyone. It is probably the thick eyebrows and the cheesy moustache that drives you wild! :confused:

ItsikH said:
My personal experience: Drinking here and there is harmless, but drinking on a regular basis, even small amounts such as 1-2 beers in the evening, is not good for cycling and all other purposes as well.:(

Now, now. Beer is good for you. It really is nature's tonic. You should drink it after cycling, not immediately before.

I've never found my self here and there 'armless, legless occasionally I'll admit. :D

You know it is great to see the thread is alive and well. I thought maybe I had leprosy (if that's how its spelled).

Huskie, as to your suggestion of a controlled experiment; In the sixties we were out of control, I fancy that was probably more fun! In those days however most things could be fixed with penecillin and there were none so pure as those whom had been recently cleansed.

Less' if you need Toohey's you don't have to fly for 24 hours each way; If you can't find a dark beer in Europe other than Guiness which is a bit strong, I have tried it successfully with Portuguese Beer (Sargress & Super Bok), which are not as dark as Toohey's, but both work quite well. ;)

Kind regards,