too good to be true!

James Bruce Gil said:
Now, now. Beer is good for you. It really is nature's tonic. You should drink it after cycling, not immediately before.

I've never found my self here and there 'armless, legless occasionally I'll admit. :D

You know it is great to see the thread is alive and well. I thought maybe I had leprosy (if that's how its spelled).

Huskie, as to your suggestion of a controlled experiment; In the sixties we were out of control, I fancy that was probably more fun! In those days however most things could be fixed with penecillin and there were none so pure as those whom had been recently cleansed.

Less' if you need Toohey's you don't have to fly for 24 hours each way; If you can't find a dark beer in Europe other than Guiness which is a bit strong, I have tried it successfully with Portuguese Beer (Sargress & Super Bok), which are not as dark as Toohey's, but both work quite well. ;)

Kind regards,

Well mate, you know what they say, if you can remember the sixties, you really didn't experience it properly.
Fortunately I was innocent then as I am to this day.
And Beer is the elixir of life. If we didn't have beer we wouldn't have those great commercials with those intellectual looking ladies in them. You know the ones with the BIG IQ's.

jhuskey said:
Well mate, you know what they say, if you can remember the sixties, you really didn't experience it properly.
Fortunately I was innocent then as I am to this day.
And Beer is the elixir of life. If we didn't have beer we wouldn't have those great commercials with those intellectual looking ladies in them. You know the ones with the BIG IQ's.
Huskie, its not so much that I remember the sixties myself; Its just that my dear wife reminds me about them every time we argue! Haven't you noticed that every time you comit an indiscretion, however minor it seemed at the time, it comes back from the other half. This way you don't so much remember it, rather it becomed reinculcated.

And as to those ladies with the Big IQ's, imagine one full of beer and the other full of pillow filling. One can but dream! Like you I to must have been weaned a little too early.

Kind regards,

You guys have me wondering now, do we have some serious emotional issues to deal with here? Traumatic weaning, memory loss, etc... ?

May I invite you boys over to the "Do you think I'm a woman" threadin the BC started by Bunny? I haven't seen such an odd one in quite some time. Perhaps you two will know how to field her/his question....

James Bruce Gil said:
And as to those ladies with the Big IQ's, imagine one full of beer and the other full of pillow filling. One can but dream! Like you I to must have been weaned a little too early.

Kind regards,

less'go said:
You guys have me wondering now, do we have some serious emotional issues to deal with here? Traumatic weaning, memory loss, etc... ?

May I invite you boys over to the "Do you think I'm a woman" threadin the BC started by Bunny? I haven't seen such an odd one in quite some time. Perhaps you two will know how to field her/his question....

It is not the milk that I got addicted to.I can take it or leave it. It is the container that I have always had a fascination with.
Basic marketing , packaging is everything!

less'go said:

Less',

I had a look, but really its a little out of my range, despite the furry thing in your lap stuff. Interesting though.

Do you think that perhaps, tranmatic weaning has caused my love of the (beer) bottle? :confused:

Kind regards,

James Bruce Gil said:
Less',

I had a look, but really its a little out of my range, despite the furry thing in your lap stuff. Interesting though.

Do you think that perhaps, tranmatic weaning has caused my love of the (beer) bottle? :confused:

Kind regards,

Sorry if I over stepped my bounds mate, when I spoke for both of us when I related that we were only learned in the basis of BBS ,Beer,Breast and Sports and I didn't tell Sarah the other "S" Sex but I felt I maybe safe in the assumption that you would go along with the analysis.

Sarah! we request , no demand a recent photo of yourself, that is not only provocative but esoteric in nature and would make an eighty year old man get married just so he could leave his wife and kids to be with you.
The "Gaunlet has been cast into the tempest of the unknown vortex.
Let the **** contact the oscillating blade, rotating ting-a-ma -bob.

You know what I mean!

jhuskey said:
Sorry if I over stepped my bounds mate, when I spoke for both of us when I related that we were only learned in the basis of BBS ,Beer,Breast and Sports and I didn't tell Sarah the other "S" Sex but I felt I maybe safe in the assumption that you would go along with the analysis.

Sarah! we request , no demand a recent photo of yourself, that is not only provocative but esoteric in nature and would make an eighty year old man get married just so he could leave his wife and kids to be with you.
The "Gaunlet has been cast into the tempest of the unknown vortex.
Let the **** contact the oscillating blade, rotating ting-a-ma -bob.

You know what I mean!

What's this octogenarian business Huskey. I am a mere 57 years of age. Positively youthful in relation to the second S your are speaking of.

However, I have long been captivated by the inclination, (no even prediliction) that I have for those well packaged feminine attributes that you alluded to earlier. I was seeking an opinion as to whether I have been so cast as the result of premature weaning. And is my love of sucking on a beer a mere substitute for the real thing.

After all Freud seems to blame my potty training. It may go back even further!

I am troubled that maybe I don't really enjoy a beer as much as I think I do.

As to leaving the children, (who are now in their thirties), you can't leave them. If you move into a single bedroom house they sleep on the lounge!

Kind regards,

James Bruce Gil said:
What's this octogenarian business Huskey. I am a mere 57 years of age. Positively youthful in relation to the second S your are speaking of.

However, I have long been captivated by the inclination, (no even prediliction) that I have for those well packaged feminine attributes that you alluded to earlier. I was seeking an opinion as to whether I have been so cast as the result of premature weaning. And is my love of sucking on a beer a mere substitute for the real thing.

After all Freud seems to blame my potty training. It may go back even further!

I am troubled that maybe I don't really enjoy a beer as much as I think I do.

As to leaving the children, (who are now in their thirties), you can't leave them. If you move into a single bedroom house they sleep on the lounge!

Kind regards,

No,you got me all wrong .I was not referring to you, just using that as an extreme example as to set the tone of what we expected.
Maybe we are both delusional about Beer. Maybe we should give it up and use that money and time spent on some great cause. Maybe join the Peace Corp and do missionary work or allow scientific experiments to be done on us to further medical research. Maybe we could write a song that makes the whole world sing and bring peace to everyone.
NAHHH!!! I'll just keep the beer. :rolleyes:
By the way, how did the election there go for you? I know the result ,just wondering how you felt about it.

Alright, I'll take the challenge. Just to show you all what an excellent elixir/fountain of youth potion Ale can really be. Don't give it up boys, beer is goo.

I just have to figure out how to post the piccie and there you go...

Miss Less

jhuskey said:
No,you got me all wrong .I was not referring to you, just using that as an extreme example as to set the tone of what we expected.
Maybe we are both delusional about Beer. Maybe we should give it up and use that money and time spent on some great cause. Maybe join the Peace Corp and do missionary work or allow scientific experiments to be done on us to further medical research. Maybe we could write a song that makes the whole world sing and bring peace to everyone.
By the way, how did the election there go for you? I know the result ,just wondering how you felt about it.

less'go said:
Alright, I'll take the challenge. Just to show you all what an excellent elixir/fountain of youth potion Ale can really be. Don't give it up boys, beer is goo.

I just have to figure out how to post the piccie and there you go...

Miss Less

We await the results and by the way I hope you meant to type "beer is Good" unless you are drinking some of that real dark thick German stuff.

jhuskey said:

Huskey, the incumbant got back. Sadly, we are headed down the same track that embroiled us in Vietnam. The draft looks like returning in due course and I worry about what lays ahead for my grandchildren.

There is unfortunately a rise in right wing authoritarianism here. There is an advertisement on TV from our federal police encouraging us to dob in our neighbours for any strange behaviour. This is suggestive of either second world war Germany or the former Soviet countries.

I am expecting any day to be reported for heading off on my bicycle at 5:00 am for my daily exercise. If I do I'll tell them that I am just saving oil and going down to McDonalds for breakfast! (Now going to Mc Donalds would be strange behaviour for me) :eek:.

Another disturbing aspect is the rise in religious fundamentalist political parties here. I have strong commitment to the freedom of people to do and believe as they want. Unfortunately, these religous political parties seem hell bent on imposing their particular inclinations on everybody. This starting with a clean sheet appeals not only to those who genuinely want to start again and have a second chance, but also to those opportunist rogues with no long term conscience.

I suppose it is inevitable that it will get worse here before it gets better. Just so long as they don't outlaw beer! I fear that if they do that, then the reality of it all will be with us always.

BTW, I saw a very young John Kerry on TV last night here, saying exactly how it was in Vietnam and being pilloried as a traitor for his candid honesty. Politics is a really a filthy business, regardless of where in the world it is.

As to joining the peace corp, we have an Australian volunteer scheme similar to that (the AVA). I did a power station project for them about 15 years ago and found it most rewarding. I suppose when I retire I will do one more, if I can talk my wife into it. She was keen last time but doesn't seem so enthusiastic these days. (We had no grandchildren then).

As to the Scientific research, I have been testing my liver for alcohol tolerence for years.

Less' I can't wait; I look forward to it with bated breath!

Kind regards,

James Bruce Gil said:
Huskey, the incumbant got back. Sadly, we are headed down the same track that embroiled us in Vietnam. The draft looks like returning in due course and I worry about what lays ahead for my grandchildren.

There is unfortunately a rise in right wing authoritarianism here. There is an advertisement on TV from our federal police encouraging us to dob in our neighbours for any strange behaviour. This is suggestive of either second world war Germany or the former Soviet countries.

I am expecting any day to be reported for heading off on my bicycle at 5:00 am for my daily exercise. If I do I'll tell them that I am just saving oil and going down to McDonalds for breakfast! (Now going to Mc Donalds would be strange behaviour for me) :eek:.

Another disturbing aspect is the rise in religious fundamentalist political parties here. I have strong commitment to the freedom of people to do and believe as they want. Unfortunately, these religous political parties seem hell bent on imposing their particular inclinations on everybody. This starting with a clean sheet appeals not only to those who genuinely want to start again and have a second chance, but also to those opportunist rogues with no long term conscience.

I suppose it is inevitable that it will get worse here before it gets better. Just so long as they don't outlaw beer! I fear that if they do that, then the reality of it all will be with us always.

BTW, I saw a very young John Kerry on TV last night here, saying exactly how it was in Vietnam and being pilloried as a traitor for his candid honesty. Politics is a really a filthy business, regardless of where in the world it is.

As to joining the peace corp, we have an Australian volunteer scheme similar to that (the AVA). I did a power station project for them about 15 years ago and found it most rewarding. I suppose when I retire I will do one more, if I can talk my wife into it. She was keen last time but doesn't seem so enthusiastic these days. (We had no grandchildren then).

As to the Scientific research, I have been testing my liver for alcohol tolerence for years.

Less' I can't wait; I look forward to it with bated breath!

Kind regards,

Well as long as your are happy with the outcome of the election. Just kidding!
I was considering leaving my body to science-fiction but before that I think we would like to tour Europe on cycles.
As for outlawing beer just let me know and I will see that an invasion order is given. I mean talk about opression.
They would probably capture me and put me in a beer free facility in the Northern Territory. You know a "lack of consentration camp".
If we bait Sarah properly we may be able to start our own section of Cycling Forums for "hot babe centerfolds"

How bout it Steve? It would liven up the forum.

Gil if it gets too bad I have plan to invade Dollywood take over and start my own free nation and you are welcome there. It will be a country of beer and breast worship.

jhuskey said:
Well as long as your are happy with the outcome of the election. Just kidding!
I was considering leaving my body to science-fiction but before that I think we would like to tour Europe on cycles.
As for outlawing beer just let me know and I will see that an invasion order is given. I mean talk about opression.
They would probably capture me and put me in a beer free facility in the Northern Territory. You know a "lack of consentration camp".
If we bait Sarah properly we may be able to start our own section of Cycling Forums for "hot babe centerfolds"

How bout it Steve? It would liven up the forum.

Gil if it gets too bad I have plan to invade Dollywood take over and start my own free nation and you are welcome there. It will be a country of beer and breast worship.

I also read in the newspaper along with the depressing poll result that Dolly Parton was having a reduction. The say as you age you IQ reduces. Whats the world coming to?

Count me in on the beer and breast militia...after watching the debates...and Farenheit-I think I am ready to leave the union

Oh yeah- I have firearms and lots of bikes...and a keg-o-rator. See ya at Dollywood next Sunday
(we can use my 65 Falcon wagon as a tank!!)

Telegram Sam said:
Oh yeah- I have firearms and lots of bikes...and a keg-o-rator. See ya at Dollywood next Sunday
(we can use my 65 Falcon wagon as a tank!!)

Just to add to the arsenal, I have some old jungle greens and rusty steel helmet. No SLR though the army took that back so we'll need something to smoke the good stuff with: Maybe one of your long arms Sam? The jungle green tousers will probably still fit if I leave the fly completely open and I can find a longer belt. There'll be no concealed arms in my case. The shirt is more like a waste coat but it will pass if I don't attempt to button it up. Can't find my boots.

I'm in the coalition of the Dolling to. Where is this place? We probably need to peddle in under the cover of dark. Do we have a plan to win the peace?

Kind regards,

James Bruce Gil said:
I also read in the newspaper along with the depressing poll result that Dolly Parton was having a reduction. The say as you age you IQ reduces. Whats the world coming to?

No worries, Dolly getting a reduction is like saying we are going to start raking the gravel from Mt. Everest.
Plenty to go around. It will probably take a couple of years just for the engineering plan.
As far as location, Dollywood is just a few mile from me and at this time of year it is inhabited by mostly senior citizens.
We can probably take it without conflict by announcing a prune shortage.
When they leave we will install our phoney baloney government export our own brand of Dolly Ale(not much taste but big on volume) and import young island girls from Tahiti to keep the streets clean.

Should be about time for Less to be on line.She has some catching up to do.