too good to be true!

NYY2183 said:
i hate tequila, it's so nasty...guinness is a very good beer, you have to serve it extra extra cold though. Question?!? has anyone ever heard of absinth, or even tryed it.
I've about set my mind to getting some absinthe, but first I've got to pay off the new bike! ;)

As to tequila being nasty, I've found that's only true for the cheap mixto brews. The pure agave tequilas, particularly the ones of highest quality, are just delicious! :)

jhuskey said:
I think coffee tastes like low grade dog ****
now what gets me about this is I love coffee but have never tryed dog **** let alone low grade stuff. Question i have is how does this guy know this?????????????????????????????????????????????????? :)

FatherBob said:
I've about set my mind to getting some absinthe, but first I've got to pay off the new bike! ;)

As to tequila being nasty, I've found that's only true for the cheap mixto brews. The pure agave tequilas, particularly the ones of highest quality, are just delicious! :)

One thing I love is intrepid drinkers.

Absinthe has been around for centuries. You can make your own if want all you have to do is get some fortified wine, brandy or similar and some wormwood leaves and soak them in it. Leave it for about 12 months, strain out the leaves and drink the infusion.

It sort of rates with a sh*t sandwich, once is enough. You'll need a dog handy, so that you can lick its ass and get the foul taste out of your mouth. :D

My recommendation is stick to the Tequila Bob.

Kind regards,

jhuskey said:
The large table would also come in handy for a short "Siesta" if you have a little too much.

Oh, and don't forget the benefit of having the dancing girls strutting their stuff on the tables at St Sara,s. Of course there would also have to be poles at the center of the tables so that the girls would have something to hold onto to keep their balance... (Or they could just use it as a prop. See where I'm going?

Tonight we're going to do a fun-filled mountain bike night ride. Thereafter, we'll consume copious amounts of booze. Now if only I could find those twins... ;)

aljeffo666 said:
jhuskey said:
I think coffee tastes like low grade dog ****
now what gets me about this is I love coffee but have never tryed dog **** let alone low grade stuff. Question i have is how does this guy know this?????????????????????????????????????????????????? :)

If you ever met my ex-wife,you would not ask!

Ratty said:
Oh, and don't forget the benefit of having the dancing girls strutting their stuff on the tables at St Sara,s. Of course there would also have to be poles at the center of the tables so that the girls would have something to hold onto to keep their balance... (Or they could just use it as a prop. See where I'm going?

Tonight we're going to do a fun-filled mountain bike night ride. Thereafter, we'll consume copious amounts of booze. Now if only I could find those twins... ;)

Maybe we could get a couple of those mechanical bulls remove the top apparatus and mount bike saddles on them for the dancing girls to ride.
I may be on to something here.
Yep, it is part season here also.I had one last Saturday,theres one tommrow night and one this Saturday.
I believe I will pass up the one on Friday.

NYY2183 said:
I'll keep a lookout for that good tequila then!

I tried some of that genuine Mexican stuff once. One of those with the worm in it.As I remember the English translations of the label was "RED WORM".
Tasted like kerosene. Cuervo is as sweet as mothers milk in comparison.

NYY2183 said:
I'll keep a lookout for that good tequila then!
There are a number of good brands, and a few things worth knowing. If you enjoy a good vodka (not that cheap ****, heh), you'll probably like a different tequila than the one preferred by someone who enjoyes a good oaky scotch.

First off, make sure the bottle reads "pure agave," "100% de agave," "puro de agave azul," or similar. That means it's pure tequila, and not a "mixto" (the stuff everyone got sick on in high school.... errmm.. college ;) ).

Second, while acquiring the taste for it, check out premium brands like Patrón, Don Julio, and Corazón (although there are many good ones).

Third, understand the three different kinds of tequila you'll see on the shelf. Some is aged either not at all of for less than 2 months, and is usually called blanco, silver, etc. Some is aged 61 days to a year, and is called reposado. Anything aged over a year is called añejo (ahn-yay-hoh). If you take a sip of a fine vodka like Hangar One, then take a sip of a fine blanco tequila, you should immediately be able to pick up on the delicious herbal zestiness of it. Yummmm.

If you like a well-aged scotch (or similar), check out a good añejo, which will have been aged in oak barrels for a year or three, and will compare well.

When I first took up tequila, it took a week or so of sipping for my taste buds to pick up on it before I started to really enjoy it. Since then, it's been a love affair, and I can make myself late for work prattling on about it (like now, for instance).

Tequila also weighs less than wine, buzz for buzz, for those touring enthusiasts. :) heh

jhuskey said:
I tried some of that genuine Mexican stuff once. One of those with the worm in it.As I remember the English translations of the label was "RED WORM".
Tasted like kerosene. Cuervo is as sweet as mothers milk in comparison.
Yeckh! That stuff's a marketing gimmick. *shudder*

Ratty said:

Uncle Mouse,

I'm not so sure that I go on those poles any more. When I switched jobs last time a group of the younger girls at the office presented me with a polished brass pole set up on some timber, with all their signatures on it and tried to convince me that it was a section of the pole from bar where they worked their second jobs as lingerie dancers.

I knew it was a fake because it was too shiny and didn't smell genuine. Trouble was I couldn't convince my wife it was a fake. At first she didn't know what it was (supposed to be) until my daughter in law told here. Then she made me take it out of the house so its up in the shed with my bikes.

The crazy thing was that I only go to those sorts of bars occasionally and find all that superficial carry on rather boring. Generally, the beer is severely overpriced and likewise the food which is also usually very ordinary in those places in Australia.

Still if Huskey and the other good folk of St Sara's appreciate pole dancers then its ok by me.

Kind regards,

jhuskey said:
Maybe we could get a couple of those mechanical bulls remove the top apparatus and mount bike saddles on them for the dancing girls to ride.
I may be on to something here.
Yep, it is part season here also.I had one last Saturday,theres one tommrow night and one this Saturday.
I believe I will pass up the one on Friday.

Huskey,

I saw those mechanical bulls in Los Angeles, the thing that struck me was that when the people were thrown off them the bull didn't turn around, stamp all over them and gore them.

If we have them in St Sara's I want the ones that finish the job like real angry bulls do. :D

Kind regards,

FatherBob said:
Yeckh! That stuff's a marketing gimmick. *shudder*

Bob,

My understanding of this is that the succulent (cactus) that Tequila is made from is at its peak for making Tequila at the same time as the grubs are there.

It started out as a way of the makers demonstrating that the Tequila was made from the best quality materials in the days of cottage industry. These days of mass production, the grubs are bred artificially so that they are always available to put in the bottle regardless of what time of the year it is.

A bit of trivia.

Kind regards,

Gil, Huskey, Peggy Sue, Ratty, and all others who have had the wherewithall to keep this highly important thread moving along...

I'm sure you've all been racking your brains (or not, judging by the fact that I have absolutely no new PM's and haven't logged in in months) trying to figure out what has become of this exceptional thread's founder and patron saint, Saint Sara (was that redundant???).

Well, here I am, neither dead nor dying, altough I admit that I am nursing a doozy of a hangover after a 6 person dinner party at my house last night, that saw the demise of 2 bottles of champagne, 4 bottles of top-quality Rosé, and two bottles of fine red wine (plus a delicious pear digestif around 4 am, but since we did not actually finish the bottle, I am not sure it counts :) .

Actually the hangover would be much worse except for copious quantities of water consumed throughout the evening, 4 Tylenol tablets, and the fact that I managed to drag my butt out of bed this morning to go for a nice long run... Yes, I admit that I have abandoned my bike for anything other than transportation purposes (although i still love biking dearly, and riding always makes me happy, even if it's just to get from here to there), and have embraced running as my sport of preference.

If it is of any reassurance, I have not defected to a runner's forum... Actually been learning a new language, and so spending my computer forum time learning it.

Well, I have some reading to do to catch up on this thread. I wanted to send my best to all of you though... Gil I hope your recovery has been speedy, I have thought of you many a time.... :p

Cheers and take care, I hope you are all well and happy, and who knows, perhaps one day the waxing twins shall ride Ratty tandem again...

Sara

less'go said:
Gil, Huskey, Peggy Sue, Ratty, and all others who have had the wherewithall to keep this highly important thread moving along...

I'm sure you've all been racking your brains (or not, judging by the fact that I have absolutely no new PM's and haven't logged in in months) trying to figure out what has become of this exceptional thread's founder and patron saint, Saint Sara (was that redundant???).

Well, here I am, neither dead nor dying, altough I admit that I am nursing a doozy of a hangover after a 6 person dinner party at my house last night, that saw the demise of 2 bottles of champagne, 4 bottles of top-quality Rosé, and two bottles of fine red wine (plus a delicious pear digestif around 4 am, but since we did not actually finish the bottle, I am not sure it counts :) .

Actually the hangover would be much worse except for copious quantities of water consumed throughout the evening, 4 Tylenol tablets, and the fact that I managed to drag my butt out of bed this morning to go for a nice long run... Yes, I admit that I have abandoned my bike for anything other than transportation purposes (although i still love biking dearly, and riding always makes me happy, even if it's just to get from here to there), and have embraced running as my sport of preference.

If it is of any reassurance, I have not defected to a runner's forum... Actually been learning a new language, and so spending my computer forum time learning it.

Well, I have some reading to do to catch up on this thread. I wanted to send my best to all of you though... Gil I hope your recovery has been speedy, I have thought of you many a time.... :p

Cheers and take care, I hope you are all well and happy, and who knows, perhaps one day the waxing twins shall ride Ratty tandem again...

Sara

Let me be the first to welcome you back. I just got off the bike and have some guest coming over for boat ride so I'll need to keep it short.
I to am beginning to learn another language but it is a slow process for me.
You can take guess which one.
Don't be such a stranger from now on we need moral support.

Buon Pomeriggio,Ciao

jhuskey said:
Let me be the first to welcome you back. I just got off the bike and have some guest coming over for boat ride so I'll need to keep it short.
I to am beginning to learn another language but it is a slow process for me.
You can take guess which one.
Don't be such a stranger from now on we need moral support.

Buon Pomeriggio,Ciao

Less',

Let me be the second to welcome you home to St Sara's. It's loverly to hear from you once again. It is even better to hear that although you have not been able to keep in touch that you have at least been joining us in spirit (and wine and champagne and......etc). The indulgence (or over-indulgence) in such was the reason for very reason for the foundation of St Sara de Beer's after all.

This running is not as good for you as cycling in the long tern. I had a go at tri-athlon when it first started up, before it became popular and competitive and have paid dearly for it, Swimming and cycling is fine, but when you become old and decrepit like me running is not so easy any more.

So far as the operation is concerned, I think I am on the mend. Of course you can never be quite sure with cancer.

I still get sore along the scar line after exercise or when I either eat or drink too much. Still I generally feel a lot better than I did prior to the operation.

Le genre considère,

James Bruce Gil said:
Less',

Let me be the second to welcome you home to St Sara's.

And Ratty is caught snoozing again... I'll have to settle for the last podium place in welcoming you back. It's gettign chilly here again, so I'm in desperate need of some womanly warming again.

When I heard you would return I hit the brakes on the bike and hot-fotted it to St Saras to see if it were true. . .

Three down, one to go... Where is my charming sister Sue? Has anybody heard from that wayward lass or is she MIA?

Glad you're feeling better, Gil... So Huskey, your learning... Italian? Or is it some other lovely romance language? And Ratty, dear Ratty, sorry it's getting cold down there, where as here it is just heating up. I got a flat today, is there no handsome stranger to change it for me????

Ratty said:
And Ratty is caught snoozing again... I'll have to settle for the last podium place in welcoming you back. It's gettign chilly here again, so I'm in desperate need of some womanly warming again.

When I heard you would return I hit the brakes on the bike and hot-fotted it to St Saras to see if it were true. . .

less'go said:
Three down, one to go... Where is my charming sister Sue? Has anybody heard from that wayward lass or is she MIA?

Glad you're feeling better, Gil... So Huskey, your learning... Italian? Or is it some other lovely romance language? And Ratty, dear Ratty, sorry it's getting cold down there, where as here it is just heating up. I got a flat today, is there no handsome stranger to change it for me????

Si,estudio Italiano,mi dispasio,I am not very good at it yet, especially the spelling.
Less, your are a welcome renewed addition,afterall we are all unruly heathens here and need a womens touch.
Gil,I know this sound strange ,but I have no scheduled parties next weekend and I am GLAD.
Give me the quiet. Malto contento!

jhuskey said:
Si,estudio Italiano,mi dispasio,I am not very good at it yet, especially the spelling.
Less, your are a welcome renewed addition,afterall we are all unruly heathens here and need a womens touch.
Gil,I know this sound strange ,but I have no scheduled parties next weekend and I am GLAD.
Give me the quiet. Malto contento!

Huskey,

Il suo Italiano progredisce bene. Congratulazioni! I must say though that generally I am recovered sufficiently after 48 hours to look forward to the next party.

Less' I also had a puncture on Monday morning. I had to ride through some broken glass and paid the price. I managed to get back home by successively reinflating my rear tyre so it wasn't too disastrous. Susan is or until recently was contributing to a discussion on the colour of cycling shorts. Maybe you can track her down over there, but don't desert us, we depend on your moral guidance.

I am pretty busy at the moment and must go.

Kind regards,