too good to be true!

jhuskey said:
I am headed home now. I will catch up later.
Huskey,

This is to breathe a little life into society at St Sara's:

Considering my fathers current problem the following facts have become manifest:

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Australians.
2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Australians.
3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Australians.
4. The Italians drink excessive amounts of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Australians.
5. The Germans drink a lot of beer, eat lots of fatty sausages and suffer fewer hearts atacks than Australians.

My conclusion:

Eat and drink what you like. Its either living in Australia or speaking English that causess heart attacks.

In St Sara dBeer's the people will eat and drink whatever they like, speak any language they feel like, and live long lives free of cardiological problems!!!

Oh where are you our patron saint & Princess? Huskey and I miss you and we are in need of your moral guidance.

Kind regards,

James Bruce Gil said:
Oh where are you our patron saint & Princess? Huskey and I miss you and we are in need of your moral guidance.

Kind regards,

Don't you perhaps mean "morale" guidance?

James Bruce Gil said:
Huskey,

This is to breathe a little life into society at St Sara's:

Considering my fathers current problem the following facts have become manifest:

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Australians.
2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Australians.
3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Australians.
4. The Italians drink excessive amounts of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Australians.
5. The Germans drink a lot of beer, eat lots of fatty sausages and suffer fewer hearts atacks than Australians.

My conclusion:

Eat and drink what you like. Its either living in Australia or speaking English that causess heart attacks.

In St Sara dBeer's the people will eat and drink whatever they like, speak any language they feel like, and live long lives free of cardiological problems!!!

Kind regards,

Two out of three here in the States.People come here without any intention of learning the language,eat without regard to their health....and the heart attacks go on,oh well.
As far as english waht we speak in the states is far removed from waht was considered english so it must be something else.

jhuskey said:
Two out of three here in the States.People come here without any intention of learning the language,eat without regard to their health....and the heart attacks go on,oh well.
As far as english waht we speak in the states is far removed from waht was considered english so it must be something else.

Huskey,

Like you folk USA, we in AUS don't really speak English either. It is more manglish and is becoming more so with time. It was quite interesting up in New Caledonia in the last few weeks to find the number of English based acronyms that have been adapted to the French spoken over there. I'm sure in a few years (say about 50) many of the wesern languages (vis English, Spanish, Italian, German & French will become more and more alike as the older words are replaced with the newer ones.

Uncle Mouse,

Moral guidance or Morale guidance? I think we need both at the moment. A balanced input repartee from both genders is what we require in St Sara's.

Kind regards,

James Bruce Gil said:
Huskey,

Like you folk USA, we in AUS don't really speak English either. It is more manglish and is becoming more so with time. It was quite interesting up in New Caledonia in the last few weeks to find the number of English based acronyms that have been adapted to the French spoken over there. I'm sure in a few years (say about 50) many of the wesern languages (vis English, Spanish, Italian, German & French will become more and more alike as the older words are replaced with the newer ones.

Uncle Mouse,

Moral guidance or Morale guidance? I think we need both at the moment. A balanced input repartee from both genders is what we require in St Sara's.

Kind regards,

Actually a departure from morals may be a boost to morale. How is your weather now, getting cooler?
It's great beer drinking weather here now if you goin for that sort of thing.

jhuskey said:
Actually a departure from morals may be a boost to morale. How is your weather now, getting cooler?
It's great beer drinking weather here now if you goin for that sort of thing.

Huskey,

It is pouring with rain here in Sydney today, so much so that I didn't go for my morning ride. Weather is unseasonably warm though, because of the cloud cover I suppose.

When its dark and wet the cars just don't seem to see cyclists lights or no lights. On both of the occasions that I have been hit, it was in these sorts of conditions. So as a risk management strategy I avoid riding in them if I can.

Still a beer is nice in any weather.

How's that dog that turned up half starved? Does it now own the place?

Kind regards,

James Bruce Gil said:
Huskey,

It is pouring with rain here in Sydney today, so much so that I didn't go for my morning ride. Weather is unseasonably warm though, because of the cloud cover I suppose.

When its dark and wet the cars just don't seem to see cyclists lights or no lights. On both of the occasions that I have been hit, it was in these sorts of conditions. So as a risk management strategy I avoid riding in them if I can.

Still a beer is nice in any weather.

How's that dog that turned up half starved? Does it now own the place?

Kind regards,

She is still deaf half blind and has skin allergies and arthritis but has gone from 22 to 40 lbs and seems to enjoy herself most of the time.
Harry our other dog owns the place but allows guests, as in myself.
I have three parties this weekend all involving drinking,two at our place and one across the lake.
Being the holiday weekend I think a small bottle of Crown Royal might be in order,to take on the boat.....in case of snake bite!
I believe I still have an emergency snake.
The Sunday morning ride is going to be a little tough.

jhuskey said:
She is still deaf half blind and has skin allergies and arthritis but has gone from 22 to 40 lbs and seems to enjoy herself most of the time.
Harry our other dog owns the place but allows guests, as in myself.
I have three parties this weekend all involving drinking,two at our place and one across the lake.
Being the holiday weekend I think a small bottle of Crown Royal might be in order,to take on the boat.....in case of snake bite!
I believe I still have an emergency snake.
The Sunday morning ride is going to be a little tough.

Huskey,

I know what you mean. Its amost impossible to have a technicolor yawn and not wear some of it without stopping. (This is starting to sound like that other thread where urination while riding was the topic). Enjoy your parties.

We are heading off to the weekender this Friday. The grandchildren are on school holidays as of Friday, so my wife is spiriting them away from their parents for a week or so. I'll come back to Sydney for the week and then join her and the kids the following weekend.

Kind regards,

Fellas (and hopefully the return of our Gals also)

Yup, our winter has finally arrived and we had our first bit of frost yesterday morning. Haven't breached the sub zero temperature yet but have had a couple of 1 and 2 degrees C mornings. Still riding it through though, but mileage is not sufficient to support drinking habit, so I've done the responsible thing and decided to ride more from next week. (This week is a rest week.)

I took it under moral guidance as to whether I should drink less or ride more and if St Sara will provide some of that morale guidance, I will be able to overcome the weather hurdle with relative ease.

Cheers...

Ratty said:
Fellas (and hopefully the return of our Gals also)

Yup, our winter has finally arrived and we had our first bit of frost yesterday morning. Haven't breached the sub zero temperature yet but have had a couple of 1 and 2 degrees C mornings. Still riding it through though, but mileage is not sufficient to support drinking habit, so I've done the responsible thing and decided to ride more from next week. (This week is a rest week.)

I took it under moral guidance as to whether I should drink less or ride more and if St Sara will provide some of that morale guidance, I will be able to overcome the weather hurdle with relative ease.

Cheers...

I understand the drinking thing,forgive me Gil, but I have stopped having a couple of afternoon brews after a training ride during the week. I need to drop about 3 lbs.
The temperature is around 88 on the F. scale with a heat index of 95-97 most days so I don't need ear muffs .
The ladies have desereted us. Maybe we got way too tame for them.

jhuskey said:
I understand the drinking thing,forgive me Gil, but I have stopped having a couple of afternoon brews after a training ride during the week. I need to drop about 3 lbs.
The temperature is around 88 on the F. scale with a heat index of 95-97 most days so I don't need ear muffs .
The ladies have desereted us. Maybe we got way too tame for them.

Huskey,

We need to breathe some life into this thread. It seems the ladies have deserted us in preference for those blokes wearing all sorts of fruit down their cycling shorts.

What we need is some brave citizen to appeal to their voyeurism and posting something more appealing on this thread. I have been speculating that if we could produce a photo of say Uncle mouse with a bottle of Crown Lager down his shorts in lieu of the bananas, cucumbers & Carrots being worn by those other characters on the other thread, we just may be able to entice them back to their rightful place. :p

Sara & Susan where are you?

Kind regards,

James Bruce Gil said:
Huskey,

We need to breathe some life into this thread. It seems the ladies have deserted us in preference for those blokes wearing all sorts of fruit down their cycling shorts.

What we need is some brave citizen to appeal to their voyeurism and posting something more appealing on this thread. I have been speculating that if we could produce a photo of say Uncle mouse with a bottle of Crown Lager down his shorts in lieu of the bananas, cucumbers & Carrots being worn by those other characters on the other thread, we just may be able to entice them back to their rightful place. :p

Sara & Susan where are you?

Kind regards,

A bottle of Crown Lager? Well I guess down sizing would be the thing to do as not to scare them off.

jhuskey said:
A bottle of Crown Lager? Well I guess down sizing would be the thing to do as not to scare them off.

Huskey,

Maybe a six pack then?

It was more the shape that I thought may be more appealing. Nobody seems to want to eat their fruit & vegies these days after all.

It hasn't occurred to you then that you could lose that 3lb by downsizing?

Breast reductions are all the go; Why not reductions of the male type? Mind you this cold weather I would need a search party to find mine if I had it done. :D

Girls would you be able to help searching for the lost houswive's friend?

Kind regards,

James Bruce Gil said:
Huskey,

Maybe a six pack then?

It was more the shape that I thought may be more appealing. Nobody seems to want to eat their fruit & vegies these days after all.

It hasn't occurred to you then that you could lose that 3lb by downsizing?

Breast reductions are all the go; Why not reductions of the male type? Mind you this cold weather I would need a search party to find mine if I had it done. :D

Girls would you be able to help searching for the lost houswive's friend?

Kind regards,

Why don't we start a "In search of Sara" thread? It would a lot less stupid than some of the things posted here.
The fame of having her own thread might bring her back.

jhuskey said:
Why don't we start a "In search of Sara" thread? It would a lot less stupid than some of the things posted here.
The fame of having her own thread might bring her back.

Huskey,

Sounds like a great idea. Only we would have to disguise our intentions. Given that "Sara" is the word for "princess" in Hebrew and Aramaic maybe we should be a little subtle and start a search for the "cycling princess". You never know we may be fortunate enough to attract an entire harem to supplement the population of St Sara's and thereby create gender balance in the sleaze bar. I'm getting a little dissapointed by the continual bickering among the young lions in the sleaze bar whom are all fighting over the limited talent that is in there these days.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

Kind regards,

James Bruce Gil said:
Huskey,

Sounds like a great idea. Only we would have to disguise our intentions. Given that "Sara" is the word for "princess" in Hebrew and Aramaic maybe we should be a little subtle and start a search for the "cycling princess". You never know we may be fortunate enough to attract an entire harem to supplement the population of St Sara's and thereby create gender balance in the sleaze bar. I'm getting a little dissapointed by the continual bickering among the young lions in the sleaze bar whom are all fighting over the limited talent that is in there these days.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

Kind regards,

Reminds me of that film "Serving Sara" but we could always have our version called "Servicing Sara".

jhuskey said:
Can I get it on DVD?
Huskey,

You don't need to get these things on DVD. Get your self a large mirror and locate it strategically so that you can be the star or the support actor at least! :D

Admittedly, the 5.1 channel surround sound is impressive for the sound effects but in general you don't seem to hear them at these critical times. I suppose its the very serious nature of the business.

KInd regards,

James Bruce Gil said:
Huskey,

You don't need to get these things on DVD. Get your self a large mirror and locate it strategically so that you can be the star or the support actor at least! :D

Admittedly, the 5.1 channel surround sound is impressive for the sound effects but in general you don't seem to hear them at these critical times. I suppose its the very serious nature of the business.

KInd regards,

Gil:
I have tried this but it always turns out to be **** movie not fit for the faint of heart.
Perhaps a new script would help the general rating and besides it is hard to act, watch and eat popcorn with proper decorum for some reason.
Maybe a western. Do you have any spare sheep?

jhuskey said:
Gil:
I have tried this but it always turns out to be **** movie not fit for the faint of heart.
Perhaps a new script would help the general rating and besides it is hard to act, watch and eat popcorn with proper decorum for some reason.
Maybe a western. Do you have any spare sheep?

Huskey,

Your capacity for multitasking never ceases to amaze me. Being a mere mortal, my multitasking is limited to drinking a beer while simultaneously farting, watching the football on television and riding my excercise bike.

How do we script this sheep into things, without becoming a little tasteless? I'm told you don't involve pigs in such movies in case they squeal on you.

Kind regards,