Too hot to train

roadhouse said:
99 degrees outside and hopefully not getting any hotter but i'm sure it will and i got to go install two commercial (self contained package) units on a roof at 1:00.

fark.

make that two 5 ton split systems ( air handlers hung on rack on inside and condensors set on roof top) in what is 96 and feels like 105 for tomorrow...inside of a dry cleaners and that place is a sweat shop!

just looking at the job i lost weight. :D

Got in my car yesterday at about 4pm and according to the outside thermometer in the car, it read 112 degrees. It could be because the car was sitting still in the sun, though.

Once I got moving and on the road, the temperature read a cool 106 degrees. :(

I'll take 100*F in AZ any day over 95*F with 95% in MA and definitely over 40*F with 28 mph winds in MA.

I don't mind hot weather, and can even stand humid/hot weather (with an extra water bottle over my head), but not cold + windy weather. Cold by itself is ok but in New England we never get those days. The winds come guaranteed.

The computer read 110 yesterday. It's the climbs that are killing me. As long as I can do 18 mph or better it feels ok. Just no way to keep that pace with the terrain around here.

I left the house just after 3am, the temp was 80`f, the humidity was 78%, the wind
was 0, dead calm.

Twenty one miles in just under three hours. (note later), As long as I was moving it
wasn't too bad, But to stop and take a break was insanely hot. My glasses fogged
over every time I stopped, I had a clean dry towel in my bag but was unable to
get the moisture off, As soon as I started moving it cleared up.

Note:
I have had a sinus infection and am taking antibiotics and some mild pain stuff.
These make you feel warm to start with and I am not in top form to be riding.
I missed a couple days all together and felt my ride today was about all I should
try.
The medicine also takes way your apatite so I have eaten very little the last three
days. Less than 500 calories a day.
I have lost nearly ten pounds in three days.

gman0482 said:
I don't mind hot weather, and can even stand humid/hot weather (with an extra water bottle over my head), but not cold + windy weather. Cold by itself is ok but in New England we never get those days. The winds come guaranteed.

Me likey cold, windy weather.

i woke up at 0715 today in IRAQ. Stepped outside and jesus the heat took my breathe away. it got up to about 125 id say almost 130.....

gman0482 said:
I'll take 100*F in AZ any day over 95*F with 95% in MA and definitely over 40*F with 28 mph winds in MA.

From October to March the wind is always present. Sometimes I forget when I take off and have a tail wind that its the wind propelling me along and realize I am in for a workout when I start hitting the cross winds.:D

Another hot one here today.

But, the weather folks are saying we will cool down to normal temps and have normal humidity levels in a couple of more days. :cool:

142 degrees in yesterdays attic but $750 cash (labor only) for four hours, no problem. yeah right, i almost fell right out, all dizzy and nauseated.

it is still kind of training, that's how i've always looked at it at least.

Houston's evaporator coils are spitting water like fountains, check yer a/c drain lines folks.

alienator said:
Grass mowing: an evil, soul sucking process.

In reality I enjoy yard work, no rush, mow, rest, trim, rest,, etc...

We have the nicest yard in the neighborhood we are told.

Work in progress!

backforty.jpg

I prefer xeriscape yards/property. There are way too many folks out here with grass yards that need way too much water to survive. Much prefer yards done with rocks, gravel, and plants common to this area. When we bought a house out here, it came with a grass filled back yard. The very first thing we did when were moved in was to kill all the grass. It took a bit o' time, but we won.

Back in the day I used to work with a brilliant stone designer and we did many yards like this one. It used to take us weeks and sometimes months to finish, but it always came out amazing.

alienator said:
I prefer xeriscape yards/property. There are way too many folks out here with grass yards that need way too much water to survive. Much prefer yards done with rocks, gravel, and plants common to this area. When we bought a house out here, it came with a grass filled back yard. The very first thing we did when were moved in was to kill all the grass. It took a bit o' time, but we won.

We have a city code, 51% of your property must be vegetation. Even commercial
property, they buy property and leave it green to make up for the completely cover
lots where their business is. They donate some of that for bike trails. That way the
city gets to maintain the property for them. We don't have a water problem, we
have a big lake near by, seventy miles of lake.

The US never has a water problem. We just take what we need, much like oil. Conserving water and being smart about water use is not something Americans want to be bothered about.

Back to the heat. 80 degrees 51% humidity. Perfect cycling weather.

I rode 196 miles this week in spite of the heat and humidity, which is the most I have ridden in a single week so far this year.

We're supposed to have some very nice weather for the next several days and I'm looking forward to it!

I'm tired of being a water processing machine....