Too Hot......

"Bob Incognito" <[email protected]>
wrote in news:3fb598ff@news1:

> ................to ride. Thank God for Tooheys.

You just had to get up early. I'm glad our little MTB ride this morning
finished at 11am though.

"John Stevenson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Bob Incognito" <[email protected]>
> wrote in news:3fb598ff@news1:
>
> > ................to ride. Thank God for Tooheys.

> You just had to get up early. I'm glad our little MTB ride this morning
> finished at 11am though.

Actually, I did the Loftus trig in the Royal National Park before it got too
hot. Ended up at Grays point....quite a climb back out...

"Bob Incognito"
<[email protected]> wrote in

> Actually, I did the Loftus trig in the Royal National Park before it
> got too hot. Ended up at Grays point....quite a climb back out...

We were riding at Menai, so, Mr Incognito, we're practically neighbours.

I no longer feel in the least welcome in the Royal National Park. That's a
couple of hundred bucks a year in veggie burgers and coffee at Audley and
park entry fees NPWS has lost from me,and I'm sure I'm not the only one...

"John Stevenson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Bob Incognito"
> <[email protected]> wrote in
>
> > Actually, I did the Loftus trig in the Royal National Park before it
> > got too hot. Ended up at Grays point....quite a climb back out...

> We were riding at Menai, so, Mr Incognito, we're practically neighbours.
>
> I no longer feel in the least welcome in the Royal National Park. That's a
> couple of hundred bucks a year in veggie burgers and coffee at Audley and
> park entry fees NPWS has lost from me,and I'm sure I'm not the only one...

I'm in the park on most days......but you're right, mtb's aren't overly
welcome. NP&WS have been erecting signs and trying their best to please both
walkers and mtb'ers but it doesn't seem to be working. You normally get a
few letters a month in our local rag, The Leader, complaing about us
"abusive, destructive and just plain rude" mtb riders in the Royal...

Whilst we're on the subject of the Royal, which climb do you think is
harder? The one from Audley up to the Visitors Centre or the one from the
bridge (McKell Ave) up to Waterfall?

Our NCM 50km ride in Newcastle today did not start until 9.30 as we had
visitors who came up from Sydney by train. The first hour was quite warm but
then the cool change came in and it was fine.
We had eight visitors from Bike North.
Sadly only five from Newcastle turned out.
When it is hot and windy you can always pick the mad dogs, Englishmen and
commuters.
Big raspberry to the rest of you wimps from Newcastle... thought the people
from our town were made of sterner stuff than that :)

--
Drop Dead if you want to reply personally

Bob Incognito wrote:
> Whilst we're on the subject of the Royal, which climb do you think is
> harder? The one from Audley up to the Visitors Centre or the one from the
> bridge (McKell Ave) up to Waterfall?

Artillery Hill! (Audley Weir towards the Bundeena turnoff)

&roo

"Andrew Swan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Bob Incognito wrote:
> > Whilst we're on the subject of the Royal, which climb do you think is
> > harder? The one from Audley up to the Visitors Centre or the one from

the
> > bridge (McKell Ave) up to Waterfall?

> Artillery Hill! (Audley Weir towards the Bundeena turnoff)

Being a MTB'er I don't have the pleasure of climbing that hill. I get to use
the rather flat Lady Carrington Drive. But, on the odd occasion I drive up
it, my beaten up old ute struggles!

"Bob Incognito"
<[email protected]> wrote in

> NP&WS have been erecting signs and trying their best
> to please both walkers and mtb'ers but it doesn't seem to be working.

That's because that's not what they're trying to do. This all started
when some loonie-tune - no doubt encouraged by lying RNP NPWS press
releases to the local bird-cage liner about how we're all a dreadful
bunch of enviro-vandals - started booby-trapping trails, including
stringing wire at head height. Realising they were sooner or later going
to get their arses sued for not stopping Mr I Hate Bikes, RNP NPWS
started talking to mountain bikers with the clear and obvious aim of
getting us off most singletrack in the park. A storm of lies and ********
ensued and eventually most of the mountain bikers involved got fed up and
wandered away, shaking our heads and concluding that we were dealing with
career cretins. (Hi Sue!)

> You normally get a few letters a month in our local rag, The Leader,
> complaing about us "abusive, destructive and just plain rude" mtb
> riders in the Royal...

Whereas we never complain about rude and abusive walkers because we don't
have a selfish, bitter and twisted agenda to hide with lies. Oh well; I
don't ride there any more. There are better trails elsewhere.

> Whilst we're on the subject of the Royal, which climb do you think is
> harder? The one from Audley up to the Visitors Centre or the one from
> the bridge (McKell Ave) up to Waterfall?

The Waterfall hill's sting in the tail clinches it for me, but I'm with
the poster who plumps for Artillery Hill.