Too Hot......



Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Stevenson

Guest
"Bob Incognito" <bvc[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Actually, I did the Loftus trig in the Royal National Park before it got too hot. Ended up at
> Grays point....quite a climb back out...

We were riding at Menai, so, Mr Incognito, we're practically neighbours.

I no longer feel in the least welcome in the Royal National Park. That's a couple of hundred bucks a
year in veggie burgers and coffee at Audley and park entry fees NPWS has lost from me,and I'm sure
I'm not the only one...
 
B

Bob Incognito

Guest
"John Stevenson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Bob Incognito" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > Actually, I did the Loftus trig in the Royal National Park before it got too hot. Ended up at
> > Grays point....quite a climb back out...
>
> We were riding at Menai, so, Mr Incognito, we're practically neighbours.
>
> I no longer feel in the least welcome in the Royal National Park. That's a couple of hundred bucks
> a year in veggie burgers and coffee at Audley and park entry fees NPWS has lost from me,and I'm
> sure I'm not the only one...

I'm in the park on most days......but you're right, mtb's aren't overly welcome. NP&WS have been
erecting signs and trying their best to please both walkers and mtb'ers but it doesn't seem to be
working. You normally get a few letters a month in our local rag, The Leader, complaing about us
"abusive, destructive and just plain rude" mtb riders in the Royal...

Whilst we're on the subject of the Royal, which climb do you think is harder? The one from Audley up
to the Visitors Centre or the one from the bridge (McKell Ave) up to Waterfall?
 
W

Wainwright

Guest
Our NCM 50km ride in Newcastle today did not start until 9.30 as we had visitors who came up from
Sydney by train. The first hour was quite warm but then the cool change came in and it was fine. We
had eight visitors from Bike North. Sadly only five from Newcastle turned out. When it is hot and
windy you can always pick the mad dogs, Englishmen and commuters. Big raspberry to the rest of you
wimps from Newcastle... thought the people from our town were made of sterner stuff than that :)

--
Drop Dead if you want to reply personally John Stevenson wrote in message ...
>"Bob Incognito" <[email protected]> wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>
>> ................to ride. Thank God for Tooheys.
>
>You just had to get up early. I'm glad our little MTB ride this morning finished at 11am though.
 
A

Andrew Swan

Guest
Bob Incognito wrote:
> Whilst we're on the subject of the Royal, which climb do you think is harder? The one from Audley
> up to the Visitors Centre or the one from the bridge (McKell Ave) up to Waterfall?

Artillery Hill! (Audley Weir towards the Bundeena turnoff)

&roo
 
B

Bob Incognito

Guest
"Andrew Swan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Bob Incognito wrote:
> > Whilst we're on the subject of the Royal, which climb do you think is harder? The one from
> > Audley up to the Visitors Centre or the one from
the
> > bridge (McKell Ave) up to Waterfall?
>
> Artillery Hill! (Audley Weir towards the Bundeena turnoff)
>
Being a MTB'er I don't have the pleasure of climbing that hill. I get to use the rather flat Lady
Carrington Drive. But, on the odd occasion I drive up it, my beaten up old ute struggles!
 
J

John Stevenson

Guest
"Bob Incognito" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> NP&WS have been erecting signs and trying their best to please both walkers and mtb'ers but it
> doesn't seem to be working.

That's because that's not what they're trying to do. This all started when some loonie-tune - no
doubt encouraged by lying RNP NPWS press releases to the local bird-cage liner about how we're all a
dreadful bunch of enviro-vandals - started booby-trapping trails, including stringing wire at head
height. Realising they were sooner or later going to get their arses sued for not stopping Mr I Hate
Bikes, RNP NPWS started talking to mountain bikers with the clear and obvious aim of getting us off
most singletrack in the park. A storm of lies and ******** ensued and eventually most of the
mountain bikers involved got fed up and wandered away, shaking our heads and concluding that we were
dealing with career cretins. (Hi Sue!)

> You normally get a few letters a month in our local rag, The Leader, complaing about us "abusive,
> destructive and just plain rude" mtb riders in the Royal...

Whereas we never complain about rude and abusive walkers because we don't have a selfish, bitter and
twisted agenda to hide with lies. Oh well; I don't ride there any more. There are better trails
elsewhere.

> Whilst we're on the subject of the Royal, which climb do you think is harder? The one from Audley
> up to the Visitors Centre or the one from the bridge (McKell Ave) up to Waterfall?

The Waterfall hill's sting in the tail clinches it for me, but I'm with the poster who plumps for
Artillery Hill.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.