Too International Here at Home

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Urhome, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. Urhome

    Urhome Guest

    Reading this group with posters and respondents from around the world awakened me to what's gone
    wrong in the US over the years: there's way too many Europeans living here and they've brought their
    deadly ugly spirits with them.

    Tags:

  2. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    >From: "urhome" [email protected]

    >Reading this group with posters and respondents from around the world awakened me to what's gone
    >wrong in the US over the years: there's way too many Europeans living here and they've brought
    >their deadly ugly spirits with them.

    How about all those "Americans" here who have lived in Europe and realised that life doesn't
    revolve around the dollar/euro/pound. Life is not about " He who dies with the most toys
    wins" Bill C

  3. Nev Shea

    Nev Shea Guest

    "urhome" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > Reading this group with posters and respondents from around the world awakened me to what's gone
    > wrong in the US over the years: there's way too many Europeans living here and they've brought
    > their deadly ugly spirits with them.

    No, the problem is too many idiots like you, but if you were smart enough to grasp that concept you
    never would have posted in the first place.

    It isn't even a good troll. Go back under your rock, evolve for a few millenia, then try again.

    NS

  4. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    >From: Nev Shea [email protected]

    >No, the problem is too many idiots like you, but if you were smart enough to grasp that concept you
    >never would have posted in the first place.
    >
    >It isn't even a good troll. Go back under your rock, evolve for a few millenia, then try again.

    Waaaa, waaaaa Where the hell are you the rest of the year? I really don't give a shit if it is a
    troll. If I think that 40 or 50 replies down the road I can take it to a place to make a point that
    works for me, I'll work it. Bill C

  5. Dashi Toshii

    Dashi Toshii Guest

    "urhome" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Reading this group with posters and respondents from around the world awakened me to what's gone
    > wrong in the US over the years: there's way too many Europeans living here and they've brought
    > their deadly ugly spirits with them.

    Well send your mom back to Europe then.

    But then again the Europeans probably wouldn't accept her being that she gave birth to a piece of
    shit like you. <VBG>

    Dashii

    *PLONK*

  6. Ed-D

    Ed-D Guest

    don't feed the trolls

    "Are you still wasting your time with spam?... There is a solution!"

    Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector The most powerful anti-spam software available.
    http://www.giantcompany.com

    > >From: "urhome" [email protected]
    >
    > >Reading this group with posters and respondents from around the world awakened me to what's gone
    > >wrong in the US over the years: there's way too many Europeans living here and they've brought
    > >their deadly ugly spirits with them.
    >
    > How about all those "Americans" here who have lived in Europe and realised that life doesn't
    > revolve around the dollar/euro/pound. Life is not about " He who dies with the most toys
    > wins" Bill C

  7. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    "urhome" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Reading this group with posters and respondents from around the world awakened me to what's gone
    > wrong in the US over the years: there's way too many Europeans living here and they've brought
    > their deadly ugly spirits with them.

    Um, you do know that the Internet is available in Europe, right? Do you imagine this to be only
    in the US?

  8. "Ed-D" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > don't feed the trolls

    Or at least, feed them Burger King. Did you know that in Europe, the "Quarter pounder with cheese"
    is called something different? It's called the "Royale with cheese". My friend told me this after
    visiting there.

    > "Are you still wasting your time with spam?... There is a solution!"
    >
    > Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector The most powerful anti-spam software available.
    > http://www.giantcompany.com
    >

    > "TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > >From: "urhome" [email protected]
    > >
    > > >Reading this group with posters and respondents from around the world awakened me to what's
    > > >gone wrong in the US over the years: there's way
    too
    > > >many Europeans living here and they've brought their deadly ugly
    spirits
    > > >with them.
    > >
    > > How about all those "Americans" here who have lived in Europe and
    realised
    > > that life doesn't revolve around the dollar/euro/pound. Life is not about " He who dies with the
    > > most toys wins" Bill C

  9. Gopher

    Gopher Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 06:08:01 GMT, "Geoff Willingston" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Ed-D" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> don't feed the trolls
    >>

    >Or at least, feed them Burger King. Did you know that in Europe, the "Quarter pounder with cheese"
    >is called something different? It's called the "Royale with cheese". My friend told me this after
    >visiting there.

    m-mm-m-m-mmm, that **IS** a tasty burger.

    g.

  10. Svend P.

    Svend P. Guest

    - as revealed in Pulp Fiction ...

    "Geoff Willingston" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Ed-D" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > don't feed the trolls
    > >

    > Or at least, feed them Burger King. Did you know that in Europe, the "Quarter pounder with cheese"
    > is called something different? It's called the "Royale with cheese". My friend told me this after
    > visiting there.

    > > "Are you still wasting your time with spam?... There is a solution!"
    > >
    > > Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector The most powerful anti-spam software available.
    > > http://www.giantcompany.com
    > >

    > > "TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...

    way
    > too
    > spirits
    > > >
    > > > How about all those "Americans" here who have lived in Europe and
    > realised
    > > > that life doesn't revolve around the dollar/euro/pound. Life is not about " He who dies with
    > > > the most toys wins" Bill C

  11. Smiles

    Smiles Guest

  12. "Geoff Willingston" <[email protected]> wrote in message Did you know that in Europe, the
    > "Quarter pounder with cheese" is called something different? It's called the "Royale with cheese".

    ...Or so said John Travolta to Samuel Jackson in "Pulp Fiction".

  13. Otto

    Otto Guest

    "Geoff Willingston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<5
    > Or at least, feed them Burger King. Did you know that in Europe, the "Quarter pounder with cheese"
    > is called something different? It's called the "Royale with cheese". My friend told me this after
    > visiting there.

    Off topic, but have to reply: Europe is a big place (in case you didn't realize). Guess what?
    Quarter Pounders are called . . . Quarter Pounders in the Netherlands! Don't believe every movie you
    see. And while we're at it. why did tarrantino mention the fact that while you can have a beer in a
    glass at the movies in NL, he didn't mention that they stick intermissions in the middle of the
    movies so you can buy said beers.

    Long live immigration!

  14. On 16 Jul 2003 09:42:31 -0700, otto wrote:
    > Guess what? Quarter Pounders are called . . . Quarter Pounders in the Netherlands! Don't believe
    > every movie you see.

    Wasn't Vince talking about quarterpounders in Paris?

  15. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    "Svend P." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > - as revealed in Pulp Fiction ...

    So nobody knew that before 1994?

    > "Geoff Willingston" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Ed-D" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > don't feed the trolls
    > > >

    > > Or at least, feed them Burger King. Did you know that in Europe, the "Quarter pounder with
    > > cheese" is called something different? It's
    called
    > > the "Royale with cheese". My friend told me this after visiting there.

    > > > "Are you still wasting your time with spam?... There is a solution!"
    > > >
    > > > Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector The most powerful anti-spam software available.
    > > > http://www.giantcompany.com
    > > >

    > > > "TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > way
    > > too
    > > spirits

    > > realised

  16. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    > On 16 Jul 2003 09:42:31 -0700, otto wrote:
    > > Guess what? Quarter Pounders are called . . . Quarter Pounders in the Netherlands! Don't believe
    > > every movie you see.
    >
    > Wasn't Vince talking about quarterpounders in Paris?

    Yes. I think the confusion comes from the fact that he talks about taking drugs in Holland (I
    think) and then makes the hamburger remark about a Parisian McDonalds. I might have it wrong, it
    has been a while.

  17. Ed-D

    Ed-D Guest

    "Geoff Willingston" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Ed-D" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > don't feed the trolls
    > >

    > Or at least, feed them Burger King. Did you know that in Europe, the "Quarter pounder with cheese"
    > is called something different? It's called the "Royale with cheese". My friend told me this after
    > visiting there.

    So what do they call the whopper?

    > > "Are you still wasting your time with spam?... There is a solution!"
    > >
    > > Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector The most powerful anti-spam software available.
    > > http://www.giantcompany.com
    > >

    > > "TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...

    > too
    > spirits
    > > >
    > > > How about all those "Americans" here who have lived in Europe and
    > realised
    > > > that life doesn't revolve around the dollar/euro/pound. Life is not about " He who dies with
    > > > the most toys wins" Bill C

  18. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

  19. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    > On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:10:43 GMT, Nick Burns wrote:
    > > he talks about taking drugs in Holland (I think)
    >
    > http://www.phys.uu.nl/~dronkert/etc/royale.mp3 (4 MB).

    The only McDonalds in Europe I ever entered was the one in Nice near the Promenade D'Anglais, which
    I think was bombed by that dude. The Italian chick I was with wanted a burger, I had sworn off
    McDonalds. I don't even remember what was on the menu. I do know that the Big Mac is a big deal
    there, even in France. In England, the only place you can get an all beef burger is McDonalds and
    The Hard Rock Cafe. After I tried a Wimpy burger, I didn't dare try anything else but fish and chips
    and got out of the country as fast as I could on the first train. Even the pizza in England is
    terrible. I don't understand how a cyclist (or any other athlete) can stay healthy in England. The
    best food for bike racers is in Italy, no doubt. How is the food in the Holland and Belgium? Doesn't
    Michele Bartoli or some other Italian pro have a hotel and restaurant near the Ardennes? The
    Italians have a hard time with anyone else's food. I think it is understandable when you grow up
    with food like they have.