Too much pollution is anathema to biking

Corzhens

May 26, 2015
Some of my colleagues bring their bikes to the office so they can indulge in their passion after office hours. There is a small park near our office where they ride in a triangle-like road. However, it is a business district so you can imagine the vehicles in the triangle road - smoking buses, dust and other pollutants. I sometimes tell them that they get energized by riding but their lungs may be suffering from the pollution. But the guys would just laugh off my words.

Air pollution is definitely bad for our health. You definitely want to avoid high traffic areas when cycling. I just found out about brake dust. That stuff can't be good for our lungs, along with all the other pollutants in the air.

I am just thankful that I live in a place where there are plenty of options to escape typical urban riding. We have a lot of bike trails going through green belts even in metropolitan areas where I live. I also make good use of a stationary bike when I need to.

Air pollution is definitely bad for our health. You definitely want to avoid high traffic areas when cycling. I just found out about brake dust. That stuff can't be good for our lungs, along with all the other pollutants in the air.
I completely agree with you. Pollution is really bad and it can also cause many diseases.

I am just thankful that I live in a place where there are plenty of options to escape typical urban riding. We have a lot of bike trails going through green belts even in metropolitan areas where I live. I also make good use of a stationary bike when I need to.
You are so lucky. My condition is exactly opposite to you. I just want to live at a place where I can escape typical urban riding.

I am fortunate enough to live in an area where there is virtually no air pollution. The few factories around here are in light industries, and therefore have little impact on the environment. We used to have a large tire manufacturer back in the late 90's, but they closed down eventually. Can't say the townsfolk missed them much, as the air doesn't smell of burnt rubber in one part of the town.