Too slow in Italy. How slow?

DaveB

Guest
There was an article in The Age today (well snippet is probably a better
description) about 200 riders in the Giro della Provincia di Lucca for
riding too slowly. The main pack was 30 mins behind the leaders and the
police couldn't keep the roads closed any longer. I'm sure their idea of
too slow and mine are probably pretty different. Anyone got an idea of
what a "too slow" pace for pro's is likely to be?

Dave B.

That should say disqualified for riding too slowly.

DaveB <[email protected]> wrote:
> There was an article in The Age today (well snippet is probably a better
> description) about 200 riders in the Giro della Provincia di Lucca for
> riding too slowly. The main pack was 30 mins behind the leaders and the
> police couldn't keep the roads closed any longer. I'm sure their idea of
> too slow and mine are probably pretty different. Anyone got an idea of
> what a "too slow" pace for pro's is likely to be?

> Dave B.

Dunno about their actual speed, but the peleton was over
30mins behind the break.

From cyclingnews.com...

"It was at the entrance to the final circuit that the peloton, languishing
over half an hour behind the leader Bertolini, was stopped in its tracks
by local officials and ejected from the race. An extreme measure, but of
virtually no consequence for the general classification, as the big bunch
sealed its fate when it let the breakaway go clear on the day's first
difficulty."

--
Nick