tool bag that fits in water bottle cage

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by highwheel, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. highwheel

    highwheel New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2003
    Has anyone heard of a tool bag that is made to fit into a waterbottle cage?
    I'd like to get one for my recumbent.

    Any sources appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Highwheel

    Tags:

  2. "highwheel" <[email protected]> wrote in message...
    > Has anyone heard of a tool bag that is made to fit into a waterbottle cage? I'd like to get one
    > for my recumbent.

    Recumbent?

    Can't you just throw the tool box on the back seat along with the empty Burger King wrappers.

  3. On 24 Jun 2003 13:00:55 +0950, highwheel <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Has anyone heard of a tool bag that is made to fit into a waterbottle cage? I'd like to get one for
    >my recumbent.

    My LBS at one point had a plastic tool kit for a waterbottle cage, but it was pretty low quality.
    Contained a small patch set and various wrenches plus screwdriver bits in the "bottlemouth".

    Jasper

  4. In article <[email protected]>, usenet- [email protected] says...
    > Has anyone heard of a tool bag that is made to fit into a waterbottle cage? I'd like to get one
    > for my recumbent.
    >
    > Any sources appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks, Highwheel

    A wide mount bottle like a Specialized Big mouth will do the job pretty cheaply.
    --
    _________________________

  5. On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 04:51:39 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Recumbent?
    >
    >Can't you just throw the tool box on the back seat along with the empty Burger King wrappers.

    Has ickle Fabby been passed by a 'bent at a vulnerable time in his life?

    Don't worry, pootykins, the UCI will keep the big nasty lying down men from competing with you.

    Jasper

  6. Andy P

    Andy P Guest

    "highwheel" <[email protected]> wrote

    > Has anyone heard of a tool bag that is made to fit into a waterbottle cage? I'd like to get one
    > for my recumbent.
    >
    > Any sources appreciated.

    Coincidentally, I posted on uk.rec.cycling yesterday that I'd just bought a small, wide mouthed
    plastic food container for exactly that purpose. 99p in Woolworths if you happen to be in the UK. I
    assume they sell similar things in any country.

  7. Pat

    Pat Guest

    x-no-archive:yes

    "Jasper Janssen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 04:51:39 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Recumbent?
    > >
    > >Can't you just throw the tool box on the back seat along with the empty Burger King wrappers.
    >
    > Has ickle Fabby been passed by a 'bent at a vulnerable time in his life?
    >
    > Don't worry, pootykins, the UCI will keep the big nasty lying down men from competing with you.
    >
    > Jasper

    I am beginning to see why so many people killfile your posts.

    Pat

  8. On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:55:06 -0500, "Pat" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I am beginning to see why so many people killfile your posts.

    You mean, one? At least, so far one person has expressed that desire, to my knowledge. Unless
    you've been in emailed communication with others that haven't let me know, I'd say that doesn't
    qualify as "many".

    By the way, you do realise that "Fabrizio", and I use the quotes advisedly, is much more of a troll
    than I could ever be if I tried?

    Jasper

  9. On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:00:55 +0950, highwheel wrote:

    > Has anyone heard of a tool bag that is made to fit into a waterbottle cage?

    How about just putting the tools in a wide-mouth water bottle?

    --

    David L. Johnson

    __o | Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics, I can _`\(,_ | assure you that mine
    are all greater. -- A. Einstein (_)/ (_) |

  10. Slider2699

    Slider2699 Guest

    "Jasper Janssen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:55:06 -0500, "Pat" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I am beginning to see why so many people killfile your posts.
    >
    > You mean, one? At least, so far one person has expressed that desire, to my knowledge. Unless
    > you've been in emailed communication with others that haven't let me know, I'd say that doesn't
    > qualify as "many".
    >
    > By the way, you do realise that "Fabrizio", and I use the quotes advisedly, is much more of a
    > troll than I could ever be if I tried?

    Fabrizio is not a troll, as much as he is satire. He cracks me up.

  11. Kevan Smith

    Kevan Smith Guest

    On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:40:58 -0400, "David L. Johnson" <[email protected]> from Lehigh
    University wrote:

    >On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:00:55 +0950, highwheel wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone heard of a tool bag that is made to fit into a waterbottle cage?
    >
    >How about just putting the tools in a wide-mouth water bottle?

    Because then it's not in a bag, it's in a bottle. The bag goes to 11.

    --
    http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace I have a TINY BOWL in my HEAD
    5:05:45 PM 24 June 2003

  12. On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 21:15:16 GMT, "Slider2699" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >"Jasper Janssen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...

    >> By the way, you do realise that "Fabrizio", and I use the quotes advisedly, is much more of a
    >> troll than I could ever be if I tried?
    >
    >Fabrizio is not a troll, as much as he is satire. He cracks me up.

    Well, okay. Either way. I was trying to play along.

    Jasper

  13. "David L. Johnson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > How about just putting the tools in a wide-mouth water bottle?

    Some folks even split a bottle logitudianlly, then apply a gagger tape 'hinge' and a velcro latch.
    Overkill, if you ask me.

  14. On 25 Jun 2003 07:07:25 -0700, [email protected] (Brian Huntley) wrote:

    >Some folks even split a bottle logitudianlly, then apply a gagger tape 'hinge' and a velcro latch.
    >Overkill, if you ask me.

    The readymade kit I saw, for far too much money given the dismal quality of both the bottle and the
    tools, worked like that.

    Jasper