Tool cleaning

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Just Zis Guy, Sep 21, 2003.

  1. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    I have been boarding my loft, an enormous space which will now be amazingly useful - a sort of star
    sky hutch. Full of insulation, very much the Rockwool files.

    While doing the work I found that my Magnum screwdrivers needed cleaning. I ran through the Cannon
    of available cleaners and came upon the perfect solution: surgical spirit turned out to do the job
    perfectly.

    Guy
    ===
    ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

    Tags:

  2. Andy P

    Andy P Guest

    "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote

    > I have been boarding my loft, an enormous space which will now be amazingly useful - a sort of
    > star sky hutch. Full of insulation, very much the Rockwool files.
    >
    > While doing the work I found that my Magnum screwdrivers needed cleaning. I ran through the Cannon
    > of available cleaners and came upon the perfect solution: surgical spirit turned out to do the job
    > perfectly.

    That's a coincidence, I've been boarding my loft but I did it on a Shoestring so I expect I'll still
    get a Touch of Frost coming through when it's really cold.

    (Anyone remember Shoestring?)

  3. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    "Andy P" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > That's a coincidence, I've been boarding my loft but I did it on a Shoestring so I expect I'll
    > still get a Touch of Frost coming through when it's really cold.

    You could always napalm it - get the old petrol jelly out. That's always the problem with DIY jobs,
    though - the Bill is always bigger than you thought.

    Yes, I remember Shoestring - he's pretending to be a policeman now, but I clocked him
    straight away :)

    --
    Guy
    ===

    http://www.chapmancentral.com

  4. Andy P

    Andy P Guest

    "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote

    > You could always napalm it - get the old petrol jelly out. That's always the problem with DIY
    > jobs, though - the Bill is always bigger than you thought.

    Yes, I'm no good at DIY, I think I should have got the Professionals in to start with.

  5. Msa

    Msa Guest

    >While doing the work I found that my Magnum screwdrivers needed cleaning. I ran through the Cannon
    >of available cleaners and came upon the perfect solution: surgical spirit turned out to do the job
    >perfectly.

    >Guy

    Jeez, and I put that stuff on my nether regions when I return from along ride!

    --
    Mark (MSA)

    Bike shop assistant... "We couldn't repair your brakes, so we made your horn louder"!