Tools for Bottom bracket FSA ISIS cartridge bearing

My 2 year old fuji has developed a ticking sound which seems to come
from the BB area after a warm period of about a minute or so.
Everything else has been torqued (seat post, stems, etc..) and greased
and still the ticking persists. I would like to remove the BB and
clean, grease, and retorque and see if that does the trick. If not,
then I will be forced to buy a replacement BB. Can anyone tell me what
tools are required to remove and install cranks and BB FSA ISIS
cartridge bearing? Thanks

[email protected] wrote:
> My 2 year old fuji has developed a ticking sound which seems to come
> from the BB area after a warm period of about a minute or so.
> Everything else has been torqued (seat post, stems, etc..) and greased
> and still the ticking persists. I would like to remove the BB and
> clean, grease, and retorque and see if that does the trick. If not,
> then I will be forced to buy a replacement BB.

More than likely it has nothing to do with the bottom bracket.

You mentioned lubricating and tightening the seatpost and stem. How
about the chainring bolts? Saddle? Pedals?

I have seen drop bars that ticked due to movement between the bar and
its center spacer tube. In the late '80s, Cannondales creaked because
of an internal reinforcement at the bottom of the seat tube. Running a
trickle of Loctite down the inside of the seat tube fixed the problem.

My point is that BBs don't often make noise when properly installed,
and you don't seem to have exhausted the list of likely suspects.

Chalo Colina

Chalo <[email protected]> wrote:

> More than likely it has nothing to do with the bottom bracket.
>
> You mentioned lubricating and tightening the seatpost and stem. How
> about the chainring bolts? Saddle? Pedals?

Cassette lockring...

> My 2 year old fuji has developed a ticking sound which seems to come
> from the BB area after a warm period of about a minute or so.
> Everything else has been torqued (seat post, stems, etc..) and greased
> and still the ticking persists. I would like to remove the BB and
> clean, grease, and retorque and see if that does the trick. If not,
> then I will be forced to buy a replacement BB. Can anyone tell me what
> tools are required to remove and install cranks and BB FSA ISIS
> cartridge bearing? Thanks

FSA BB cup tool. Thin walled, with the appropriate spines. We have
them.

Might also check pedals, cogset, chainring bolts, seatpost/saddle,
stem/habrs. Could be from anywhere. Check one per time to eliminate
what it isn't.
Finding 'noises' is one of the most common things we do.

My 2 year old fuji has developed a ticking sound which seems to come
from the BB area after a warm period of about a minute or so.
Everything else has been torqued (seat post, stems, etc..) and greased
and still the ticking persists. I would like to remove the BB and
clean, grease, and retorque and see if that does the trick. If not,
then I will be forced to buy a replacement BB. Can anyone tell me what
tools are required to remove and install cranks and BB FSA ISIS
cartridge bearing? Thanks

been there. changed my fsa isis bottom bracket- ticking still there. then i changed my rear wheel and it vanished. weird. tighten your skewers! lube the spoke crossovers on the rear wheel. mine happened when i was standing, pedaling uphill mostly-putting a lot of torque into it.