Tools requirements

luism

Sep 9, 2012
ok I need a idea whats a good but not very expensive tire inflator for a mtb? 27.5 wheelset. I also thinking I get that giant rear seat bag for emergency? what else is good to have in emergency tire repairs?

CO2 cartridges and inflator (the more simple they are, the better they work), a small multi-tool with various hex heads on it, and if you're getting a giant seat bag anyway, carrying a patch kit in addition to a spare tube is a good idea. You can re-flat after a tube change, so it's good to have a backup for your backup.

Originally Posted by AyeYo
CO2 cartridges and inflator (the more simple they are, the better they work), a small multi-tool with various hex heads on it, and if you're getting a giant seat bag anyway, carrying a patch kit in addition to a spare tube is a good idea. You can re-flat after a tube change, so it's good to have a backup for your backup.
just found out that the bike don't come with peddles :(. talked to a friend said stick with shimano peddle due to they being for standard. question is go regular peddles or clipless. I think I aint going to need clipless right away. this is to fit on that xtc giant. finally bought it ayeyo :)

Just grab the cheapest set of regular pedals you can find to get you rolling. When you feel like you need clipless, get clipless then.

And don't forget a good lock! You're using this for some commuting, right? Get a good U lock if you're in an urban area or you can probably get away with a chain lock (get one with a key) if you're in a low-crime area.