Tooth Count on Shimano Cassette

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Mike, Apr 21, 2003.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    I would like to know the tooth count on each ring on a 9 speed 12-27 Shimano Ultegra cassette. Is
    there a place on the web to find it? Thanks Mike

    Tags:

  2. Michael Ring

    Michael Ring Guest

    You know that the teeth count on the cassette is at least 12 and 27. Why not count the rest of the
    teeth on the cassette?

    Mike wrote:

    > I would like to know the tooth count on each ring on a 9 speed 12-27 Shimano Ultegra cassette. Is
    > there a place on the web to find it? Thanks Mike

  3. Terry Morse

    Terry Morse Guest

  4. Grenouil

    Grenouil Guest

  5. Phil Holman

    Phil Holman Guest

    "Michael Ring" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > You know that the teeth count on the cassette is at least 12 and 27.
    Why not
    > count the rest of the teeth on the cassette?

    Methinks Mike wants to know before he purchases the casette. It's probably
    12,13,14,15,17,19,21,23,27

    Phil Holman

  6. "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Is there a place on the web to find it?

    www.google.com -- search for "shimano" then take it from there.

    JT

    NB: reply-to address is munged

    Visit http://www.jt10000.com

  7. Mike Krueger

    Mike Krueger Guest

  8. Dave Lehnen

    Dave Lehnen Guest

    Phil Holman wrote:

    > Methinks Mike wants to know before he purchases the casette. It's probably
    > 12,13,14,15,17,19,21,23,27
    >
    > Phil Holman

    Almost. 2nd largest is 24, not 23.

    Dave Lehnen

  9. Mike

    Mike Guest

    "> "Michael Ring" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > You know that the teeth count on the cassette is at least 12 and 27.
    > Why not
    > > count the rest of the teeth on the cassette?
    >
    > Methinks Mike wants to know before he purchases the casette. It's probably
    > 12,13,14,15,17,19,21,23,27
    >
    > Phil Holman

    Methinks your right in your assumption Phil, Thanks!

  10. Mike wrote:
    > "> "Michael Ring" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    >>news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >>>You know that the teeth count on the cassette is at least 12 and 27.
    >>
    >>Why not
    >>
    >>>count the rest of the teeth on the cassette?
    >>
    >>Methinks Mike wants to know before he purchases the casette. It's probably
    >>12,13,14,15,17,19,21,23,27
    >>
    >>Phil Holman
    >>

    > Methinks your right in your assumption Phil, Thanks!

    All of Shimano's permutations are listed at:

    http://sheldonbrown.com/k7.html

    Sheldon "Numbers" Brown +------------------------------------------------------+
    | If I have been able to see farther than others, | it was because I stood on the shoulders of
    | giants. | -- Sir Isaac Newton |
    +------------------------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts

  11. Lee Bower

    Lee Bower Guest

    Thank you, Sheldon.

    Lee

    "Sheldon Brown" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Mike wrote:
    > > "> "Michael Ring" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>news:[email protected]...

    > >>Why not

    > >>Methinks Mike wants to know before he purchases the casette. It's probably
    > >>12,13,14,15,17,19,21,23,27
    > >>
    > >>Phil Holman
    > >>

    > > Methinks your right in your assumption Phil, Thanks!
    >
    > All of Shimano's permutations are listed at:
    >
    > http://sheldonbrown.com/k7.html
    >
    > Sheldon "Numbers" Brown +------------------------------------------------------+
    > | If I have been able to see farther than others, | it was because I stood on the shoulders of
    > | giants. | -- Sir Isaac Newton |
    > Massachusetts Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041 http://harriscyclery.com Hard-to-find parts
    > shipped Worldwide http://captainbike.com http://sheldonbrown.com

  12. Jim Quinn

    Jim Quinn Guest

    Very close but the eigth cog is a 24 rather than a 23.

    By the way it takes about 1 second to look this up on the internet.

    news:[email protected]...