Tooth Count on Shimano Cassette

Mike

Guest
I would like to know the tooth count on each ring on a 9 speed 12-27 Shimano Ultegra cassette. Is
there a place on the web to find it? Thanks Mike

You know that the teeth count on the cassette is at least 12 and 27. Why not count the rest of the
teeth on the cassette?

"Michael Ring" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> You know that the teeth count on the cassette is at least 12 and 27.
Why not
> count the rest of the teeth on the cassette?

Methinks Mike wants to know before he purchases the casette. It's probably
12,13,14,15,17,19,21,23,27

Phil Holman

Phil Holman wrote:

> Methinks Mike wants to know before he purchases the casette. It's probably
> 12,13,14,15,17,19,21,23,27
>
> Phil Holman

Almost. 2nd largest is 24, not 23.

Dave Lehnen

"> "Michael Ring" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > You know that the teeth count on the cassette is at least 12 and 27.
> Why not
> > count the rest of the teeth on the cassette?
>
> Methinks Mike wants to know before he purchases the casette. It's probably
> 12,13,14,15,17,19,21,23,27
>
> Phil Holman

Methinks your right in your assumption Phil, Thanks!

Mike wrote:
> "> "Michael Ring" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
>>news:[email protected]...
>>
>>>You know that the teeth count on the cassette is at least 12 and 27.
>>
>>Why not
>>
>>>count the rest of the teeth on the cassette?
>>
>>Methinks Mike wants to know before he purchases the casette. It's probably
>>12,13,14,15,17,19,21,23,27
>>
>>Phil Holman
>>

> Methinks your right in your assumption Phil, Thanks!

All of Shimano's permutations are listed at:

http://sheldonbrown.com/k7.html

Sheldon "Numbers" Brown +------------------------------------------------------+
| If I have been able to see farther than others, | it was because I stood on the shoulders of
| giants. | -- Sir Isaac Newton |
+------------------------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts

Thank you, Sheldon.

Lee

"Sheldon Brown" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Mike wrote:
> > "> "Michael Ring" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >
> >>news:[email protected]...

> >>Why not

> >>Methinks Mike wants to know before he purchases the casette. It's probably
> >>12,13,14,15,17,19,21,23,27
> >>
> >>Phil Holman
> >>

> > Methinks your right in your assumption Phil, Thanks!
>
> All of Shimano's permutations are listed at:
>
> http://sheldonbrown.com/k7.html

> | If I have been able to see farther than others, | it was because I stood on the shoulders of
> | giants. | -- Sir Isaac Newton |
> Massachusetts Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041 http://harriscyclery.com Hard-to-find parts
> shipped Worldwide http://captainbike.com http://sheldonbrown.com

Very close but the eigth cog is a 24 rather than a 23.

By the way it takes about 1 second to look this up on the internet.

news:[email protected]...