Toowoomba to Brisbane

Adrian Cook

Guest
Hi All,

I have the opportunity to ride from Toowoomba to Brisbane (Sandgate) this
Sunday. But I've never even driven this route let alone ridden it. I'm
looking to find a good road bike route if one exists. Anyone who knows the
route got any advice?

Cheers

Adrian

"Adrian Cook" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi All,
>
> I have the opportunity to ride from Toowoomba to Brisbane (Sandgate) this
> Sunday. But I've never even driven this route let alone ridden it. I'm
> looking to find a good road bike route if one exists. Anyone who knows the
> route got any advice?
>
> Cheers
>
> Adrian

I've never done it on a bike but have done it many times in a car and
on motorbike. I'd recommend staying off the highway as much as
possible. If you're a really hard core rider and didn't want to use
the highway at all you could head north from Toowoomba to Hampton,
Ravensbourne, down the range to Esk over Mt Glorious then through
Samford etc. that would be a long day with some very steep climbing
(triple chainring unless you're really strong) and watch out for
motorbike riders who have forgotten it is not a racetrack. Otherwise
you could go down the range on the highway to Brisbane then go on the
back road through Gatton, Forest Hill, Laidley, Granchester, Rosewood,
Ipswich cross the Brisbane river via either Colleges Crossing (more
hills) or the Moggill ferry (free for bikes) then in to Brisbane,
still a very long ride but no huge mountains. I'm sure there would be
other ways too. Maybe someone else has some suggestions.

All the best, let us know how it goes.

Bruce Dickson.

"Bruce Dickson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Adrian Cook" <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...

<snip>

> All the best, let us know how it goes.
>
> Bruce Dickson.

Thanks for the info Bruce,

I've decided I'm going to drive it this time to check it out. Then next time
I'll be a bit better prepared. I've never really enjoyed riding long
distance on unfamiliar routes.

Cheers

Adrian