Top-10 @ Paris-Roubaix

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Kenny, Apr 11, 2003.

  1. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    This is a list of the riders who ended in the top-10 of the Paris-Roubaix the most since the start
    of the worldcup in 1989 till now.

    9 times: J. Museeuw (Bel)
    8 : /
    9 : F. Ballerini (Ita)
    10 : A. Tchmil (Bel)
    11 : G. Duclos-Lasalle (Fra)
    12 : A. Tafi (Ita), W. Peeters (Bel), O. Ludwig (Ger), G. Hincapie (USA)
    13 : E. Van Hooydonck (Bel), S. Wesemann (Ger), J. Capiot (Bel),
    G. Bortolami (Ita), F. Moncassin (Fra), R. Sörensen (Den), N. Verhoeven (Hol)

    2 : J. M. Wampers (Bel), S. Bauer (Can), E. Planckaert (Bel), M. Madiot (Fra), J. Planckaert
    (Bel), J-C. Colotti (Fra), F. Baldato (Ita), T. Hoffman (Hol), S. Zanini (Ita), L. Van Bon
    (Hol), V. Ekimov (Rus), S. Yates (GBR), A. Van Der Poel (Hol), M. Wauters (Bel), L.
    Michaelsen (Den), M. Sergeant (Bel), R. Aldag (Ger), H. Redant (Bel),
    H. Vogels (Aus)

    Tags:

  2. "Kenny" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > This is a list of the riders who ended in the top-10 of the Paris-Roubaix the most since the start
    > of the worldcup in 1989 till now.
    >
    > 9 times: J. Museeuw (Bel)

    Dude, it's a given that Museeuw is the greatest Classics rider since 1989. We know that. We don't
    need repeated posts pimping his accomplishments.

    If you want to enlighten us, do a stat for the entire history of these races. Parix-Roubaix happened
    80-some odd times before 1989. Those races count too.

  3. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    > Dude, it's a given that Museeuw is the greatest Classics rider since 1989. We know that. We don't
    > need repeated posts pimping his accomplishments.
    >
    > If you want to enlighten us, do a stat for the entire history of these races. Parix-Roubaix
    > happened 80-some odd times before 1989. Those races count too.

    Dude, what the hell is wrong with you? Are you frustrated there aren't hardly US riders in these
    lists or what?

    I'm just giving an objective view about these worldcupraces. What's wrong with an objective listing
    of the best riders in each worldcup race. I can't help Museeuw leads in most of those listings. I'm
    not trying to prove anything about him. He doesn't even need such lists to show he's one of the best
    classics riders ever. I'm just trying to be informative. Those lists say as much about the leader as
    about the other riders in the list.

    I started to count in 1989 because that's the start of the worldcup. I don't want to make a
    historical overview about those races, i'm just talking about the worldcup. If you pay me i'm
    willing to count the races before 1989 too.

  4. "Kenny" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > Dude, it's a given that Museeuw is the greatest Classics rider since
    1989.
    > > We know that. We don't need repeated posts pimping his accomplishments.
    > >
    > > If you want to enlighten us, do a stat for the entire history of these races. Parix-Roubaix
    > > happened 80-some odd times before 1989. Those races count too.
    >
    > Dude, what the hell is wrong with you? Are you frustrated there aren't hardly US riders in these
    > lists or what?
    >
    > I'm just giving an objective view about these worldcupraces. What's wrong with an objective
    > listing of the best riders in each worldcup race. I can't help Museeuw leads in most of those
    > listings. I'm not trying to prove anything about him. He doesn't even need such lists to show he's
    > one of the best classics riders ever. I'm just trying to be informative. Those lists say as much
    > about the leader as about the other riders in the list.
    >
    > I started to count in 1989 because that's the start of the worldcup. I don't want to make a
    > historical overview about those races, i'm just talking about the worldcup. If you pay me i'm
    > willing to count the races before 1989 too.

    Go ahead and post it then Kenny, but just analyzing from 1989 on is not that meaningful. There are
    guys like Sean Kelly who will show up in your list, but the bulk of his careeer was pre-1989,
    therefore it gives a skewed impression of how good he really was.

    Check out:

    http://www.cyclinghalloffame.com/

    where they do analysis of the entire history of cycling.

  5. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
    > "Kenny" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >>> Dude, it's a given that Museeuw is the greatest Classics rider since 1989. We know that. We
    >>> don't need repeated posts pimping his accomplishments.
    >>>
    >>> If you want to enlighten us, do a stat for the entire history of these races. Parix-Roubaix
    >>> happened 80-some odd times before 1989. Those races count too.
    >>
    >> Dude, what the hell is wrong with you? Are you frustrated there aren't hardly US riders in these
    >> lists or what?
    >>
    >> I'm just giving an objective view about these worldcupraces. What's wrong with an objective
    >> listing of the best riders in each worldcup race. I can't help Museeuw leads in most of those
    >> listings. I'm not trying to prove anything about him. He doesn't even need such lists to show
    >> he's one of the best classics riders ever. I'm just trying to be informative. Those lists say as
    >> much about the leader as about the other riders in the list.
    >>
    >> I started to count in 1989 because that's the start of the worldcup. I don't want to make a
    >> historical overview about those races, i'm just talking about the worldcup. If you pay me i'm
    >> willing to count the races before 1989 too.
    >
    > Go ahead and post it then Kenny, but just analyzing from 1989 on is not that meaningful. There are
    > guys like Sean Kelly who will show up in your list, but the bulk of his careeer was pre-1989,
    > therefore it gives a skewed impression of how good he really was.

    It's meaningful in that Kenny is presenting how well riders have performed since the start of the
    World Cup. Since each race contributes to a points total, they may be raced differently now than
    they were when they weren't part of a series. If you don't like how he's doing it, present it
    yourself in the way that you think is more meaningful. I know you have the time.

    news:YF%[email protected]...