Top-10 @ Paris-Roubaix

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kenny

This is a list of the riders who ended in the top-10 of the Paris-Roubaix the most since the start
of the worldcup in 1989 till now.

9 times: J. Museeuw (Bel)
8 : /
9 : F. Ballerini (Ita)
10 : A. Tchmil (Bel)
11 : G. Duclos-Lasalle (Fra)
12 : A. Tafi (Ita), W. Peeters (Bel), O. Ludwig (Ger), G. Hincapie (USA)
13 : E. Van Hooydonck (Bel), S. Wesemann (Ger), J. Capiot (Bel),
G. Bortolami (Ita), F. Moncassin (Fra), R. Sörensen (Den), N. Verhoeven (Hol)

2 : J. M. Wampers (Bel), S. Bauer (Can), E. Planckaert (Bel), M. Madiot (Fra), J. Planckaert
(Bel), J-C. Colotti (Fra), F. Baldato (Ita), T. Hoffman (Hol), S. Zanini (Ita), L. Van Bon
(Hol), V. Ekimov (Rus), S. Yates (GBR), A. Van Der Poel (Hol), M. Wauters (Bel), L.
Michaelsen (Den), M. Sergeant (Bel), R. Aldag (Ger), H. Redant (Bel),
H. Vogels (Aus)

"Kenny" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> This is a list of the riders who ended in the top-10 of the Paris-Roubaix the most since the start
> of the worldcup in 1989 till now.
>
> 9 times: J. Museeuw (Bel)

Dude, it's a given that Museeuw is the greatest Classics rider since 1989. We know that. We don't
need repeated posts pimping his accomplishments.

If you want to enlighten us, do a stat for the entire history of these races. Parix-Roubaix happened
80-some odd times before 1989. Those races count too.

> Dude, it's a given that Museeuw is the greatest Classics rider since 1989. We know that. We don't
> need repeated posts pimping his accomplishments.
>
> If you want to enlighten us, do a stat for the entire history of these races. Parix-Roubaix
> happened 80-some odd times before 1989. Those races count too.

Dude, what the hell is wrong with you? Are you frustrated there aren't hardly US riders in these
lists or what?

I'm just giving an objective view about these worldcupraces. What's wrong with an objective listing
of the best riders in each worldcup race. I can't help Museeuw leads in most of those listings. I'm
not trying to prove anything about him. He doesn't even need such lists to show he's one of the best
classics riders ever. I'm just trying to be informative. Those lists say as much about the leader as
about the other riders in the list.

I started to count in 1989 because that's the start of the worldcup. I don't want to make a
historical overview about those races, i'm just talking about the worldcup. If you pay me i'm
willing to count the races before 1989 too.

"Kenny" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > Dude, it's a given that Museeuw is the greatest Classics rider since
> > We know that. We don't need repeated posts pimping his accomplishments.
> >
> > If you want to enlighten us, do a stat for the entire history of these races. Parix-Roubaix
> > happened 80-some odd times before 1989. Those races count too.
>
> Dude, what the hell is wrong with you? Are you frustrated there aren't hardly US riders in these
> lists or what?
>
> I'm just giving an objective view about these worldcupraces. What's wrong with an objective
> listing of the best riders in each worldcup race. I can't help Museeuw leads in most of those
> listings. I'm not trying to prove anything about him. He doesn't even need such lists to show he's
> one of the best classics riders ever. I'm just trying to be informative. Those lists say as much
> about the leader as about the other riders in the list.
>
> I started to count in 1989 because that's the start of the worldcup. I don't want to make a
> historical overview about those races, i'm just talking about the worldcup. If you pay me i'm
> willing to count the races before 1989 too.

Go ahead and post it then Kenny, but just analyzing from 1989 on is not that meaningful. There are
guys like Sean Kelly who will show up in your list, but the bulk of his careeer was pre-1989,
therefore it gives a skewed impression of how good he really was.

Check out:

http://www.cyclinghalloffame.com/

where they do analysis of the entire history of cycling.

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> "Kenny" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>> Dude, it's a given that Museeuw is the greatest Classics rider since 1989. We know that. We
>>> don't need repeated posts pimping his accomplishments.
>>>
>>> If you want to enlighten us, do a stat for the entire history of these races. Parix-Roubaix
>>> happened 80-some odd times before 1989. Those races count too.
>>
>> Dude, what the hell is wrong with you? Are you frustrated there aren't hardly US riders in these
>> lists or what?
>>
>> I'm just giving an objective view about these worldcupraces. What's wrong with an objective
>> listing of the best riders in each worldcup race. I can't help Museeuw leads in most of those
>> listings. I'm not trying to prove anything about him. He doesn't even need such lists to show
>> he's one of the best classics riders ever. I'm just trying to be informative. Those lists say as
>> much about the leader as about the other riders in the list.
>>
>> I started to count in 1989 because that's the start of the worldcup. I don't want to make a
>> historical overview about those races, i'm just talking about the worldcup. If you pay me i'm
>> willing to count the races before 1989 too.
>
> Go ahead and post it then Kenny, but just analyzing from 1989 on is not that meaningful. There are
> guys like Sean Kelly who will show up in your list, but the bulk of his careeer was pre-1989,
> therefore it gives a skewed impression of how good he really was.
>
It's meaningful in that Kenny is presenting how well riders have performed since the start of the
World Cup. Since each race contributes to a points total, they may be raced differently now than
they were when they weren't part of a series. If you don't like how he's doing it, present it
yourself in the way that you think is more meaningful. I know you have the time.

"Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:YF%[email protected]...
> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> > "Kenny" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >>> Dude, it's a given that Museeuw is the greatest Classics rider since 1989. We know that. We
> >>> don't need repeated posts pimping his accomplishments.
> >>>
> >>> If you want to enlighten us, do a stat for the entire history of these races. Parix-Roubaix
> >>> happened 80-some odd times before 1989. Those races count too.
> >>
> >> Dude, what the hell is wrong with you? Are you frustrated there aren't hardly US riders in
> >> these lists or what?
> >>
> >> I'm just giving an objective view about these worldcupraces. What's wrong with an objective
> >> listing of the best riders in each worldcup race. I can't help Museeuw leads in most of those
> >> listings. I'm not trying to prove anything about him. He doesn't even need such lists to show
> >> he's one of the best classics riders ever. I'm just trying to be informative. Those lists say
> >> as much about the leader as about the other riders in the list.
> >>
> >> I started to count in 1989 because that's the start of the worldcup. I don't want to make a
> >> historical overview about those races, i'm just talking about the worldcup. If you pay me i'm
> >> willing to count the races before 1989 too.
> >
> > Go ahead and post it then Kenny, but just analyzing from 1989 on is not that meaningful. There
> > are guys like Sean Kelly who will show up in your list, but the bulk of his careeer was
> > pre-1989, therefore it gives a skewed impression of how good he really was.
> >
> It's meaningful in that Kenny is presenting how well riders have performed since the start of the
> World Cup. Since each race contributes to a points total, they may be raced differently now than
> they were when they weren't part of a series. If you don't like how he's doing it, present it
> yourself in the way that you think is more meaningful. I know you have the time.

http://www.cyclinghalloffame.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.