Top 10 Reasons to be on Cycling Singles (dot com)

Veloise

Guest
10. No need to read threads such as "How to break the news of expensive
bike purchases to your spouse."

9. Week-long vacation in the Iowa hinterlands, in July.

Your turn!

--Karen M.

Veloise wrote:
> 10. No need to read threads such as "How to break the news of

expensive
> bike purchases to your spouse."
>
> 9. Week-long vacation in the Iowa hinterlands, in July.
>
> Your turn!
>
> --Karen M.

8. Married people can read it and wish they were single.

Maggie

22 Feb 2005 07:37:15 -0800,
<[email protected]>,
"Veloise" <[email protected]> wrote:

>10. No need to read threads such as "How to break the news of expensive
>bike purchases to your spouse."
>
>9. Week-long vacation in the Iowa hinterlands, in July.
>
>Your turn!

You're never stuck for a stoker because you don't have a tandem.

A post-ride massage won't land you in court.
--
zk

7.75. No need to explain away cycling-related, but suspiciously
located, rashes
7.5. Two words: Span Dex!

Would rather get married again than take a loss selling the
Double Vision tandem.

Tue, 22 Feb 2005 22:35:34 -0600,
<1109133650.ee13acb11e715d778dd2e15b6299e865@teranews>,
"Mike Kruger" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Would rather get married again than take a loss selling the
>Double Vision tandem.

You're assuming one viciously bitter ex didn't take a hacksaw to it in
the settlement dividing jointly owned chattels.
--
zk

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:15:36 -0800, Zoot Katz <[email protected]>
wrote:

>22 Feb 2005 07:37:15 -0800,
><[email protected]>,
>"Veloise" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>10. No need to read threads such as "How to break the news of expensive
>>bike purchases to your spouse."
>>
>>9. Week-long vacation in the Iowa hinterlands, in July.
>>
>>Your turn!
>>

>You're never stuck for a stoker because you don't have a tandem.
>
>A post-ride massage won't land you in court.

One of the few singles boards where men actually outnumber women by
about 4-1.

Lower risk ofmeetng pasty, goob-game playing couch potatoes.

(OTOH, you can find high maintenance hammerheads whose entire lives
revolve around their fat grams, carb intake and mileage).

[email protected] wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:15:36 -0800, Zoot Katz

<[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >22 Feb 2005 07:37:15 -0800,
> ><[email protected]>,
> >"Veloise" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>10. No need to read threads such as "How to break the news of

expensive
> >>bike purchases to your spouse."
> >>
> >>9. Week-long vacation in the Iowa hinterlands, in July.
> >>
> >>Your turn!
> >>

> >You're never stuck for a stoker because you don't have a tandem.
> >
> >A post-ride massage won't land you in court.

> One of the few singles boards where men actually outnumber women by
> about 4-1.
>
> Lower risk ofmeetng pasty, goob-game playing couch potatoes.
>
> (OTOH, you can find high maintenance hammerheads whose entire lives
> revolve around their fat grams, carb intake and mileage).

Ok Whats a goob-game?
Maggie

[email protected] wrote:

> One of the few singles boards where men actually outnumber women by
> about 4-1.

I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of singles "things" are like that.
That's why many of them offer free ads/memberships/admissions to women,
while charging the horndogs. (At least that's how it used to be.)

If an attractive female posts an ad in "Athletic Singles" or "Love Soup" or
whatever, she'll be /inundated/ with responses in minutes. Doesn't work the
other way around (not that I know...OR QUALIFY!).

Retired from dating (but always subject to a come-back), Bill S.

S o r n i wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>
> > One of the few singles boards where men actually outnumber women by
> > about 4-1.

> I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of singles "things" are like

that.
> That's why many of them offer free ads/memberships/admissions to

women,
> while charging the horndogs. (At least that's how it used to be.)
>
> If an attractive female posts an ad in "Athletic Singles" or "Love

Soup" or
> whatever, she'll be /inundated/ with responses in minutes. Doesn't

work the
> other way around (not that I know...OR QUALIFY!).
>
> Retired from dating (but always subject to a come-back), Bill S.

You mean you can't date while you are married. OOPS!!!!!
All good things,
Maggie

Maggie wrote:
> S o r n i wrote:

>> Retired from dating (but always subject to a come-back), Bill S.

> You mean you can't date while you are married. OOPS!!!!!

I'm NOT married. You're listening to that idiot Zoot Katz too much.
(Actually, any at all is way too much.)

I'm not a golfer or a Game-boy-er (?), either.

They're lies, I tells ya, all lies.

Single since...hell, the late '80s, BS (no, really)

On 23 Feb 2005 09:51:47 -0800, "Maggie" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:15:36 -0800, Zoot Katz

><[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >22 Feb 2005 07:37:15 -0800,
>> ><[email protected]>,

>expensive

>> >You're never stuck for a stoker because you don't have a tandem.
>> >
>> >A post-ride massage won't land you in court.

>> One of the few singles boards where men actually outnumber women by
>> about 4-1.
>>
>> Lower risk ofmeetng pasty, goob-game playing couch potatoes.
>>
>> (OTOH, you can find high maintenance hammerheads whose entire lives
>> revolve around their fat grams, carb intake and mileage).

>Ok Whats a goob-game?
>Maggie

Video games, Role playing games, medieval games- usually popular among
chip-munching, basement dwelling goobers.

Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:03:05 -0500,
<[email protected]>, [email protected]
wrote:

>On 23 Feb 2005 09:51:47 -0800, "Maggie" <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>

>>[email protected] wrote:
>>> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:15:36 -0800, Zoot Katz

>><[email protected]>

>>expensive

>>> One of the few singles boards where men actually outnumber women by
>>> about 4-1.
>>>
>>> Lower risk of meetng pasty, goob-game playing couch potatoes.
>>>
>>> (OTOH, you can find high maintenance hammerheads whose entire lives
>>> revolve around their fat grams, carb intake and mileage).

>>Ok Whats a goob-game?
>>Maggie

>Video games, Role playing games, medieval games- usually popular among
>chip-munching, basement dwelling goobers.

There's an extra vile class of sub-goobers who play driving and
shoot-em-up boom-boom stupidity games.
--
zk

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 00:18:41 -0800, Zoot Katz <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:03:05 -0500,
><[email protected]>, [email protected]
>wrote:
>
>>On 23 Feb 2005 09:51:47 -0800, "Maggie" <[email protected]>
>>wrote:

>>><[email protected]>

>>>expensive

>>>Ok Whats a goob-game?
>>>Maggie

>>Video games, Role playing games, medieval games- usually popular among
>>chip-munching, basement dwelling goobers.

>There's an extra vile class of sub-goobers who play driving and
>shoot-em-up boom-boom stupidity games.

Those are uber-goobers.

On 24 Feb 2005 02:49:20 -0800, "Maggie" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>lives
>> >
>> >Ok Whats a goob-game?
>> >Maggie

>> Video games, Role playing games, medieval games- usually popular

>among
>> chip-munching, basement dwelling goobers.

>Oh, you mean those people with no lives who get all worked up over
>their x-box and spend hours living through the adventures of animated
>warriors and adventurers. I know a few of them.
>
>If this behavior goes past the age of 29....then it's a really BIG
>problem.
>
>There is something sad about a guy in his thirties still playing video
>games and living with his Mommy and Daddy. They usually end up shooting
>people in malls.
>
>My one son plays them, the other sons Never plays them, he is too busy
>in reality snowboarding, riding, and skydiving. I am giving the x-box
>son one more year and then I am going to throw the x-box out the his
>window. He is alot better now, I see him playing less and less.
>
>At least he went out on his own, has his own apartment, and goes to
>work every day. He doesn't live with me and play those games.
>
>Hopefully he won't end up some 40 year old man still living in a role
>playing game. I'd kick his ass. So if your past 30 and find yourself
>obsessed with "X-box". GET A LIFE!!!! Or get therapy. YOU HAVE A
>PROBLEM!
>All Good things,
>Maggie

29 hell, if you're over 12 and still playing ROle playing games,
drooling over Lara croft and virtual babes, then it's pathetic. Like
that online suicide ring. The guy was depressed because he didn't have
a girflriend. Gee, well maybe if he bathed, got out of his basement,
and had a conversation with a woman outside of a chatroom he could
possibly have a relationship?

IT's like women over the age of say, 16, who have bedrooms stuffed
with dolls and stuffed animals. And sleep with them! I confess, I have
one cute stuffed animal, a lamb. It was a gift. BUt I don't sleep with
it! I'm hoping to do better, frankly.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] writes:

>>There's an extra vile class of sub-goobers who play driving and
>>shoot-em-up boom-boom stupidity games.

> Those are uber-goobers.

Isn't that a tune Roy Orbison did?

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

> >lives

> >> Video games, Role playing games, medieval games- usually popular

> >among
> >> chip-munching, basement dwelling goobers.

> >Oh, you mean those people with no lives who get all worked up over
> >their x-box and spend hours living through the adventures of

animated
> >warriors and adventurers. I know a few of them.
> >
> >If this behavior goes past the age of 29....then it's a really BIG
> >problem.
> >
> >There is something sad about a guy in his thirties still playing

video
> >games and living with his Mommy and Daddy. They usually end up

shooting
> >people in malls.
> >
> >My one son plays them, the other sons Never plays them, he is too

busy
> >in reality snowboarding, riding, and skydiving. I am giving the

x-box
> >son one more year and then I am going to throw the x-box out the his
> >window. He is alot better now, I see him playing less and less.
> >
> >At least he went out on his own, has his own apartment, and goes to
> >work every day. He doesn't live with me and play those games.
> >
> >Hopefully he won't end up some 40 year old man still living in a

role
> >playing game. I'd kick his ass. So if your past 30 and find

yourself
> >obsessed with "X-box". GET A LIFE!!!! Or get therapy. YOU HAVE A
> >PROBLEM!
> >All Good things,
> >Maggie

> 29 hell, if you're over 12 and still playing ROle playing games,
> drooling over Lara croft and virtual babes, then it's pathetic. Like
> that online suicide ring. The guy was depressed because he didn't

have
> a girflriend. Gee, well maybe if he bathed, got out of his basement,
> and had a conversation with a woman outside of a chatroom he could
> possibly have a relationship?
>
> IT's like women over the age of say, 16, who have bedrooms stuffed
> with dolls and stuffed animals. And sleep with them! I confess, I

have
> one cute stuffed animal, a lamb. It was a gift. BUt I don't sleep

with
> it! I'm hoping to do better, frankly.

Well I thought I would give a guy until 29 to give up video games
because men have a hard time giving up "toys". If you are still
consumed by video games and role playing games in your late twenties, I
guess you are pretty pitiful. A game now and then is ok, but being
able to discuss every game on the market or spending time role playing
is a little weird... ......well.....as I rethink this, I guess your
right. There is something strange about a grown man spending alot of
time outside the realm of reality. Maybe the real world is just too
difficult for them. Who knows?
All Good Things,
Maggie