Top 20 posters of rec.food.cooking

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Becca, Dec 19, 2003.

1. Djs0302

Djs0302 Guest

So, what's your point?

2. Steve Wertz

Steve Wertz Guest

Quantity != Quality.

-sw

3. Steve Wertz

Steve Wertz Guest

4. Jmcquown

Jmcquown Guest

Becca wrote:
    > http://netscan.research.microsoft.com/Static/Default.asp?
    >
    > 1 [email protected] 2 [email protected] 3 [email protected] 4 [email protected]
    > 5 [email protected] 6 [email protected] 7 [email protected] 8 [email protected] 9
    > [email protected] 10 Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> 11 [email protected] 12
    > [email protected] 13 [email protected] 14 [email protected] 15 [email protected]
    > duesseldorf.de 16 [email protected] 17 [email protected] 18 [email protected] 19 [email protected] 20
    > [email protected]
    >
    > Becca

Not that these stats really mean anything because the numbers are skewed depending on what else the
    person has going on. You'll see my number go up significantly after Christmas because I'm off work
    the rest of the year and so far plans to go out of town are up in the air.

Jill

5. Kilikini

Kilikini Guest

I've been lurking in this ng for a good 4 months or so and finally feel like I want to be a part of
    the group. Do you have room for one more person who isn't rude, but is just looking for good
    cooking tips?

Kilikini

"Becca" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > http://netscan.research.microsoft.com/Static/Default.asp?
    >
    > 1 [email protected] 2 [email protected] 3 [email protected] 4 [email protected]
    > 5 [email protected] 6 [email protected] 7 [email protected] 8 [email protected] 9
    > [email protected] 10 Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> 11 [email protected] 12
    > [email protected] 13 [email protected] 14 [email protected] 15 [email protected]
    > duesseldorf.de 16 [email protected] 17 [email protected] 18 [email protected] 19 [email protected] 20
    > [email protected]
    >
    > Becca

6. Steve Wertz

Steve Wertz Guest

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 17:51:46 -0600, "jmcquown"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

>Not that these stats really mean anything because the numbers are skewed depending on what else the
    >person has going on. You'll see my number go up significantly after Christmas because I'm off work
    >the rest of the year and so far plans to go out of town are up in the air.

Lovely. Can't wait.

-sw (I haven't picked on her for a while, even in that other group)

7. Levelwave©

Levelwave© Guest

kilikini wrote:

> I've been lurking in this ng for a good 4 months or so and finally feel like I want to be a part
    > of the group. Do you have room for one more person who isn't rude, but is just looking for good
    > cooking tips?

No. Go away.

~john!

ps - Welcome to RFC :)

--
    What was it like to see - the face of your own stability - suddenly look away...

8. "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]... <snip ranking>
    > I don't get it. At any rate, the only surprise to me was that Harry D made the list.
    >
    > nancy

I was playing with the site and the ranking posted is for a one-year period ending October 31, 2003.
    Considering Harry hasn't been posting much over the last few months, he must have been quite
    prolific the months before :).

rona

--
    ***For e-mail, replace .com with .ca Sorry for the inconvenience!***

9. Ken Davey

Ken Davey Guest

kilikini wrote:
    > I've been lurking in this ng for a good 4 months or so and finally feel like I want to be a part
    > of the group. Do you have room for one more person who isn't rude, but is just looking for good
    > cooking tips?
    >
    > Kilikini
    Always room for someone like that. But; Don't be too quick to promise not to be rude. Some of the
    posters here are able to drive a saint to swearing. (G) Ken.
    >
    > "Becca" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> http://netscan.research.microsoft.com/Static/Default.asp?
    >>
    >> 1 [email protected] 2 [email protected] 3 [email protected] 4 [email protected]
    >> 5 [email protected] 6 [email protected] 7 [email protected] 8 [email protected] 9
    >> [email protected] 10 Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> 11 [email protected] 12
    >> [email protected] 13 [email protected] 14 [email protected] 15 [email protected]
    >> duesseldorf.de 16 [email protected] 17 [email protected] 18 [email protected] 19 [email protected]
    >> 20 [email protected]
    >>
    >> Becca

10. Rick & Cyndi

Rick & Cyndi Guest

"Becca" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    : http://netscan.research.microsoft.com/Static/Default.asp?
    :
    : 1 [email protected] 2 [email protected] 3 [email protected] 4 [email protected]
    : 5 [email protected] 6 [email protected] 7 [email protected] 8 [email protected] 9
    : [email protected] 10 Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> 11 [email protected] 12
    : [email protected] 13 [email protected] 14 [email protected] 15 [email protected]
    : duesseldorf.de 16 [email protected] 17 [email protected] 18 [email protected] 19 [email protected] 20
    : [email protected]
    :
    : Becca
    ==========

Woo-Hoo!! I made the list... yay!!

Hmmm, it's Christmas *and* I made "the" list... so...? Do I get a prize/present? <giggle>

Wheeeeeee!

--
    Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

11. Kalanamak

Kalanamak Guest

DJS0302 wrote:
    >
    > So, what's your point?

People periodically post this to rfc. It has been going on for years. What is the point of
    any tradition? It probably has different meanings for different people blacksalt who used to
    make this list

12. Katra

Katra Guest

Steve Wertz wrote:
    >
    > On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:21:46 -0600, Becca <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >http://netscan.research.microsoft.com/Static/Default.asp?
    >
    > Interesting to note that the of the top 40 threads, the OT posts/threads enourmously outweigh the
    > actual food related postings.
    >
    > Maybe the name of the newsgroup should be changed.
    >
    > -sw

Welcome to Usenet... ;-D

K.

--
    >^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< [email protected] >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by
    cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
    http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=Katra

13. On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 23:56:08 GMT, "kilikini"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

>I've been lurking in this ng for a good 4 months or so and finally feel like I want to be a part of
    >the group. Do you have room for one more person who isn't rude, but is just looking for good
    >cooking tips?

Well, I don't know. Maybe you could practice the rudeness a little?
    :)

Rodney Myrvaagnes J36 Gjo/a

"In this house we _obey_ the laws of thermodynamics." --Homer Simpson

14. Steve Wertz <[email protected]> wrote:
    >On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:21:46 -0600, Becca <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>http://netscan.research.microsoft.com/Static/Default.asp?
    >
    >Interesting to note that the of the top 40 threads, the OT posts/threads enourmously outweigh the
    >actual food related postings.
    >
    >Maybe the name of the newsgroup should be changed.

Common Usenet phenomenon.

The OT threads are interesting (or inflammatory), but the people in the group don't normally discuss
    them with anyone, so when the thread shows up, everyone jumps in, and covers every corner of
    something that elsewhere would be mostly dismissed.

--Blair "Can't get four people to talk tomato sauce."

15. Kilikini

Kilikini Guest

Thanks, John. Now I really feel part of the group! <G>

kilikini

"Levelwave©" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > kilikini wrote:
    >
    > > I've been lurking in this ng for a good 4 months or so and finally feel
    > > I want to be a part of the group. Do you have room for one more person
    who
    > > isn't rude, but is just looking for good cooking tips?
    >
    >
    > No. Go away.
    >
    > ~john!
    >
    >
    > ps - Welcome to RFC :)
    >
    > --
    > What was it like to see - the face of your own stability - suddenly look away...

16. Goomba38

Goomba38 Guest

kalanamak wrote:

> DJS0302 wrote:
    > >
    > > So, what's your point?
    >
    > People periodically post this to rfc. It has been going on for years. What is the point of any
    > tradition? It probably has different meanings for different people blacksalt who used to make
    > this list

yeah.. you and me both. I guess I dropped back when too many people (the type asking 'what's the
    point') started posting. Sure miss some of those olden days and missing posters... <sigh> Goomba