Top 3 Road - Endurance Bikes for about $1000? Advice appreciated!

OscarsDogRepair

Apr 26, 2012
I'm looking for some good advice on the best Road Bike (endurance style) for approx. $1,000. If you could list your top 3 picks, I'd appreciate it. Many thanks in advance!

Da nada, Oscar. I wish you thousands of happy miles on whatever bike you end up on.

Originally Posted by davereo .

Cannondale CAAD 8 also fits the bill.

I disagree with this. The Cannondale CAAD frame is designed as a race frame with a more aggressive geometry than, say, the Synapse (which I ended up getting).

The Cannondale Synapse 6 Alloy with Tiagra may be the better choice for endurance riding. I got the Synaose 5 Alloy with 105 and find it a very comfortable ride for my 51 yr old carcass.

To the OP....you may want to give the Synapse a look.

This is mine:

Originally Posted by baj32161 .

I disagree with this. The Cannondale CAAD frame is designed as a race frame with a more aggressive geometry than, say, the Synapse (which I ended up getting).

The Cannondale Synapse 6 Alloy with Tiagra may be the better choice for endurance riding. I got the Synaose 5 Alloy with 105 and find it a very comfortable ride for my 51 yr old carcass.

To the OP....you may want to give the Synapse a look.

This is mine:
I have both a CAAD 9 and a Synapse Carbon. I have ridden centuries on both bikes and prefer the CAAD to the Synapse. So I would say it's great to add the Synapse to the mix but dont count out the CAAD based on you owning a Synapse.

Yeah, Synapse, too. I keep forgetting that Cannondale makes moderately priced ones with aluminum frames, too.