Top 5 Mountain Bike Brands?

The top 5 are Giant, Trek, specialized, cannonade, and GT. The advantage to these bicycles is that they come with quality parts. You won't have to worry about broken parts very often. You can truly tell the difference in quality. Also Jeep is an okay brand, but I would not recommend it over one of the top 5.

Giant are the best I have tried, with Trek being the second ones. Kona has had one that worked perfectly for me, and I have tried one that was 'high-quality' but just felt so off and I ended up selling it. My fourth pick is Avon which has sold me a cheap, good quality mountain bike, but not one as good as Kona or Trek. And I have no clue about the last, fifth pick. Hm...k2? Not sure.

ABNPFDR said:
How do you measure "top" and in what discipline of mountain biking? And we're talking in the U.S.?

I only saw one list that had Ibis on the list. I would probably put Ibis at #1. Very high end brand, not very common. Super Awesome bikes.

after that there are a ton of companies that all make really nice high end bikes in a variety of disciplines. BMC, Specialized, Davinci, Trek, Giant, Kona, Santa Cruz, Salsa, Scott, Felt, Marin...
I couldn't agree more, I've ridden Ibis for years and have never found another make that comes close. I don't think you'll manage to get one for under $500 though Newbie. I've tried out a Jeep before and it wasn't particularly impressive, the suspension was poor and a friend of mine formally had one but eventually got an Ibis and says he can't believe he had a Jeep for so long before because they are so inferior. It really depends on where abouts in the World you are and what the relative costs of brands are there.

For me it has been diamond back, they offer some lower priced bikes as well as $500 and up, they are good if you just starting out and just want to test out the quality, which you will quickly find out is pretty decent.

I own a Trek. You can find one in pretty good price and the quality is top notch. Of course you can go for the most expensive brands, but all depends on what you are willing to pay.

Huffy, Polygon, Cyclops, Cyber and 26" Bicycle Spoke Wraps Bmx are my top 5 MTB brands. It makes sense, the pros use them, most are household names. If you wanna bust ya nut for 6 hrs a day on your bike, you could do worse than a Huffy.

he top 5 are Giant, Trek, specialized, cannonade, and GT. The advantage to these bicycles is that they come with quality parts. You won't have to worry about broken parts very often.

Most bikes in a given price range come with similar parts. A shimano XT groupo on a trek is the same as a shimano XT groupo on a Marin.

My top 5 on my list
1. Specialized
2.trek
3.Santa Cruz
4. Yeti
5. Kona
Determine if you want a full suspension bike or a hard tail. Full suspension bikes are more expensive. They also have downhill bikes too. Also full carbon bikes are the lightest but probably the most expensive route you can go.

Could never go wrong with Trek mountain bikes. Had friends give some good reviews on them, and hoping to get another one soon.

I have always liked Trek. It seems like the popular choice but I think that it is for a reason. They have always been reliable bikes and I found that they last a long time and if you ever need repair it is really easy to find help and parts. I have wanted to try Santa Cruz too, I have heard some good things.

According to me, top five brand names of cycle are:
1. GIANT
2.TREK
3.SPECIALIZED
4.CANNONDALE
5.GT
All are the top quality brands so, you can go ahead and check anyone.GOOD LUCK!

No matter whether your budget is $2000 or $500 you must have an affordable bike so, according to me you should look at some of these:
1.Diamondback Overdrive Sport
2.Mongoose Impasse Dual Full Suspension
3.Schwinn High Timber Men’s 18 Mountain Bike
4.26″ wheel Roadmaster Granite Peak Men’s Mountain Bike
5.BEIOU Carbon Fibre 650B Mountain Bike
Try and see what's the best among them all.
Good Luck.:)

My top 5:
1. GIANT
2. Trek
3. Santa Cruz
4. Specialized
5. Cannondale

Special mention: GTs are good as always.

Could never go wrong with Trek mountain bikes. Had friends give some good reviews on them, and hoping to get another one soon.
I agree. Trek bikes are so well made and have great reviews online. Finding parts is easy, and repair shops are familiar with the brand, so it's easy to get one fixed if needed.

To me, anything that isn't Canadian Tire or department store brand is pretty good. I like Specialized, Trek, Norco, Giant, and Santa Cruz. Honestly, I don't think it's the bike brand that matters the most, it's what brand the components are. You definitely don't want either of them to be ultra low quality though, or your rides will not be as enjoyable.

Instead of looking at the top 5 brands of bike, put them in to price brackets aswell. Just because a bike is a Cannondale costing $3000, doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to be the best bike for you.

If money isn't an issue then fair enough, but if you're working on a budget, look at your needs and what the bikes within your budget have to offer. Don't just blindly buy the most expensive, and most popular brand.

Best bang for your buck is Canyon bikes. Can't beat their prices. Direct sales to public. Bikes are super easy to assemble and they are top quality bikes for every type of riding.