top-pull vs bottom-pull front derailer

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Mark D ., Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark D .

Mark D . Guest

My fairly inexpensive bike came spec'd with a top-pull front derailer that worked fine until I
    swapped in a larger front chainring and now I can't get it adjusted properly. My new chaingear set
    is Shimano Ultegra and I'd like to use the matching Ultegra front derailer, but it is bottom-pull.
    Is there any way to make this work on my bike? Any other suggestions for a good top-pull derailer
    that will accomodate my 52-tooth large chainring? any advice at all?

thanks, -mark

Tags:

2. Mark-<< My new chaingear set is Shimano Ultegra and I'd like to use the matching Ultegra front
    derailer, but it is bottom-pull. Is there any way to make this work on my bike? >><BR><BR>

No top pull fders anymore for 52t rings. Get a thing called a 'e-clamp' and then attach a roller to
    it, to make the der cable run from the top tube, around the roller, to the fder-

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

3. Bruni

Bruni Guest

If you can find old Suntour non-micro drive. Tom

--
    Bruni Bicycles "Where art meets science" brunibicycles.com
    410.426.3420 Qui si parla Campagnolo <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Mark-<< My new chaingear set is Shimano Ultegra and I'd like to use the matching Ultegra front
    > derailer, but it is bottom-pull. Is there any way to make this work on my bike?
    >><BR><BR>
    >
    > No top pull fders anymore for 52t rings. Get a thing called a 'e-clamp'
    and
    > then attach a roller to it, to make the der cable run from the top tube,
    around
    > the roller, to the fder-
    >
    >
    >
    > Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    > (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.