top-pull vs bottom-pull front derailer

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Mark D ., Sep 19, 2003.

  1. Mark D .

    Mark D . Guest

    My fairly inexpensive bike came spec'd with a top-pull front derailer that worked fine until I
    swapped in a larger front chainring and now I can't get it adjusted properly. My new chaingear set
    is Shimano Ultegra and I'd like to use the matching Ultegra front derailer, but it is bottom-pull.
    Is there any way to make this work on my bike? Any other suggestions for a good top-pull derailer
    that will accomodate my 52-tooth large chainring? any advice at all?

    thanks, -mark

    Tags:

  2. Mark-<< My new chaingear set is Shimano Ultegra and I'd like to use the matching Ultegra front
    derailer, but it is bottom-pull. Is there any way to make this work on my bike? >><BR><BR>

    No top pull fders anymore for 52t rings. Get a thing called a 'e-clamp' and then attach a roller to
    it, to make the der cable run from the top tube, around the roller, to the fder-

  3. Bruni

    Bruni Guest

    If you can find old Suntour non-micro drive. Tom

    --
    Bruni Bicycles "Where art meets science" brunibicycles.com
    news:[email protected]...