Top shelf comedy from Michele Ferrari

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by alienator, Dec 15, 2012.

1. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

He really missed his calling. Instead of becoming a doctor, he should have instead joined Second City or the Upright Citizens Brigade:

Tags:

2. vspa

vspa Active Member

for the sake of variety, remember Bill Clinton denying his affaire with Lewinsky in front of a national television chain ? in higher education i saw the director lying in a face to face conversation, and within the family a mother lying repeatedly over one topic to her son, it is the brave new world,

3. alienator

It's not a brave new world. People have always lied. Michele Ferrari's comments are conveniently hilarious and apropos.

4. slovakguy

slovakguy Active Member

i thought his act was well done. always managed to say those things without ever cracking up. he should have the italian court in stitches when he gets hauled up on charges for money laundering.

5. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

Youa traina with da best...you gonna passa da test!

6. alienator

He did wear a masterful smirk.

7. oldbobcat

oldbobcat Well-Known Member

Watch Ferrari's eye movements in the pauses before he speaks. Then watch the video of LeMond's response.

8. slovakguy

slovakguy Active Member

where did you find lemond's response, bobcat?

9. oldbobcat

It was behind one of the links at the end of Ferrari's interview.

You can tell who's not lying.

10. slovakguy

slovakguy Active Member

thanks, bobcat. just an observation or two, but one interviewee has a problem maintaining eye contact while the other, even while searching for the right words manages to keep his eyes on the camera. definitely wouldn't mind seeing the entire programme this came from.

11. alienator

The best way to not be hypnotized and subsequently coerced to admit to crimes you didn't commit is to dart your eyes around the room, avoiding eye contact with the hypnotist. Don't you guys know anything?

12. oldbobcat

When the eyes are averted to the right and upward, the mind is visualizing. Speakers do this when they're searching memory, envisioning an idea, searching for words, or composing a careful response. Greg does a lot of this, especially later in his interview. Then when Greg looks to the left, it's directly at the interviewer or the camera. This is the "No bullsh*t, I'm giving you what I believe" look. He also spends plenty of time looking directly forward. Early in his interview think he's trying a little too hard to appear confident and and direct in his judgements. Later on, his statements become more nuanced, and I think he's comfortable with this.

Ferrari averts his eyes to the lower left. This is the "I've got the truth at the tip of my tongue, but I'm going to give you something else" signal, The answer comes out with a smirk, and then he punctuates his assertions by thrusting his face forward instead of letting the words do the job. Whom do you trust?