Top Speed 130kph With a Hard Wired Sigma BC800 Computer

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 16:57:44 -0600, Solvang Cyclist <[email protected]>
wrote:
>[email protected] wrote in news:1166555844.661505.64500
>@f1g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>
>> you don't think maybe the reed switch got jiggled when the wheel went
>> over a bump ?
>>

>No. The reed arms have very little mass so I don't think they would touch
>based on the G-forces of going over bumps.

It's entirely possible for G-forces to jiggle the reed switch, but that's
only gonna give you one or a few extra pulses and not matter all that much
overall.

Jasper

Jasper Janssen wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 16:57:44 -0600, Solvang Cyclist <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> >[email protected] wrote in news:1166555844.661505.64500
> >@f1g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
> >
> >> you don't think maybe the reed switch got jiggled when the wheel went
> >> over a bump ?
> >>

> >No. The reed arms have very little mass so I don't think they would touch
> >based on the G-forces of going over bumps.

> It's entirely possible for G-forces to jiggle the reed switch, but that's
> only gonna give you one or a few extra pulses and not matter all that much
> overall.

What about the loose spokes?

Jasper Janssen <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> It's entirely possible for G-forces to jiggle the reed switch, but
> that's only gonna give you one or a few extra pulses and not matter
> all that much overall.

I don't think so. The typical reed is rated for 30Gs shock resistance. I
don't know a typical bike or wheel encounters, but I doubt it's 30Gs.

Cheers,
David

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 20:22:07 -0600, Solvang Cyclist <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Jasper Janssen <[email protected]> wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>
>> It's entirely possible for G-forces to jiggle the reed switch, but
>> that's only gonna give you one or a few extra pulses and not matter
>> all that much overall.

>I don't think so. The typical reed is rated for 30Gs shock resistance. I
>don't know a typical bike or wheel encounters, but I doubt it's 30Gs.

Maybe not, then, but my main point stands: it doesn't really matter
anyway.

Jasper