Top Speed Down Hill's

philhudson

Sep 21, 2004
Hey,

My top speed down a hill curently rests at 34.2mph, isn't that fast compared to some of you guys!

So what's your highest speed ever achieved!

philhudson said:
Hey,

My top speed down a hill curently rests at 34.2mph, isn't that fast compared to some of you guys!

About 76kmph

philhudson said:
Hey,

54.3 MPH!!!!! lol it was....rather interesting lol (HUGE hill about 10 miles from my house, very fun, you can coast down the thing at 36 easily)

philhudson said:
Hey,

I've gone 45.5 mph down a respectable 1/2 mile hill...the speed limit is 45 mph, so sometimes I'm able to catch a nice draft off cars :D

88kph (55mph) as a 16 year old, 52x13 was in a race, fairly long hill but technical and not all that steep. Was sprinting to get across to a break.

76kph (47.5mph) as a 14 year old 39x13 out training.

75kmph down a 1km steep hill. I should put my race tyres on and see if theres a difference.

attachment.php

You just need a longer/steeper hill.....

I beat my record today twice!

Top Speed - 34.2 mph

1st Beat - 34.4mph

2nd beat - 35mph

A good days cycling, over 70 miles!

My top speed is 37mph. hard to do in a flat county! (one big hill in the middle)

My computer has actually recorded 96mph! i wan't going that fast, about 24 actually, it just messed up.

Think I'll head out to that big hill a bit east and report back.

'round here, 50mph/ 80kph everyday easy pure coasting descent.

philhudson said:
Hey,