Top Speed Down Hill's

i did 41 mph down a hill in town the other day, managed 38mph on a stepper one tooday, if i hadn't have held back, who knows how fast i could have gone, i'll have to try it again, but it was about 25 miles away from home!!

i hit about 42 mph on a 3/4 mile stretch in a 30 mph zone, the hill was pretty curvy, and i had to slow down cause the cars in front of me wernt going fast enough...

philhudson said:
Hey,

My top speed down a hill curently rests at 34.2mph, isn't that fast compared to some of you guys!

So what's your highest speed ever achieved!
well about a year ago at camp, we were going down 12% grades in west VA. i was going mid 40's with tons of turns. Most cars couldn't pass us since the speed limit aat the most was only 35.

Light Speed! Kidding. 54.3mph has been my max so far... That's on the hill leading down to my house pumping the whole way... well, most of it.

FSRXCRIDER said:
i hit about 42 mph on a 3/4 mile stretch in a 30 mph zone, the hill was pretty curvy, and i had to slow down cause the cars in front of me wernt going fast enough...
beat that record on the same road yesterday.
not much more, but my gauge read 44.3 mph

I hit 52.3 mph down a short hill (but pretty steep) in Colorado this summer.

While I was out there, my friend hit 65.5mph on a different mountain descent (Vail Pass).

42 mph is now my top! down a 12 percent grad so had to slow down to 30mph for cattle grid, then let it lose!

philhudson said:
Hey,

My top speed down a hill curently rests at 34.2mph, isn't that fast compared to some of you guys!

I am a bit of a hill whimp but on the MTB I have done 62km/h because it feels nice and solid on the road.

The road bike feels less stable so I don't let that one go to fast but at least 70km/h.

3 years ago, when I was 17, I drafted my friends car down a good straight hill at 70mph. was turning the 53x12 at 200rpms. fun as hell. I normally only get about 50mph on that hill.

In town, I usually can get 57mph unassisted down the steep 1/4mile hill.

i hit 60 mph coming down a mountain in southern australia earlier this year. mind u, i did then fall and brake both my arms and get severe concussion, but thats another story

I was in a race and I was coasting down a hill on the brakes behind another rider at about 41-42 mph. Im 14 by the way

I reached 86 km/h (54 mph) behind a truck on a descent. I was afraid to be dropped behind because wind gusts could throw me of the road or to the other side of it. It was great, but it lasted only 1 km.

im 13, just started a month and a half ago. went 35 mph down one of the really short hills by my house in heavy bicycle traffic (right after the TT in san jose in the amgen tour of california) everyone was going slow so i had to break a lot but hecka fun when you have to navigate through people. havent recorded it when i when down one of the longer hills by my house and i am heading up the the big and steep mountains this weekend probably. post what happens then if i get a chance.

yesterday at nats, during the tt the fastest i was going was 50 on the way back. thats the fastest i've gone but, im sure i can go faster if i get a long steep hill.

philhudson said:
Hey,

philhudson said:
Hey,

42/43 mph. Computer doesn't have max speed, so you can imagine I wasn't focused so much on looking down and watching my speed ;-)