Top Ten reasons you might want to be LA

Veloise

Guest
In another thread, jabario claimed "not jealous of Lance. He's got no
ba**s."

Which got me thinking--would you want to be Lance?

10. The Powerbar commercials are about YOU.
9. No need to introduce yourself, let alone spell your last name.
8. Gazillionaire who can write his own career ticket post-TdF.
7. Loves his job.

OK, your turn.

--Karen M.
who is r-e-a-l-l-y sick of the jokes about my surname; Spellcheck
recommends "mismanage"

Veloise <[email protected]> wrote:
> In another thread, jabario claimed "not jealous of Lance. He's got no
> ba**s."
>
> Which got me thinking--would you want to be Lance?
>
> 10. The Powerbar commercials are about YOU.

Wait wait wait. Quick question, does that mean I have to actually
*eat* some Powerbars? Or can I just pose with them in front of the
camera and then sneak out back for a Clif bar?

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
Vila: "I think I have just made the biggest mistake of my life."

Orac: "It is unlikely. I would predict there are far greater mistakes
waiting to be made by someone with your obvious talent for it."

"Veloise" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In another thread, jabario claimed "not jealous of Lance. He's got no
> ba**s."
>
> Which got me thinking--would you want to be Lance?
>
> 10. The Powerbar commercials are about YOU.
> 9. No need to introduce yourself, let alone spell your last name.
> 8. Gazillionaire who can write his own career ticket post-TdF.
> 7. Loves his job.
>

> OK, your turn.

6. Gets to boink Sheryl Crow.

Cheto

Veloise wrote:

> In another thread, jabario claimed "not jealous of Lance. He's got no
> ba**s."
>
> Which got me thinking--would you want to be Lance?
>
> 10. The Powerbar commercials are about YOU.
> 9. No need to introduce yourself, let alone spell your last name.
> 8. Gazillionaire who can write his own career ticket post-TdF.
> 7. Loves his job.

6. Able to survive advanced cancer and rebound to be better
5. Unlimited access to cycling's inner sanctum
4. Gets bike stuff designed for him

Wayne

Veloise had to ask:

> would you want to be Lance?

Last year, a group of my non-cycling colleagues were gathered 'round the
back door at work for a smoke when I rolled in, and after I parked the
bike and strolled up, one of them said, "So... you want to be like Lance?"

I told the lot of them, "I was biking to work before Lance was born. He
wants to be like *me* when he gets to be my age!"

> --Karen M.
> who is r-e-a-l-l-y sick of the jokes about my surname;
> Spellcheck recommends "mismanage"

Many years ago, my girlfriend worked at the Information Booth of a major
international airport -- where her colleagues gave her the nickname
"Miss Information", and used it on the airport intercom for all to hear.
She was not amused.

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:08:08 -0700, LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0
m <[email protected]> wrote:

>Veloise had to ask:
>
>> would you want to be Lance?

-Nobody laughs at your stupid tan!

Don't have to wear underwear at work!

[email protected] wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:08:08 -0700, LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0
>m <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Veloise had to ask:
>>
>>> would you want to be Lance?

>-Nobody laughs at your stupid tan!