Top Ten Things that LA should do next

Veloise

Guest
10. TdF fantasy camp (watch the commercial at Giro.com for the general
idea). Ride for the Roses is a good idea, but bring it out to the
hinterlands and let us all play.

9. License a set of action figures. Complete with team, team car, TT
bike, stuffed lions, podium girls, teesny little MJ that zips up the
back, chopper, motocam, crazed fans, flags and foam hands for crazed
fans, bike clothing, extra shoes, eensy-weensy LS bracelet, black-tie
tux...

8. License something that would appear in the general money economy and
can be purchased by the typical US consumer. Slurpee cups? Supersized
powerbars? Yellow shirts, bike shorts, hats, socks, shoes, etc. that
appear at *.Marts.

Your turn!

--Karen M.
he forgot his shoes in stage one?!?

On 24 Jul 2005 13:06:07 -0700, "Veloise" <[email protected]> wrote:

>10. TdF fantasy camp (watch the commercial at Giro.com for the general
>idea). Ride for the Roses is a good idea, but bring it out to the
>hinterlands and let us all play.
>
>9. License a set of action figures. Complete with team, team car, TT
>bike, stuffed lions, podium girls, teesny little MJ that zips up the
>back, chopper, motocam, crazed fans, flags and foam hands for crazed
>fans, bike clothing, extra shoes, eensy-weensy LS bracelet, black-tie
>tux...
>
>8. License something that would appear in the general money economy and
>can be purchased by the typical US consumer. Slurpee cups? Supersized
>powerbars? Yellow shirts, bike shorts, hats, socks, shoes, etc. that
>appear at *.Marts.

Do a deal with Trek to travel to every city in Virginia and give away free
Madones to guys over fifty who ride 100 miles a week?

Hey, it could work? ;-)

jj

>Your turn!
>
>--Karen M.
>he forgot his shoes in stage one?!?

I love your action figure set idea. I'd buy the set - but the Lance figure
has to come with a detachable testicle though. (sorry, couldn't resist... ;)

OK - more realistic suggestions...

Since the riders drink pop on the course, "yellow can" Coke (or Pepsi -
whichever company antes up).

Signature Lance Oakley sunglasses.

FWIW, HP already released a "Live Strong" laptop.
http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000620044080/

"Now, in select cases of Coors and Coors Light, a Lance Armstrong Yellow
Jersey."

C.j

"Veloise" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> 10. TdF fantasy camp (watch the commercial at Giro.com for the general
> idea). Ride for the Roses is a good idea, but bring it out to the
> hinterlands and let us all play.
>
> 9. License a set of action figures. Complete with team, team car, TT
> bike, stuffed lions, podium girls, teesny little MJ that zips up the
> back, chopper, motocam, crazed fans, flags and foam hands for crazed
> fans, bike clothing, extra shoes, eensy-weensy LS bracelet, black-tie
> tux...
>
> 8. License something that would appear in the general money economy and
> can be purchased by the typical US consumer. Slurpee cups? Supersized
> powerbars? Yellow shirts, bike shorts, hats, socks, shoes, etc. that
> appear at *.Marts.
>
> Your turn!
>
> --Karen M.
> he forgot his shoes in stage one?!?

His own line of racing bikes (hey, it worked for Greg...).

- -

"May you have the winds at your back,
And a really low gear for the hills!"

Chris'Z Corner
http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

"C.J.Patten" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I love your action figure set idea. I'd buy the set - but the Lance figure
>has to come with a detachable testicle though. (sorry, couldn't resist...
>;)
>
> OK - more realistic suggestions...
>
> Since the riders drink pop on the course, "yellow can" Coke (or Pepsi -
> whichever company antes up).
>
> Signature Lance Oakley sunglasses.

Don't they already exist? Lance Armstrong M-Frames:

wrote:

>10. TdF fantasy camp (watch the commercial at Giro.com for the general
>idea). Ride for the Roses is a good idea, but bring it out to the
>hinterlands and let us all play.
>
>9. License a set of action figures. Complete with team, team car, TT
>bike, stuffed lions, podium girls, teesny little MJ that zips up the
>back, chopper, motocam, crazed fans, flags and foam hands for crazed
>fans, bike clothing, extra shoes, eensy-weensy LS bracelet, black-tie
>tux...
>
>8. License something that would appear in the general money economy and
>can be purchased by the typical US consumer. Slurpee cups? Supersized
>powerbars? Yellow shirts, bike shorts, hats, socks, shoes, etc. that
>appear at *.Marts.
>
>Your turn!
>
>--Karen M.
>he forgot his shoes in stage one?!?

a new tv show: Pimp my bike!

Veloise wrote:

> 10. TdF fantasy camp...
>
> 9. License a set of action figures.
>
> 8. License something that would appear in the general
> money economy...
>
> Your turn!

7. Take up another sport that is under-represented in the US and
dominated by Europe -- fencing??

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 21:20:08 -0400, blanshay wrote:

> a new tv show: Pimp my bike!

If I see a Pacific mtb with a Chris King headset, I'm gonna puke.

:p

>His own line of racing bikes (hey, it worked for Greg...).

Only once Trek came along to run the brand, but that's a long story.

Chris Neary
[email protected]

"Science, freedom, beauty, adventure: what more could
you ask of life? Bicycling combined all the elements I
loved" - Adapted from a quotation by Charles Lindbergh

"LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0 m"

> 7. Take up another sport that is under-represented in the US

and
> dominated by Europe -- fencing??

Today he expressed great admiration for Wayne Gretsky's
post-playing career.
Maybe together they could make curling a major sport.

Or, maybe not.

Veloise wrote:
> [snip]

10. Start smoking and begin new career as the next "Marlboro Man".
9. Write new book: "Okay, It Really IS About the Bike".
8. Go on nationwide search for testicle donor.
7. Take up the harmonica and travel with Sheryl Crow.
6. Run for governor of the state of Texas.
5. Start his own reality show.
4. Grow some hair.
3. Publicly admit that Livestrong Foundation is a pyramid scheme.
2. Write tell-all book exposing Ivan Basso as pill-popping SOB.
1. Fade into obscurity.

"Bill Henry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Veloise wrote:
> > [snip]
> >

> 10. Start smoking and begin new career as the next "Marlboro Man".
> 9. Write new book: "Okay, It Really IS About the Bike".
> 8. Go on nationwide search for testicle donor.
> 7. Take up the harmonica and travel with Sheryl Crow.
> 6. Run for governor of the state of Texas.
> 5. Start his own reality show.
> 4. Grow some hair.
> 3. Publicly admit that Livestrong Foundation is a pyramid scheme.
> 2. Write tell-all book exposing Ivan Basso as pill-popping SOB.
> 1. Fade into obscurity.

Number 6, "no". He blew his chance of being governor of Texas by letting
John Kerry ride in his chase car on Saturday, that probably went over like a
pregnant pole vaulter in Texas.

Disclaimer: meant to be a funny, not to start a political thread, the
election is "over"

[email protected] wrote:
> On 24 Jul 2005 13:06:07 -0700, "Veloise" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>10. TdF fantasy camp (watch the commercial at Giro.com for the general
>>idea). Ride for the Roses is a good idea, but bring it out to the
>>hinterlands and let us all play.
>>
>>9. License a set of action figures. Complete with team, team car, TT
>>bike, stuffed lions, podium girls, teesny little MJ that zips up the
>>back, chopper, motocam, crazed fans, flags and foam hands for crazed
>>fans, bike clothing, extra shoes, eensy-weensy LS bracelet, black-tie
>>tux...
>>
>>8. License something that would appear in the general money economy and
>>can be purchased by the typical US consumer. Slurpee cups? Supersized
>>powerbars? Yellow shirts, bike shorts, hats, socks, shoes, etc. that
>>appear at *.Marts.
>>
>>Your turn!
>>
>>--Karen M.
>>he forgot his shoes in stage one?!?

> a new tv show: Pimp my bike!

Here is a scenario:

Lance rides around town (different city or town each week) on a new
Trek. They talk about the town they are riding in, give some history,
show some scenes. Show a few people riding on bikes, at the half way
mark you see someone on a rusty old hulk, that barely works. Lance does
a swap with the hulks rider, a wrench sets up the new bike, rider rides
off, happy on the new Trek. The wrench then shows what is wrong with
Rusty, gives a pointer or two on bike maintenance, roll credits.

> [...]

>>can be purchased by the typical US consumer. Slurpee cups? Supersized
>>powerbars? Yellow shirts, bike shorts, hats, socks, shoes, etc. that
>>appear at *.Marts.
>>
>>Your turn!
>>
>>--Karen M.
>>he forgot his shoes in stage one?!?

> a new tv show: Pimp my bike!

Here is a scenario:

Lance rides around town (different city or town each week) on a new
Trek. They talk about the town they are riding in, give some history,
show some scenes. Show a few people riding on bikes, at the half way
mark you see someone on a rusty old hulk, that barely works. Lance does
a swap with the hulks rider, a wrench sets up the new bike, rider rides
off, happy on the new Trek. The wrench then shows what is wrong with
Rusty, gives a pointer or two on bike maintenance, roll credits.

"The Wogster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote:

> Here is a scenario:
>
> Lance rides around town (different city or town each week) on a new Trek.
> They talk about the town they are riding in, give some history, show some
> scenes. Show a few people riding on bikes, at the half way mark you see
> someone on a rusty old hulk, that barely works. Lance does a swap with
> the hulks rider, a wrench sets up the new bike, rider rides off, happy on
> the new Trek. The wrench then shows what is wrong with Rusty, gives a
> pointer or two on bike maintenance, roll credits.

Cue some poor old curmugeon running down the street yelling "STOP! THIEF!
Give me my bike back!" ... which would be funny unto itself. Love your idea
though!

Lance Armstrong as the next "Don't Forget Your Passport" world traveller
(the one with the youngish travellers - Iain Wright, Justine Shapiro et al)
doing "bike centric" travel would be VERY cool.

Maybe even with a North American slant 'cause we really do have a lot of
cool places right here at home. Start with Texas (naturally) and maybe check
out all the home-towns of other TdF riders. (Zabriskie et al)

Lance may have stepped down from TdF life but there's still a lot of life
left in his stories. I haven't read his books (plan to) but if he produced
and/or starred in some kind of documentary on what it takes to get to his
level of fitness, diet etc, I'd watch.

I suspect Lance may take the next few months/year(s) just to catch up with
family but he doesn't strike me as the personality type that becomes
"irrelevant."

C.

C.