Top Ten Things that LA should do next

"The Wogster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote:

> Here is a scenario:
>
> Lance rides around town (different city or town each week) on a new Trek.
> They talk about the town they are riding in, give some history, show some
> scenes. Show a few people riding on bikes, at the half way mark you see
> someone on a rusty old hulk, that barely works. Lance does a swap with
> the hulks rider, a wrench sets up the new bike, rider rides off, happy on
> the new Trek. The wrench then shows what is wrong with Rusty, gives a
> pointer or two on bike maintenance, roll credits.

Cue some poor old curmugeon running down the street yelling "STOP! THIEF!
Give me my bike back!" ... which would be funny unto itself. Love your idea
though!

Lance Armstrong as the next "Don't Forget Your Passport" world traveller
(the one with the youngish travellers - Iain Wright, Justine Shapiro et al)
doing "bike centric" travel would be VERY cool.

Maybe even with a North American slant 'cause we really do have a lot of
cool places right here at home. Start with Texas (naturally) and maybe check
out all the home-towns of other TdF riders. (Zabriskie et al)

Lance may have stepped down from TdF life but there's still a lot of life
left in his stories. I haven't read his books (plan to) but if he produced
and/or starred in some kind of documentary on what it takes to get to his
level of fitness, diet etc, I'd watch.

I suspect Lance may take the next few months/year(s) just to catch up with
family but he doesn't strike me as the personality type that becomes
"irrelevant."

C.

C.

"The Wogster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote:

> Here is a scenario:
>
> Lance rides around town (different city or town each week) on a new Trek.
> They talk about the town they are riding in, give some history, show some
> scenes. Show a few people riding on bikes, at the half way mark you see
> someone on a rusty old hulk, that barely works. Lance does a swap with
> the hulks rider, a wrench sets up the new bike, rider rides off, happy on
> the new Trek. The wrench then shows what is wrong with Rusty, gives a
> pointer or two on bike maintenance, roll credits.

Cue some poor old curmugeon running down the street yelling "STOP! THIEF!
Give me my bike back!" ... which would be funny unto itself. Love your idea
though!

Lance Armstrong as the next "Don't Forget Your Passport" world traveller
(the one with the youngish travellers - Iain Wright, Justine Shapiro et al)
doing "bike centric" travel would be VERY cool.

Maybe even with a North American slant 'cause we really do have a lot of
cool places right here at home. Start with Texas (naturally) and maybe check
out all the home-towns of other TdF riders. (Zabriskie et al)

Lance may have stepped down from TdF life but there's still a lot of life
left in his stories. I haven't read his books (plan to) but if he produced
and/or starred in some kind of documentary on what it takes to get to his
level of fitness, diet etc, I'd watch.

I suspect Lance may take the next few months/year(s) just to catch up with
family but he doesn't strike me as the personality type that becomes
"irrelevant."

C.

C.

Lance Appleseed?

Building on Marlene's great idea of pimping bikes; he could don the persona
of a kung fu-like mysterious traveler who shows up in towns to spread the
word of the tau and chi of cycling; planting the seeds of a bike riding
generation.

--
'Oh lord!
Won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 07:43:55 -0500, "di" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Bill Henry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Veloise wrote:
>> > [snip]
>> >

>> 10. Start smoking and begin new career as the next "Marlboro Man".
>> 9. Write new book: "Okay, It Really IS About the Bike".
>> 8. Go on nationwide search for testicle donor.
>> 7. Take up the harmonica and travel with Sheryl Crow.
>> 6. Run for governor of the state of Texas.
>> 5. Start his own reality show.
>> 4. Grow some hair.
>> 3. Publicly admit that Livestrong Foundation is a pyramid scheme.
>> 2. Write tell-all book exposing Ivan Basso as pill-popping SOB.
>> 1. Fade into obscurity.

>Number 6, "no". He blew his chance of being governor of Texas by letting
>John Kerry ride in his chase car on Saturday, that probably went over like a
>pregnant pole vaulter in Texas.
>
>Disclaimer: meant to be a funny, not to start a political thread, the
>election is "over"

Hahahah ah, yeah, that was hilarious.

Life is Good!
Jeff

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 07:43:55 -0500, "di" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Bill Henry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Veloise wrote:
>> > [snip]
>> >

>> 10. Start smoking and begin new career as the next "Marlboro Man".
>> 9. Write new book: "Okay, It Really IS About the Bike".
>> 8. Go on nationwide search for testicle donor.
>> 7. Take up the harmonica and travel with Sheryl Crow.
>> 6. Run for governor of the state of Texas.
>> 5. Start his own reality show.
>> 4. Grow some hair.
>> 3. Publicly admit that Livestrong Foundation is a pyramid scheme.
>> 2. Write tell-all book exposing Ivan Basso as pill-popping SOB.
>> 1. Fade into obscurity.

>Number 6, "no". He blew his chance of being governor of Texas by letting
>John Kerry ride in his chase car on Saturday, that probably went over like a
>pregnant pole vaulter in Texas.
>
>Disclaimer: meant to be a funny, not to start a political thread, the
>election is "over"

Hahahah ah, yeah, that was hilarious.

Life is Good!
Jeff

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 07:43:55 -0500, "di" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Bill Henry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Veloise wrote:
>> > [snip]
>> >

>> 10. Start smoking and begin new career as the next "Marlboro Man".
>> 9. Write new book: "Okay, It Really IS About the Bike".
>> 8. Go on nationwide search for testicle donor.
>> 7. Take up the harmonica and travel with Sheryl Crow.
>> 6. Run for governor of the state of Texas.
>> 5. Start his own reality show.
>> 4. Grow some hair.
>> 3. Publicly admit that Livestrong Foundation is a pyramid scheme.
>> 2. Write tell-all book exposing Ivan Basso as pill-popping SOB.
>> 1. Fade into obscurity.

>Number 6, "no". He blew his chance of being governor of Texas by letting
>John Kerry ride in his chase car on Saturday, that probably went over like a
>pregnant pole vaulter in Texas.
>
>Disclaimer: meant to be a funny, not to start a political thread, the
>election is "over"

Hahahah ah, yeah, that was hilarious.

Life is Good!
Jeff

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:43:50 -0400, "lowkey" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Lance Appleseed?
>
> Building on Marlene's great idea of pimping bikes; he could don the persona
>of a kung fu-like mysterious traveler who shows up in towns to spread the
>word of the tau and chi of cycling; planting the seeds of a bike riding
>generation.

Isn't that what he's supposed to have done already??? HE's had ten
f8cking years....

I'm glad you like the idea, all. How about "Pimp my trainer!" or "Pimp
my exercycle". Actually, lance's bike is pretty much already pimped,
so maybe the show could have him go to the house of some poor,
overweight slob and gets them on a program, gives them a great bike
and converts another lazy american to the cycling way of life- in
exchange, the slob has to go car free or they don't get the "lance"
Trek!

di said:
"Bill Henry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Veloise wrote:
> > [snip]
> >

> 10. Start smoking and begin new career as the next "Marlboro Man".
> 9. Write new book: "Okay, It Really IS About the Bike".
> 8. Go on nationwide search for testicle donor.
> 7. Take up the harmonica and travel with Sheryl Crow.
> 6. Run for governor of the state of Texas.
> 5. Start his own reality show.
> 4. Grow some hair.
> 3. Publicly admit that Livestrong Foundation is a pyramid scheme.
> 2. Write tell-all book exposing Ivan Basso as pill-popping SOB.
> 1. Fade into obscurity.

Number 6, "no". He blew his chance of being governor of Texas by letting
John Kerry ride in his chase car on Saturday, that probably went over like a
pregnant pole vaulter in Texas.

Disclaimer: meant to be a funny, not to start a political thread, the
election is "over"

What do Texans have against pregnant pole vaulters?

waxbytes wrote:

> What do Texans have against pregnant pole vaulters?

Beer bellies.

TYVM, BS

I wrote:
> 10. TdF fantasy camp (watch the commercial at Giro.com for the general
> idea). Ride for the Roses is a good idea, but bring it out to the
> hinterlands and let us all play.
>
> 9. License a set of action figures. Complete with team, team car, TT
> bike, stuffed lions, podium girls, teesny little MJ that zips up the
> back, chopper, motocam, crazed fans, flags and foam hands for crazed
> fans, bike clothing, extra shoes, eensy-weensy LS bracelet, black-tie
> tux...
>
> 8. License something that would appear in the general money economy and
> can be purchased by the typical US consumer. Slurpee cups? Supersized
> powerbars? Yellow shirts, bike shorts, hats, socks, shoes, etc. that
> appear at *.Marts.

Whoops, came up with this last night.

7. Enroll at U-T, learn a worthwhile marketable skill.

--Karen M.