Topeak/Extra UK - great service!

Hi

I'm not a habitual poster here, but I thought I'd just mention...

After some years of faithful service, my Topeak Joe Blow Sport track
pump started letting air out of tyres instead of putting it in - one
too many outside-overnight-in-the-rain occasions.

Halfords (amazingly!) had a kit of spares, from which they replaced a
rusted non-return spring, but it still leaked. Turned out the gauge
was shot, too. I contacted the distributor, Extra UK, expecting a
polite brush-off, but in fact they cannibalized a broken pump and are
sending me the gauge.

Anyway, I'm a firm believer that no good deed should go unpunished, so
I thought I'd share.

Cheers
John

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 03:20:14 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>Hi
>
>I'm not a habitual poster here, but I thought I'd just mention...
>
>After some years of faithful service, my Topeak Joe Blow Sport track
>pump started letting air out of tyres instead of putting it in - one
>too many outside-overnight-in-the-rain occasions.
>
>Halfords (amazingly!) had a kit of spares, from which they replaced a
>rusted non-return spring, but it still leaked. Turned out the gauge
>was shot, too. I contacted the distributor, Extra UK, expecting a
>polite brush-off, but in fact they cannibalized a broken pump and are
>sending me the gauge.
>
>Anyway, I'm a firm believer that no good deed should go unpunished, so
>I thought I'd share.

I've also had excellent service from Toepeak. A colleague managed to
destroy the football bladder pin and the Toepeak agents sent me a free
replacement by return of post.