Topeak Road Master Blaster vs. Zefal HPX?

Andy

Guest
I saw a thread recently saying the Zefal HPX was the pump of choice for frame pumps. Anyone have the
Topeak Road Master Blaster with a strong opinion whether or not it is as good, better or worse?
Thanx, andy

"andy" <trifox13atcovaddotnet> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I saw a thread recently saying the Zefal HPX was the pump of choice for frame pumps. Anyone have
> the Topeak Road Master Blaster with a strong opinion whether or not it is as good, better or
> worse? Thanx, andy

I have the Topeak Road Master Blaster. It works well and at what $25, you might be able to find it
for a bit less *on-line*, its a bargain. I also like the fact that it has a silver aluminum body, as
oppose to the black body of the Zefal. Both work well and parts are available for both.....

"andy" <trifox13atcovaddotnet> wrote in news:10304$4038d8d2$4503c99e$18308
@msgid.meganewsservers.com:
> I saw a thread recently saying the Zefal HPX was the pump of choice for frame pumps. Anyone have
> the Topeak Road Master Blaster with a strong opinion whether or not it is as good, better or
> worse? Thanx,

I have a Topeak Road Morph (with the mini hose and fold-out handle). It pumps road tires up to
110psi very easily and very quickly. The Zefal is a little harder to use, but also somewhat
lighter weight.

If you already have one or the other, it is not worth switching.

andy wrote:
> I saw a thread recently saying the Zefal HPX was the pump of choice for frame pumps. Anyone have
> the Topeak Road Master Blaster with a strong opinion whether or not it is as good, better or
> worse? Thanx, andy

You pays your money and you takes your choice. I had an HPX until I drove off with it on the roof
(it blocked putting the bike on the car rack). After reading all the enthusiastic TRMB posts, I got
one to replace the HPX. Now I have to take it off to put the bike in the workstand...

IMHO, it was easier to pump the HPX when the tire pressure exceeded about 80 psi. The Topeak is
uncomfortable, to my hand, when the pressure gets above that. The Topeak can pinch your hand with
that swivel handle. I think it was quicker to use the HPX after fixing a flat to get to 100 psi. And
I expect I'll stir the pot by posting such blasphemy.

But I'm too lazy and cheap to switch back until something goes wrong with the Topeak.

Pat
--
Apologies to those easily confused. Address is spam-resistant. Correct email address like pdlamb 'round-
about comcast point net.