Topeak Road Morph & Mountain Morph pumps

Miles

Guest
Hello Group,

What is the difference between the pumps? From what I gathered,
the MM is shorter (for the smaller MTB frames), and the RM gives
higher psi's. Is that all?

Is the Morph design (transferring it into a floor pump) unique among
the industry?

Miles

On 19 Dec 2004 18:37:37 -0800, "Miles" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hello Group,
>
>What is the difference between the pumps? From what I gathered,
>the MM is shorter (for the smaller MTB frames), and the RM gives
>higher psi's. Is that all?

Since I own a Road Morph you've piqued my curiosity, thus I've just
done the work you could have done yourself. The Topeak web site shows
pictures of the two that would indicate the MM is shorter, but the
specs say they are exactly the same length (12.7"). The RM is slightly
taller and wider. The MM (according to Topeak) can reach 120 psi,
while the RM is capable of 160 psi. The other difference, the RM has a
pressure gauge, while the MM doesn't.

They do list a RM without the gauge; "Not available in U.S.A.".

>Is the Morph design (transferring it into a floor pump) unique among
>the industry?

No, the Sigma Sport Lambda Jet Digital Mini Pump (for one) also works
like a floor pump.