Topeak Tyre levers

I've got a Topeak Survival Gear Box which I love dearly, but yesterday
struggling valiantly by the roadside I broke one of the tyre levers
included in the kit. These are neat little suckers that press
together and fit precisely into their allocated space in the box.
Does anyone know if I can buy the levers? I've googled to no avail.

On 2007-11-07, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
> I've got a Topeak Survival Gear Box which I love dearly, but yesterday
> struggling valiantly by the roadside I broke one of the tyre levers
> included in the kit. These are neat little suckers that press
> together and fit precisely into their allocated space in the box.
> Does anyone know if I can buy the levers? I've googled to no avail.

Probably can at your LBS, but they're not very good. I recommend the
Michelin yellow tyre levers (not to be confused with the Contential's
orange copy which is surprisingly ****). I use them multiple times
everyday at work and have only broken one in the past 12 months.

The Soma steel cored plastic levers are good too but are much fatter and
harder to use on really tight tyres.

Cheers

Joel
--
Human Powered Cycles | High quality servicing and repairs
[email protected] | Affordable second hand bikes

lemmiwinks wrote:
> I've got a Topeak Survival Gear Box which I love dearly, but yesterday
> struggling valiantly by the roadside I broke one of the tyre levers
> included in the kit. These are neat little suckers that press
> together and fit precisely into their allocated space in the box.
> Does anyone know if I can buy the levers? I've googled to no avail.

If you want exact replacements, you'll find a pair of them inside a
"Deluxe puncture repair kit" at BigW/K-mart.

If you want some unbreakable metal ones, I've got a set here you can
have.

BTH

On Nov 8, 9:07 am, BT Humble <[email protected]> wrote:
> lemmiwinks wrote:
> > I've got a Topeak Survival Gear Box which I love dearly, but yesterday
> > struggling valiantly by the roadside I broke one of the tyre levers
> > included in the kit. These are neat little suckers that press
> > together and fit precisely into their allocated space in the box.
> > Does anyone know if I can buy the levers? I've googled to no avail.

> If you want exact replacements, you'll find a pair of them inside a
> "Deluxe puncture repair kit" at BigW/K-mart.

The "Schwinn deluxe puncture repair kit" at the local Kmart isn't even
close but I needed some more patches anyway.

Joel Mayes said:
I recommend the
Michelin yellow tyre levers (not to be confused with the Contential's
orange copy which is surprisingly ****).

I will second this, they are without doubt the best I have ever used, I think mine are at least 2 years old now and show no signs of dieing. Excellent tyre levers.

On 2007-11-12, MikeyOz (aka Bruce)

> Joel Mayes Wrote:
>> I recommend the
>> Michelin yellow tyre levers (not to be confused with the Contential's
>> orange copy which is surprisingly ****).

> I will second this, they are without doubt the best I have ever used, I
> think mine are at least 2 years old now and show no signs of dieing.
> Excellent tyre levers.

This is going to be really useless information, but I can't remember
where I got mine, from who, and what brand, but they've been going for
about 7 years. Nothing at all like most tire levers made of swiss
cheese I've come across.

Dunno what I will do when I do lose/break them.

--
TimC
-- Ferenc Mantfeld

TimC said:
This is going to be really useless information, but I can't remember
where I got mine, from who, and what brand, but they've been going for
about 7 years. Nothing at all like most tire levers made of swiss
cheese I've come across.

Are they yellow ???

MikeyOz wrote:
> TimC Wrote:
>> This is going to be really useless information, but I can't remember
>> where I got mine, from who, and what brand, but they've been going for
>> about 7 years. Nothing at all like most tire levers made of swiss
>> cheese I've come across.
>>

> Are they yellow ???

Yellow and mad of swiss cheese might not be good...

but yellow and made of snow would be worse ;-)

G-S

MikeyOz said:
I will second this, they are without doubt the best I have ever used, I think mine are at least 2 years old now and show no signs of dieing. Excellent tyre levers.
Zefal tx3 are the best I've ever had. I've lost two of the original three over about 15 years, but the remaining one is always the first to be inserted. The great big wide Michelin yellow lever is clumsy by comparison.

I used to have a pair of Vittoria levers that lasted me for around 15 years. Was ****** off when I lost them (left my saddle bag open after fixing my flat).

They are available at Assos in South Melbourne (only place I've managed to find them since). They have a spoke hook and press together as well. I had them in the Italian colours too (red white and green) which was nice.

I replaced them with a set of the Michelins and find them about as good.

artemidorus said:
The great big wide Michelin yellow lever is clumsy by comparison.

?? Maybe if you have no thumbs and short stumpy fingers :)

Never had a problem with them removing a tyre ever and also they make a good weapon, used them on my brother couple of times once when he tried to pass me.

MikeyOz said:
?? Maybe if you have no thumbs and short stumpy fingers :)
Ehh!!!

Not knocking the Michelins particularly, just pointing out that they have not achieved the pinnacle of engineering excellence.

MikeyOz wrote:
> artemidorus Wrote:
>
> > The great big wide Michelin yellow lever is clumsy by comparison.

> ?? Maybe if you have no thumbs and short stumpy fingers :)
>
> Never had a problem with them removing a tyre ever and also they make a
> good weapon, used them on my brother couple of times once when he tried
> to pass me.

As a dagger or a ninja throwing star?

BTH

MikeyOz wrote:
> BT Humble Wrote:
>> As a dagger or a ninja throwing star?
>>

> Dagger, slip it into the ribs as he attempts to ride past :)

Poison dart tipped with curare, disguise the blow tube as a bike pump.

Dorf