Ok guys, Ive been reading for a while, age 31, Ex- smoker (WOOOHHHOOO) and want to be around a little longer to see my kids grow up. I've ordered a new bike and Have started the exercise stages and eating healthier and it is already showing in my clothes and it gives me inspiration.
Im 31 5'10 210 pounds, down already from 220 in the last few weeks, Im riding a eliptical machine everyday along with eating less and heathier foods and NO SODAS. I drank sometimes a 12 pack a day of Mountain Dew and now its Aquafina only.
ONE PROBLEM......
MY BREATH!!!!!!!! I have none. I cant imagine riding 50 miles on a bike on flats much less hills yet. I take it that I am aerobic and cardio Challenged. I run out of breath and seems like I cant get enough air into my lungs. I am Heatlhy, HAve a few extra pounds but not a lard @55.
Do I just need to work on my longevity on the machine and ultimately the bike? And if so, How?
I want to ride with a group later on (maybe in the spring) but theres no freaking way I could do it right now, I would run out of breath in the first few miles.
I just want to be plain healthier, no racing, just healthier and loose some weight to boot.
My goal weight is around 185
Thanks in advance for your help!
[img]cyclingforums.comuser online.gifOpen ↗[/img]