Topo Maps

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Tbf, Feb 23, 2003.

  1. Tbf

    Tbf Guest

    Tags:

    www.topozone.come

    > Or software program?

    I have both the Delorme and Garmin product. Both are more than accurate enough for basic trail
    mapping and trip planning.

    What exaclty are you looking to do with it? Tell us what are your needs and wants, and perhaps I/we
    could give a more specific response

  3. Tbf

    Tbf Guest

    > TBF wrote:
    > > Anyone know of a good site to get topographic maps of North America?
    >
    > www.topozone.come
    >

    > > Or software program?
    >
    > I have both the Delorme and Garmin product. Both are more than accurate enough for basic trail
    > mapping and trip planning.
    >
    > What exaclty are you looking to do with it? Tell us what are your needs and wants, and perhaps
    > I/we could give a more specific response

    That's exactly why I want it. Nobody has ever mapped the trails in Ontario, Canada. I've been trying
    to find a site or progrma to help in doing that.

  4. Bob

    Bob Guest

  5. TBF wrote:
    > "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >>I have both the Delorme and Garmin product. Both are more than accurate enough for basic trail
    >>mapping and trip planning.
    >>
    >>What exaclty are you looking to do with it? Tell us what are your needs and wants, and perhaps
    >>I/we could give a more specific response
    >>

    > That's exactly why I want it. Nobody has ever mapped the trails in Ontario, Canada. I've been
    > trying to find a site or progrma to help in doing that.

    I host the USA mirror site for a nice shareware program called gartrip. I would highly endorse it
    for you described purpose. really easy to use and you can use just about _any_ map. simply pick two
    know points and thr trak auto positions onthe map. really sweet, IMO

    http://www.gartrip.de/

    Download server (my site) in USA: http://www.shavings.net/GPS/gartrip/g205b_i.zip

  6. Tbf

    Tbf Guest

    > TBF wrote:
    > > "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >>I have both the Delorme and Garmin product. Both are more than accurate enough for basic trail
    > >>mapping and trip planning.
    > >>
    > >>What exaclty are you looking to do with it? Tell us what are your needs and wants, and perhaps
    > >>I/we could give a more specific response
    > >>

    > > That's exactly why I want it. Nobody has ever mapped the trails in
    Ontario,
    > > Canada. I've been trying to find a site or progrma to help in doing
    that.

    > I host the USA mirror site for a nice shareware program called gartrip. I would highly endorse it
    > for you described purpose. really easy to use and you can use just about _any_ map. simply pick
    > two know points and thr trak auto positions onthe map. really sweet, IMO
    >
    > http://www.gartrip.de/
    >
    > Download server (my site) in USA: http://www.shavings.net/GPS/gartrip/g205b_i.zip

    cheers!

  7. ----------
    In article <[email protected]>, ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote:

    > TBF wrote:
    >> "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >>>I have both the Delorme and Garmin product. Both are more than accurate enough for basic trail
    >>>mapping and trip planning.
    >>>
    >>>What exaclty are you looking to do with it? Tell us what are your needs and wants, and perhaps
    >>>I/we could give a more specific response
    >>>

    >> That's exactly why I want it. Nobody has ever mapped the trails in Ontario, Canada. I've been
    >> trying to find a site or progrma to help in doing that.
    >

    > I host the USA mirror site for a nice shareware program called gartrip. I would highly endorse it
    > for you described purpose. really easy to use and you can use just about _any_ map. simply pick
    > two know points and thr trak auto positions onthe map. really sweet, IMO
    >
    > http://www.gartrip.de/
    >
    > Download server (my site) in USA: http://www.shavings.net/GPS/gartrip/g205b_i.zip

    Hey Clyde, Could you recommend a GPS receiver that would be useful for kayaking as well as
    bicycling? Small, waterproof and with a mounting bracket. With Mac compatible software. Thanks

    Paul

  8. Paul MacIntyre wrote:
    > Hey Clyde, Could you recommend a GPS receiver that would be useful for kayaking as well as
    > bicycling? Small, waterproof

    Garmin eTrex

    > and with a mounting bracket.

    Use a unversal cell phone holder