Topo Maps

www.topozone.come

> Or software program?

I have both the Delorme and Garmin product. Both are more than accurate enough for basic trail
mapping and trip planning.

What exaclty are you looking to do with it? Tell us what are your needs and wants, and perhaps I/we
could give a more specific response

> TBF wrote:
> > Anyone know of a good site to get topographic maps of North America?
>
> www.topozone.come
>

> > Or software program?
>
> I have both the Delorme and Garmin product. Both are more than accurate enough for basic trail
> mapping and trip planning.
>
> What exaclty are you looking to do with it? Tell us what are your needs and wants, and perhaps
> I/we could give a more specific response

That's exactly why I want it. Nobody has ever mapped the trails in Ontario, Canada. I've been trying
to find a site or progrma to help in doing that.

TBF wrote:
> "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>I have both the Delorme and Garmin product. Both are more than accurate enough for basic trail
>>mapping and trip planning.
>>
>>What exaclty are you looking to do with it? Tell us what are your needs and wants, and perhaps
>>I/we could give a more specific response
>>

> That's exactly why I want it. Nobody has ever mapped the trails in Ontario, Canada. I've been
> trying to find a site or progrma to help in doing that.

I host the USA mirror site for a nice shareware program called gartrip. I would highly endorse it
for you described purpose. really easy to use and you can use just about _any_ map. simply pick two
know points and thr trak auto positions onthe map. really sweet, IMO

http://www.gartrip.de/

Download server (my site) in USA: http://www.shavings.net/GPS/gartrip/g205b_i.zip

> TBF wrote:
> > "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >>I have both the Delorme and Garmin product. Both are more than accurate enough for basic trail
> >>mapping and trip planning.
> >>
> >>What exaclty are you looking to do with it? Tell us what are your needs and wants, and perhaps
> >>I/we could give a more specific response
> >>

> > That's exactly why I want it. Nobody has ever mapped the trails in
Ontario,
> > Canada. I've been trying to find a site or progrma to help in doing
that.

> I host the USA mirror site for a nice shareware program called gartrip. I would highly endorse it
> for you described purpose. really easy to use and you can use just about _any_ map. simply pick
> two know points and thr trak auto positions onthe map. really sweet, IMO
>
> http://www.gartrip.de/
>
> Download server (my site) in USA: http://www.shavings.net/GPS/gartrip/g205b_i.zip

cheers!

----------
In article <[email protected]>, ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote:

> TBF wrote:
>> "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>I have both the Delorme and Garmin product. Both are more than accurate enough for basic trail
>>>mapping and trip planning.
>>>
>>>What exaclty are you looking to do with it? Tell us what are your needs and wants, and perhaps
>>>I/we could give a more specific response
>>>

>> That's exactly why I want it. Nobody has ever mapped the trails in Ontario, Canada. I've been
>> trying to find a site or progrma to help in doing that.
>

> I host the USA mirror site for a nice shareware program called gartrip. I would highly endorse it
> for you described purpose. really easy to use and you can use just about _any_ map. simply pick
> two know points and thr trak auto positions onthe map. really sweet, IMO
>
> http://www.gartrip.de/
>
> Download server (my site) in USA: http://www.shavings.net/GPS/gartrip/g205b_i.zip

Hey Clyde, Could you recommend a GPS receiver that would be useful for kayaking as well as
bicycling? Small, waterproof and with a mounting bracket. With Mac compatible software. Thanks

Paul

Paul MacIntyre wrote:
> Hey Clyde, Could you recommend a GPS receiver that would be useful for kayaking as well as
> bicycling? Small, waterproof

Garmin eTrex

> and with a mounting bracket.

Use a unversal cell phone holder