Topographic Map Question

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Brian, Jan 7, 2006.

  1. Brian

    Brian Guest

    I looked a togopraphic map for Bloomsbury, NJ, and the topographic map
    had light brown contour lines, but it also had a dark brown line with
    the number 400 going along the line. Does this dark brown line with
    the number 400 going along it represent a trail?

    Brian

    Tags:

  2. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    Brian wrote:
    > I looked a togopraphic map for Bloomsbury, NJ, and the topographic map
    > had light brown contour lines, but it also had a dark brown line with
    > the number 400 going along the line. Does this dark brown line with
    > the number 400 going along it represent a trail?
    >
    > Brian

    Elevation

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  3. GeeDubb

    GeeDubb Guest

    "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Brian wrote:
    >> I looked a togopraphic map for Bloomsbury, NJ, and the topographic map
    >> had light brown contour lines, but it also had a dark brown line with
    >> the number 400 going along the line. Does this dark brown line with
    >> the number 400 going along it represent a trail?
    >>
    >> Brian
    >>

    > Elevation

    Oh my god I'm gettiing a nose bleed. Quick, somebody hand me the
    oxygen..........

    hehehehehe,

    Gary

  4. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    GeeDubb wrote:

    > "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Brian wrote:
    >>> I looked a togopraphic map for Bloomsbury, NJ, and the topographic map
    >>> had light brown contour lines, but it also had a dark brown line with
    >>> the number 400 going along the line. Does this dark brown line with
    >>> the number 400 going along it represent a trail?
    >>>
    >>> Brian
    >>>

    >> Elevation
    >>

    > Oh my god I'm gettiing a nose bleed. Quick, somebody hand me the
    > oxygen..........
    >
    > hehehehehe,
    >
    > Gary

    :p

    Hey, we do have a 1800'er in this state. http://tinyurl.com/bpq5g

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  5. JD

    JD Guest

    Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    > GeeDubb wrote:
    > >
    > > "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]

    > >> Elevation
    > >>

    > > Oh my god I'm gettiing a nose bleed. Quick, somebody hand me the
    > > oxygen..........
    > >
    > > hehehehehe,
    > >
    > > Gary

    > :p
    >
    > Hey, we do have a 1800'er in this state. http://tinyurl.com/bpq5g

    Multiply that x2 and you have my climb today.

    JD weakday ride

  6. Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    > GeeDubb wrote:
    >

    >> "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]

    >>> Elevation
    >>>

    >> Oh my god I'm gettiing a nose bleed. Quick, somebody hand me the
    >> oxygen..........
    >>
    >> hehehehehe,
    >>
    >> Gary

    > :p
    >
    > Hey, we do have a 1800'er in this state. http://tinyurl.com/bpq5g

    Heck, my daily riding is at 2200'... aren't you paddling at 400'? ;)

    Psycho Mike

  7. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    Brian wrote:
    > I looked a togopraphic map for Bloomsbury, NJ, and the topographic map
    > had light brown contour lines, but it also had a dark brown line with
    > the number 400 going along the line. Does this dark brown line with
    > the number 400 going along it represent a trail?
    >
    > Brian

    Yes, a very flat trail. ;^)