Topographic Maps?

tafi

Jul 31, 2003
I have been trying to find detailed enough road maps for the surrounds of sydney but can't seem to find any. I've tried getting blue mts, woollongong and central coast directories but they dont cover areas with few streets.
Realistically I need something with a liitle bit less detail than a topo but I may have to settle for this.

Does anyone know if there is a cd of topographic maps for nsw somewhere?

Cheers

Originally posted by tafi
I have been trying to find detailed enough road maps for the surrounds of sydney but can't seem to find any. I've tried getting blue mts, woollongong and central coast directories but they dont cover areas with few streets.
Realistically I need something with a liitle bit less detail than a topo but I may have to settle for this.

Cheers

Try accumulation of all NSW government agencies providing maps -

http://www.nsw.gov.au/search_results.asp?SEARCH_KEYS=Maps&SEARCH_FLAG=sub_link_type_search

Australian Geoscience are the producers of all Topographic maps in Australia.

I work at the QLD government agency that sells "topos" We are called Natural Resources and Mines but I think our southern equivalents (map sales) may be Parks and Wildlifes

There are a few digital products available which are really good especially if you have access to a decent printer.

tafi said:

Cheers
This probably won't help, but I think it's pretty cool. Go to http://maps.google.com/ It starts focused on the States (surprisingly), but zoom out a bit, then move to Australia, and zoom in. You can flip between satellite & maps, and depending on the area, you can zoom into the street level.

In Adelaide, the Adelaide City council provides free maps of all the bikeways and tracks around the city. I'm sure Sydney would be able to do something similar - try checking out the city information centre in Sydney city centre. Another option would be to contact your regions bike advocacy group to point you in the right direction. BikeSA here in Adelaide are very helpful for
me! :)

Good luck mate!

tafi said:

Cheers

Wodge80 said:
In Adelaide, the Adelaide City council provides free maps of all the bikeways and tracks around the city. I'm sure Sydney would be able to do something similar - try checking out the city information centre in Sydney city centre. Another option would be to contact your regions bike advocacy group to point you in the right direction. BikeSA here in Adelaide are very helpful for
me! :)

Good luck mate!
The RTA does provide good maps for free, but they're not topographic. 1:50,000 and 1:100,000 topographic maps are available for the whole of NSW; the latter are best for cycling, in my opinion. Camping stores or map shops stock them; a quick walk around the CBD would provide what you want.