Topolino wheels in Melbourne?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Claes, Jun 6, 2005.

  1. Claes

    Claes New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2004
    Anyone know of a shop that sell topolino wheels in Melbourne?
    They are tasty. :) And almost 0.5kgs lighter than what is on now. Might help in the BR. :)

    Tags:

  2. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    "Claes" wrote in message ...

    > Anyone know of a shop that sell topolino wheels in Melbourne?
    > They are tasty. :) And almost 0.5kgs lighter than what is on now. Might
    > help in the BR. :)

    no.. getting out of bed on time helps in a BR ;)

    cheers
    GPL

  3. Claes

    Claes New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2004
    He he, sure does, but I was UP on time this sunday, but I felt shite, so I am glad I went back to bed, I would have died.

  4. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    online

    http://www.phantomcycles.com.au/product.php?productid=1568

    might be cheaper OS tho. still they get rated stronger AND lighter than 'common-as-muck' kieseeriums :rolleyes:

    PS phantom also stock other Maxxis tyres so might be worth asking em if they can get those road tyres you were after too?

  5. Claes

    Claes New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2004
    Cheers mate, I found that URL too, but I would want to have a look at them in the flesh first. For some reason, I either ride campag wheels, or something else that I feel for, for some reason Mavics does not do it for me. Nothing wrong with the wheels though.

  6. Claes

    Claes New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2004
    FD, what you think about this one?Jamis 853

  7. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    meh! turns out my 853 is 'ok' but insurance cheque means i can now get a... oh, you'll just have to wait and see :D

  8. Claes

    Claes New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2004
    No no, no fekking way, you are not doing this to us. Tell us, NOW! :)
    We wanna be part of your decision.

  9. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    bwahahahahahah! :D

    the powwwwerrr! er, yeah, um

    Well, Jazmo knows (maybe) but he's NOT to tell!

    You'll just have to rock up to BR52 to see it in the flesh :D

    Clue: its not green :rolleyes:

  10. Claes

    Claes New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2004
    You b*tch, now I wont be able to sleep tonight. Not Green? Just means not your old bike, but we knew that already. More clues otherwise it is too hard. Is the full carbon thingie you were looking at?

  11. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    It's got bits of green though .. sorta anyway ...

  12. Jay Woo

    Jay Woo Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:

    > the powwwwerrr! er, yeah, um
    >
    > Well, Jazmo knows (maybe) but he's NOT to tell!
    >
    > You'll just have to rock up to BR52 to see it in the flesh :D
    >
    > Clue: its not green :rolleyes:

    Looks like its time to run a book on 'What bike is FD gettin'
    >From the clues giving thus far I'm going a Be-arch-i (Bianchi).

    Anyone else care to take a punt?

  13. Resound

    Resound Guest

    "Bleve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > It's got bits of green though .. sorta anyway ...

    Bits of green? Carbon Bianchi? I shall envy you in bianchi green if it is.
    Hell, I probably will even if it's not.

  14. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    CLUE no 2: Green by Stealth

  15. Claes

    Claes New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2004
    Please no Bianchi, I have problems with that brand, it used to be a poser brand in sweden, with lo end bianchis ridden by kids that wanted to be cool but did not cycle. So I am damaged goods in that respect. :)

  16. Claes

    Claes New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2004
    Green by stealth? WTF, stop playing now, my english is too poor to get this.
    Gaaaah.

  17. Carl Brewer

    Carl Brewer Guest

    On 6 Jun 2005 05:37:09 -0700, "Jay Woo" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >flyingdutch wrote:
    >
    >> the powwwwerrr! er, yeah, um
    >>
    >> Well, Jazmo knows (maybe) but he's NOT to tell!
    >>
    >> You'll just have to rock up to BR52 to see it in the flesh :D
    >>
    >> Clue: its not green :rolleyes:

    >Looks like its time to run a book on 'What bike is FD gettin'
    >>From the clues giving thus far I'm going a Be-arch-i (Bianchi).

    >Anyone else care to take a punt?

    I'm tipping it'll be organic.

  18. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    those with inside info should hush!

  19. craigster_jd

    craigster_jd New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2004
    Did anyone else see the German film SBS showed on Saturday night 'Madchen Madchen' (Girls on Top) ?

    It was about three 18 year old girls who go about having their first orgasms. The first one is bought a new bicycle by her parents, and whilst riding around Munich, well... the high saddle and the cobbled streets basicly does the job, if you get my drift. (Cue 'When Harry Met Sally' style scene in which a passing female car passenger comments to her husband, 'Next time _we're_ taking our bicycles').

    Anyway, the make of bicycle? Bianchi of course.

  20. PiledHigher

    PiledHigher New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2003