Topolino wheels in Melbourne?

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 10:56:55 +1000, flyingdutch
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Carl Brewer Wrote:
>>
>> I'm tipping it'll be organic.

>those with inside info should hush!

I bet the rims aren't wood, and the tubes aren't solid.

craigster_jd wrote:

> Claes Wrote:
> > Please no Bianchi, I have problems with that brand, it used to be a
> > poser brand in sweden, with lo end bianchis ridden by kids that wanted
> > to be cool but did not cycle. So I am damaged goods in that respect. :)

> Did anyone else see the German film SBS showed on Saturday night
> 'Madchen Madchen' (Girls on Top) ?
>
> It was about three 18 year old girls who go about having their first
> orgasms. The first one is bought a new bicycle by her parents, and
> whilst riding around Munich, well... the high saddle and the cobbled
> streets basicly does the job, if you get my drift. (Cue 'When Harry Met
> Sally' style scene in which a passing female car passenger comments to
> her husband, 'Next time _we're_ taking our bicycles').
>
> Anyway, the make of bicycle? Bianchi of course.
>
> --
> craigster_jd

ROFLMAO

So wanting to orgasm is a justifiable reason for cycle touring in
Europe...

(better blog this!)

Tam

"Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> craigster_jd wrote:
>>
>> Claes Wrote:
>> > Please no Bianchi, I have problems with that brand, it used to be a
>> > poser brand in sweden, with lo end bianchis ridden by kids that wanted
>> > to be cool but did not cycle. So I am damaged goods in that respect. :)

>> Did anyone else see the German film SBS showed on Saturday night
>> 'Madchen Madchen' (Girls on Top) ?
>>
>> It was about three 18 year old girls who go about having their first
>> orgasms. The first one is bought a new bicycle by her parents, and
>> whilst riding around Munich, well... the high saddle and the cobbled
>> streets basicly does the job, if you get my drift. (Cue 'When Harry Met
>> Sally' style scene in which a passing female car passenger comments to
>> her husband, 'Next time _we're_ taking our bicycles').
>>
>> Anyway, the make of bicycle? Bianchi of course.
>>
>> --
>> craigster_jd

> ROFLMAO
>
> So wanting to orgasm is a justifiable reason for cycle touring in
> Europe...
>
> (better blog this!)
>
> Tam

Wanting to orgasm has been the motivation (if not the actual excuse given)
for a remarkable number of acts. Some of which I'm not even ashamed.

craigster_jd said:
Anyway, the make of bicycle? Bianchi of course.

maybe... ;) definetely none of that pukey celest tho

i better put on some weight as this thing is likely to float away
(compared to the 853 steed anyway).

On 2005-06-07, craigster_jd (aka Bruce)

> Claes Wrote:
>> Please no Bianchi, I have problems with that brand, it used to be a
>> poser brand in sweden, with lo end bianchis ridden by kids that wanted
>> to be cool but did not cycle. So I am damaged goods in that respect. :)

> Did anyone else see the German film SBS showed on Saturday night
> 'Madchen Madchen' (Girls on Top) ?

Damn. Missed that :)

(Got to get someone to tape Miles Davis for me tonight. Need better
reception, dammit!)

"Consider a spherical bear, in simple harmonic motion..."
-- Professor in the UCB physics department

On 2005-06-06, Carl Brewer (aka Bruce)
> On 6 Jun 2005 05:37:09 -0700, "Jay Woo" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>Looks like its time to run a book on 'What bike is FD gettin'
>>>From the clues giving thus far I'm going a Be-arch-i (Bianchi).

>>Anyone else care to take a punt?

> I'm tipping it'll be organic.

Carbon, sure, but you want hydrogen and oxygen in your bikes?

Disclaimer: Due to feline interference, this post may contain typographical
errors.

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 15:32:17 +1000, TimC
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On 2005-06-06, Carl Brewer (aka Bruce)
>> On 6 Jun 2005 05:37:09 -0700, "Jay Woo" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>Looks like its time to run a book on 'What bike is FD gettin'
>>>Anyone else care to take a punt?

>> I'm tipping it'll be organic.

>Carbon, sure, but you want hydrogen and oxygen in your bikes?

the hydrogen's a given, there'll be oils in there somewhere, and
oxygen's a little difficult to eliminate completely

flyingdutch wrote:
> Claes Wrote:
>
>>No no, no fekking way, you are not doing this to us. Tell us, NOW! :)
>>We wanna be part of your decision.

> bwahahahahahah! :D
>
> the powwwwerrr! er, yeah, um
>
> Well, Jazmo knows (maybe) but he's NOT to tell!
>
> You'll just have to rock up to BR52 to see it in the flesh :D
>
> Clue: its not green :rolleyes:

does it come with a matching pump?

DaveB

DaveB said:
does it come with a matching pump?

DaveB

HAHA!

that's a big 'NO' charlie-alpha. Besides wasnt Jazmo's pump some form of italian sausage?

F"is that a track pump in your pocket?"Dutch

flyingdutch said:
HAHA!

that's a big 'NO' charlie-alpha. Besides wasnt Jazmo's pump some form of italian sausage?

F"is that a track pump in your pocket?"Dutch
So ASFAIK we can tell, it is a bianchi, not celeste green, then silver or black, made of carbon. Has a whiff of compact geometry about it but not much at all. Correct? Just realise, it will slow your topspeed a few k to what you had before. Your old roadie was more aero than that thing, fat tubes, not earo. He he, I can not wait to see when you go slower down the hills. :)
Muuhhaaahhhaaahhaa. ;)

Claes wrote:
> flyingdutch Wrote:
>
>>HAHA!
>>
>>that's a big 'NO' charlie-alpha. Besides wasnt Jazmo's pump some form
>>of italian sausage?
>>
>>F"is that a track pump in your pocket?"Dutch

> So ASFAIK we can tell, it is a bianchi, not celeste green, then silver
> or black, made of carbon. Has a whiff of compact geometry about it but
> not much at all. Correct? Just realise, it will slow your topspeed a
> few k to what you had before. Your old roadie was more aero than that
> thing, fat tubes, not earo. He he, I can not wait to see when you go
> slower down the hills. :)
> Muuhhaaahhhaaahhaa. ;)

yes but the slower bike will be more than amply compensated for with the
added weight of Dutchy out to pasture for a few weeks. If it wasn't for
post crash fear factor I'd be betting a new downhill record would be set.

DaveB

DaveB wrote:

> Claes wrote:
> > flyingdutch Wrote:
> >
> >>HAHA!
> >>
> >>that's a big 'NO' charlie-alpha. Besides wasnt Jazmo's pump some form
> >>of italian sausage?
> >>
> >>F"is that a track pump in your pocket?"Dutch

> > So ASFAIK we can tell, it is a bianchi, not celeste green, then silver
> > or black, made of carbon. Has a whiff of compact geometry about it but
> > not much at all. Correct? Just realise, it will slow your topspeed a
> > few k to what you had before. Your old roadie was more aero than that
> > thing, fat tubes, not earo. He he, I can not wait to see when you go
> > slower down the hills. :)
> > Muuhhaaahhhaaahhaa. ;)
> >

> yes but the slower bike will be more than amply compensated for with the
> added weight of Dutchy out to pasture for a few weeks. If it wasn't for
> post crash fear factor I'd be betting a new downhill record would be set.
>
> DaveB

I thought post crash fear factors were location specific? I'm still not
concerned anywhere else on my commute, except for that nasty, nasty
corner, especially if Absent Husband is in front of me!

Tam

DaveB said:
Claes wrote:
> flyingdutch Wrote:
>
>>HAHA!
>>
>>that's a big 'NO' charlie-alpha. Besides wasnt Jazmo's pump some form
>>of italian sausage?
>>
>>F"is that a track pump in your pocket?"Dutch

> So ASFAIK we can tell, it is a bianchi, not celeste green, then silver
> or black, made of carbon. Has a whiff of compact geometry about it but
> not much at all. Correct? Just realise, it will slow your topspeed a
> few k to what you had before. Your old roadie was more aero than that
> thing, fat tubes, not earo. He he, I can not wait to see when you go
> slower down the hills. :)
> Muuhhaaahhhaaahhaa. ;)

yes but the slower bike will be more than amply compensated for with the
added weight of Dutchy out to pasture for a few weeks. If it wasn't for
post crash fear factor I'd be betting a new downhill record would be set.

DaveB
Well, the bike will be lighter too. :) Will the bike be as much lighter as FD gets bulkier? Hmm, interesting. :) Where are you FD, comment. :)

Has anyone dealt with those phantom cycle guys, that carry the topolino?

Claes said:
Well, the bike will be lighter too. :) Will the bike be as much lighter as FD gets bulkier? Hmm, interesting. :) Where are you FD, comment. :)

Alright, alright... cant keep a secret too well hidden apparently

its one of these, plus getting a clear-gloss paintjob over it to make it easier to clean (and cos it'll be 'different' :D)

http://gianni.bianchiusa.com/2003/site/bikes/39_Carbon_Chorus.html
using my 04Chorus and Proton wheels (not 'silliums'). notice no puky celeste...

As for going down hill, that's the bit that has me worried about getting out on the BR's again! My shoulder is 'OK' apart from standing and going over bumps and downhill. An the confidence is still shot to relative pieces at the moment. Im still freakin out at lil' ol' ladies walkin along the footpath.
commuting has been rather 'cruisy', to say the least. still its riding.

As for weight, I am about 1kg up (85kg!!!) on when i stopped riding as i previously had a great habit of keeping up the hoovering-eating/drinking-habits when i stopped riding for patches (refer OS trip in Feb :rolleyes: ) and Im goin down 'the hill' last to make sure you nutters dont spook me.
But who cares, it'll be riding and i cant wait :D:D:D

flyingdutch said:
[...]

Ok, it is one of those, from now on, I will call you beach road poser. How do you like that? ;)

Yeah, you go last, I know you'll be coming screaming past us anyway. Fekk, if you fall at 65 k or 85 k, I reckon the difference is none, ambulance in both cases. :) Will be good to see you out there again. I'll hold your hand if it is necessary, but methinks you will be ok. Maybe we can ride in a ring around you? Sort of the have to get us before they can get to you? I can wear viking helmet too..Hmm, nah, that will definitely slow me down downhill. :)

Tamyka Bell wrote:

> I thought post crash fear factors were location specific? I'm still not
> concerned anywhere else on my commute, except for that nasty, nasty
> corner, especially if Absent Husband is in front of me!
>
> Tam

I reckon it took me 9 months to come good on the fear factor on
downhills, 45kmh was my limit. I just kept thinking about how much it
was going to hurt if I came off (and how my wife was going to ban me
from riding). Getting the OCR2 was a big step forward as it was a lot
more stable over bumps than my old bike.

DaveB

DaveB wrote:

> Tamyka Bell wrote:
> >
> > I thought post crash fear factors were location specific? I'm still not
> > concerned anywhere else on my commute, except for that nasty, nasty
> > corner, especially if Absent Husband is in front of me!
> >
> > Tam

> I reckon it took me 9 months to come good on the fear factor on
> downhills, 45kmh was my limit. I just kept thinking about how much it
> was going to hurt if I came off (and how my wife was going to ban me
> from riding). Getting the OCR2 was a big step forward as it was a lot
> more stable over bumps than my old bike.
>
> DaveB

Hehehe I'd like to overcome my fear of UPhill then...

Tam

Claes said:
Has anyone dealt with those phantom cycle guys, that carry the topolino?

Yep, dealt with them from Perth. 4 or 5 times. Items like tyres, tubes, saddle. Always good.

Was looking to buy some lightweight wheels from them that they had on special. Got good advice from them not to buy them, as they would not have been the best for the purpose (and under a draught horse like me). I always think that a shop that gives good advice at the cost of a sale to them gets extra points for honesty.

SteveA