Topolino wheelsets

larry barr

Jul 28, 2003
Does anyone know anything about these wheels. The only info I can find is published by the manufacturer. Call me a cynic, but a little outside verification is always nice. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by larry barr
Does anyone know anything about these wheels. The only info I can find is published by the manufacturer. Call me a cynic, but a little outside verification is always nice. Thanks in advance.

I have a good friend who just got some. They are everything the web site says they are. Very light, reasonably stiff (Stiffer than Spinergy SPOX for example), and spin up very quickly. He said that he could notice the difference on climbs. He raced on them last weekend in the State Championship (where he placed 5th in the criterium!) and he was thrilled with them.

Check them out and see what you think. They've only had one spoke break on their wheels. (And they'd know, because you have to replace one side of the wheel if you brake a spoke - since the spokes thread through the hub to the opposite side of the rim.) They don't know what caused the breakage, but they suspect it was some kind of warranty-voiding activity like cyclocross riding or something. (You'll void the warranty if you ride these offroad).

Originally posted by PSR
I have a good friend who just got some. They are everything the web site says they are. Very light, reasonably stiff (Stiffer than Spinergy SPOX for example), and spin up very quickly. He said that he could notice the difference on climbs. He raced on them last weekend in the State Championship (where he placed 5th in the criterium!) and he was thrilled with them.

Check them out and see what you think. They've only had one spoke break on their wheels. (And they'd know, because you have to replace one side of the wheel if you brake a spoke - since the spokes thread through the hub to the opposite side of the rim.) They don't know what caused the breakage, but they suspect it was some kind of warranty-voiding activity like cyclocross riding or something. (You'll void the warranty if you ride these offroad).

Thanks for the feedback. New technology is always a little scary. Now I just need to convince my wife of this urgent need for new wheels. Any advice on that?