TOque 2005 Pictures! All 159 of them!!

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by lilfunky1, Mar 8, 2005.

  1. lilfunky1

    lilfunky1 Guest

    I'm a shutterbug. I'll gladly admit it. Sadly, because I was entered
    in the beginner categories, I wasn't also taking pictures!! Therefore I
    only have 159 pictures to share with all of you from Saturday and Sunday
    (Battaries died on Friday)

    Still. 159 pictures is a lot for 2 days worth of shooting!

    You'll have to tilt your head for a few, I havn't had time to rotate the
    pictures, but I will soon! Like after I finish school! (another few
    weeks)

    ENJOY!

    http://lilfunky1.com/unicycle/toque2005/

    And I would like to thank everyone who put in all their effort to making
    it such a kick(butt) event!! I'm still wearing my hoodie. Whee!

    --
    lilfunky1 - Trials Wannabe

    "I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down! This should be every boy's
    dream!"
    ~Bart Simpson

    ~lilfunky1
    lilfunky1's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7361

  2. i think this is ryan jumping over 3 of us...?

    [image: http://lilfunky1.com/unicycle/toque2005/images/DSCN2794.jpg]

    --
    hungfromhooks - uni newbie

    Philip Barbosa

    people photographer- side show performer - newbie unicyclist

    Witness an average man, flesh skewered deeply and imbedded with shark
    fishing hooks! Marvel as a mere mortal fueled only by free will...
    Ferociosly Pulls, twists, and stretches hooked apendages to transform
    the pastey dermal landscape of his own hide and finally ascend to new
    heights, literally!" This is NO ILLUSION! What you will see is real...
    and remember ladies and gentlemen all this done without the assistance
    of his unicycle.
    hungfromhooks's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6954

  3. Evan Byrne

    Evan Byrne Guest

  4. Zack took first in one catagory i know of, i'm not sure if i am supposed
    to give away all the results i can remeber so i wont. be patient and
    wait for Carl Hoyer to announce them.

    i can say meeting everyone at TOque was one amazing experience. met so
    many amazing riders and people! i hope i will see you all again very
    soon!

    perhaps there should be a TOQUE memories thread in general discussion...
    or maybe its more of a what happened at TOQUE stays at TOQUE?

    --
    hungfromhooks - uni newbie

    Philip Barbosa

    people photographer- side show performer - newbie unicyclist

    Witness an average man, flesh skewered deeply and imbedded with shark
    fishing hooks! Marvel as a mere mortal fueled only by free will...
    Ferociosly Pulls, twists, and stretches hooked apendages to transform
    the pastey dermal landscape of his own hide and finally ascend to new
    heights, literally!" This is NO ILLUSION! What you will see is real...
    and remember ladies and gentlemen all this done without the assistance
    of his unicycle.
    hungfromhooks's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6954

  5. Evan Byrne

    Evan Byrne Guest

  6. lilfunky1

    lilfunky1 Guest

    hookboy: it should be... no one else was jumping over people. that
    might have been when ryan nicked you too.

    the look on sarah's face! hahaha!

    and to everyone, i'm sorry i goofed! i was in a rush to upload the
    gallery so everyone could see, and didn't even look to see that i had my
    little (c)lilfunky1.com in the middle of the picture (on my own computer
    i have it default to the bottom right!)

    i'll fix it soon and re-load them.

    my favourite is the one I got of dan heaton doing the highjump. because
    i actually got him over the bar, and the best is in the bottom right
    corner, is someone's screen from their camcorder. whoo! picture in
    picture!

    --
    lilfunky1 - Trials Wannabe

    "I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down! This should be every boy's
    dream!"
    ~Bart Simpson

    ~lilfunky1
    lilfunky1's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7361

  7. lilfunky1

    lilfunky1 Guest

    videos are going to have to wait until the next DVD comes out, lest I
    get sued by jeff and dan for taping inside the competition area, or by
    the union people who "own" the building for broadcasting more than 2
    minutes worth!!

    or you'll just have to wait til i get my computer back up and running!

    --
    lilfunky1 - Trials Wannabe

    "I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down! This should be every boy's
    dream!"
    ~Bart Simpson

    ~lilfunky1
    lilfunky1's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7361

  8. Thanks for all the pictures. When am I going to get to meet all these
    people? :) Maybe when Unicon comes to Australia in 2010. ;) This
    obstacle - http://tinyurl.com/49lqf - is beautiful! Who built it? Did
    it hold up well to all the abuse? Did anyone clean the line (posts
    only)? Did anyone clean it without pedal grabs? I love that sort of
    trials line...awesome stuff!

    Andrew

    --
    andrew_carter - Learning to unicycle...

    *http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/andrew*
    http://www.unicycles.com.au
    unicycling tips and tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com
    *'my big movie (51mb, divx)' (http://tinyurl.com/4bxdl)*

  9. Zzagg

    Zzagg Guest

    > This obstacle - http://lilfunky1.com/unicycle/toque...es/DSCN2758.htm
    > - is beautiful!

    I agree, when I saw it I Thought "Wouaouh... we need such an obstacle
    for our future trial uni park"
    d'you think you could clear it Andrew? I'm sure you can;)

    --
    Zzagg - froggy uni

    Zzagg - Team Air Circus (Nantes)

    Riding day, dream away...
    Still riding, still dreaming.
    Zzagg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6847

  10. lilfunky1

    lilfunky1 Guest

    andrew_carter wrote:
    > *Who built it? Did it hold up well to all the abuse? Did anyone
    > clean the line (posts only)? Did anyone clean it without pedal grabs?
    > I love that sort of trials line...awesome stuff! *

    Hey andrew.

    Ryan is the one who designed it, and I think just everyone from the
    Toronto Unicyclists helped build it. Ryan was also the only person to
    clear all 6 poles, and it took him over an hour and a half to do it.

    Zac probably could have cleared it too, he was doing just as well as
    Ryan, but they ran out of time.

    --
    lilfunky1 - Trials Wannabe

    "I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down! This should be every boy's
    dream!"
    ~Bart Simpson

    ~lilfunky1
    lilfunky1's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7361

  11. johnfoss

    johnfoss Guest

    Thanks for posting all the pictures! As for winners, I seemed to notice
    Zack in one of the side positions in at least two shots. But I can't
    tell if the trunk is second place, or the hood? I assume the roof (Ryan)
    is first place. Congratulations to all you sick Trials riders! Wish I
    could have been there too.

    --
    johnfoss - The wilder Wilder

    John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

    "Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

  12. KcTheAcy

    KcTheAcy Guest

    Cool pictures,
    The roof is first the trunk is second and the hood is third.
    Here is one of the pics I took of the trials results. (The hood is lower
    than the trunk) http://gallery.unicyclist.com/TOque2005

    [image:
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/album505/DSCF2168.sized.jpg]

    --
    KcTheAcy - Ohh Baby

    --Kaycee
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Kaycees-Unicycle-gallery

    http://www.maineunicyclist.2ya.com/
    KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003

  13. uniracer

    uniracer Guest

  14. KcTheAcy

    KcTheAcy Guest

    uniracer wrote:
    > *there was a high jump contest i believe right? if so anybody know
    > what the highest was? *

    I belive it was 92 cm done by Ryan.

    I think Zack almost got 90 but his pedal kept hitting on the way down,
    not sure though.

    --
    KcTheAcy - Ohh Baby

    --Kaycee