TOque Pictures

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by KcTheAcy, Mar 5, 2005.

  1. KcTheAcy

    KcTheAcy Guest

    Tags:

  2. CRAZY legs

    CRAZY legs Guest

  3. KcTheAcy

    KcTheAcy Guest

    I put captions up for most of the pictures. If one says "Name?" or
    doesnt have a caption feel free to tell me who it is in the comment and
    I will change it. I couldent upload todays pictures because the
    batteries were dead.

    --
    KcTheAcy - Ohh Baby

    --Kaycee
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Kaycees-Unicycle-gallery

    http://www.maineunicyclist.2ya.com/
    KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003

  4. lilfunky1

    lilfunky1 Guest

    ughs those bright yellow shorts make my butt look big!

    great pictures! unfortunatly my camera battaries died the second i
    turned it on yesterday. i got some good pictures today that i'm going
    to work on putting online. maybe i can figure out if new-ish users can
    upload gallaries here yet or not.

    --
    lilfunky1 - Trials Wannabe

    "I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down! This should be every boy's
    dream!"
    ~Bart Simpson

    ~lilfunky1
    lilfunky1's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7361

  5. Erin

    Erin Guest

  6. unicycle_x

    unicycle_x Guest

    hey KC that rock paper scissors was intense, sorry it had to end that
    way....i really do think we should have done a jump off.

    Budd White

    --
    unicycle_x - -MUni Militia-

    "When you can do the common things of life in an uncommon way, you will
    camand the attention of the world"
    -Anonymous
    unicycle_x's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3781

  7. KcTheAcy

    KcTheAcy Guest

    Ya, But my legs just dident have any more jump left in them so I though
    I would have a better chance with the RPS, Oh well.

    P.S. I am working on getting the rest of the pictures up now.

    --
    KcTheAcy - Ohh Baby

    --Kaycee
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Kaycees-Unicycle-gallery

    http://www.maineunicyclist.2ya.com/
    KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003

  8. KcTheAcy

    KcTheAcy Guest

    All of my pictures are finally up, after many technical difficulties.
    About 380 total.

    Captions comming soon, feel free to add comments to the pictures.

    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/TOque2005

    --
    KcTheAcy - Ohh Baby

    --Kaycee
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Kaycees-Unicycle-gallery

    http://www.maineunicyclist.2ya.com/
    KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003

  9. jsm

    jsm Guest

  10. KcTheAcy

    KcTheAcy Guest

    jsm wrote:
    > *What? Was the whole event nothing but trials? I didn't even see any
    > street or MUni type stuff in there, let alone _freestyle_ riding. *

    There was all of this going on. During the UMX (muni) my mom was video
    taping and only got a few shots. (You can tell if i took a picture or if
    my mom did by if me or my brother are in the picture) There was some
    amazing freestyle being done during the demos (Stuff as advanced as
    stand up coasting). Many people would work on free style skills when the
    trials course was closed. (I got backwards 1 ft down alright and managed
    to stand up wheel walk 15 ft) Dan was doing some cool freestyle/street
    stuff i had never seen befor and Jack was also doing a lot of cool
    freestyle stuff.

    As for street, there were some group street rides, but there weren’t
    many good locations.

    But yes, TOque is mainly a trials event.

    Just because there aren’t pictures of something doesn’t mean it didn’t
    happen.

    --
    KcTheAcy - Ohh Baby

    --Kaycee
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Kaycees-Unicycle-gallery

    http://www.maineunicyclist.2ya.com/
    KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003

  11. Murde Mental

    Murde Mental Guest

    SWEEEEEEEEET! I'm in there!

    Thanks K-C!

    oh and damn..that uni looks huge in one of the pictures...what gives?

    --
    Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

    I own Total_Uni's soul
    and yes this means I also own your soul Evan_Byrne.
    Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

  12. KcTheAcy

    KcTheAcy Guest

  13. Murde Mental

    Murde Mental Guest

  14. KcTheAcy

    KcTheAcy Guest

    Murde Mental wrote:
    > *your Bro's new Kh 2005
    >

    > man you must be one jealous suckah! *

    It might look bigger because the post is not cut,
    Darren cut the post down for him as seen here...(note the pipe cutter)
    [image:
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/album505/DSCF2196.sized.jpg]
    and today we cut the seat like Ryan's....Oh and I am not jealous.....
    [image:
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/album505/DSCF2187.sized.jpg]

    P.S. Ya it does look strangly large in that pic, even if the seat was
    cut then.

    --
    KcTheAcy - Ohh Baby

    --Kaycee
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Kaycees-Unicycle-gallery

    http://www.maineunicyclist.2ya.com/
    KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003

  15. darchibald

    darchibald Guest

    Yeah Kayc,
    Sweet pics, there are a few good ones of me in there, haha. Just by
    trying to upload mine I understand how much work it is. Do you do them
    one by one? If not how? How many medals did you end up with? Three?
    Four?

    It was the time of my life, seriously. I will definitely be there in
    years to come. I won the intermediate trials which I was stoked about. I
    got a medal, and a hat and a tire in the draw which someone else can
    explain. I was the first in my class to do the box line and as far as I
    know, (you had to jump into a box then out the other side), and the only
    one to do the end to end car line I think. You pedal grabbed from a
    small ramp onto the back of the trunk but the trunk was so slick it was
    impossible to get a grip, everyone just kept sliding off, haha. If
    anyone was wondering why I was hammering the car with my uni it was to
    try and rough up the surface a little for grip, it didn't really work
    though. I was amazed I got 65 cm in high jump, 2.5 cm short of my record
    onto an object. It was my first time jumping a bar. I missed my first
    two attempts at 70 on the first day of high jump and had to do my last
    the next day which I missed horribly because I wasn't warmed up or in
    the zone anymore. Long jump I got 150 cm in the comp but 155 afterwards,
    I've never measured that kind of thing before so I don't know if that
    was good for me or not. I was blown away in the UMX. First real time on
    a 24, which I borrowed from a very nice guy (name?) that had the seat to
    high for me. It was my first time in real snow too, and I kept trying to
    put my weight on the pedals which was totally wrong, and I kept spinning
    out. Didn't hear the results for that but I was last in the first round
    heat. I got 360 uni-spins down, now working on 540's, 180'd a five set,
    did nine backwards, and almost cleared a seven before almost taking out
    an old man.

    Some of the craziest things I saw would have been Zack's about 30",
    pedal to pedal grab from the side of a spool to the four foot platform,
    Ryan's near BC wheel plate grab to the trunk of the car, about 3 feet. I
    never saw him land it but I saw him come close, plus it was right before
    I was leaving so he could have made it after. He made the height with
    ease. And finally in the best trick comp, Ryan's 6 foot drop to the
    metal pole skinny, shattering the spool it was supported by. That was
    nuts.

    A couple of us went for a short ride outside the venue on a couple sets,
    which was pretty sweet and then everyone came out and it was ok but not
    as great. Next year we should plan for a street ride like out on the
    town.

    I met a lot of really cool people too. Brian, Mike, Justin, Owen,
    Anthony (best accent I have ever heard), Kevin, Jess, Kaycee, Guillaume
    (pronounced Giome), Ben, Phil, Angela, Carl, Sara, plus a host of
    others.

    Brock I got some vid of the higher part of the high jump, one of the
    demo's (but it was a bad one, sloppy compared to the others), and almost
    the entire Ryan Leech demo for my brother.

    The highest in the high jump was Ryan with 92 cm, I believe, and Evan
    there was like 10 different events/categories so it isn't a given who
    won.

    The batteries died in my camera so I only got like ten up and they are
    mostly from the plane. But I got like a hundred to go.

    Angela and Kaycee, can i put some of your photo's of me in my gallery? I
    will credit you and put links to your respective galleries.

    It was sweet,
    David

    --
    darchibald - Trials and Street rider

    "There wouldn't be an 'us' if there wasn't a 'them'." - Gild
    darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

  16. Murde Mental

    Murde Mental Guest

    how can you NOT be jealous?

    I know I am just looking at it.

    Yeah, that's the pic...it looks so huge in it.

    --
    Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

    I own Total_Uni's soul
    and yes this means I also own your soul Evan_Byrne.
    Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

  17. KcTheAcy

    KcTheAcy Guest

    Great summary of some of the highlights David. You did awesome in the
    trials event! How many lines did you clear, I got 6.
    "can i put some of your photo's of me in my gallery? I will credit you
    and put links to your respective galleries." Sure!

    "how can you NOT be jealous? " Note the ...'s and the pic of me looking
    at it funny.

    Rember, if you see a picture of you or someone you know, just put the
    name in the comment, this will help prevent me miss spellings and I can
    just copy and paste:D

    Next year, is gonna be awesome.

    --
    KcTheAcy - Ohh Baby

    --Kaycee
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Kaycees-Unicycle-gallery

    http://www.maineunicyclist.2ya.com/
    KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003

  18. Murde Mental

    Murde Mental Guest

    hahaha yeah..it must've smelled like fritoes casue you're looking at it
    with a hungry stare!