Torelli Cyclocross Bike?

nusswag

Feb 1, 2006
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but here goes.

About 2 years ago I decided to get into road/cross riding as I had been exclusively a mountain biker to that point. Because of my "dirty" background, I couldn't let myslef go all-out road...which led me into cyclocross. So I picked up what has turned out to be one of the rarest frames I have seen (at least in southern Wisconsin). As far as I can tell it's a 2000-2001 Torelli cyclocross frame made of Columbus zonal tubing. I built it up in 2003 with a mix of Ultegra (rear der, sti shifters, bb) and 105 (crankset) components, a raw kinesis alum. fork, avid shorty brakes and some other standard parts (all New).

What I soon realized is that I really liked riding on road and don't need a 'cross bike. Because I have no basis for comparison, I'd like to find out through the wisdom of this forum what the bike is worth. I don't yet have pictures to post but I will soon. It's in near-pristine condition with one scuff in the paint on the down-tube due to poorly restraining it on a trunk rack.

Anyway, does anybody know anything about these bikes with regards to value? I'd kinda like to get into a road-specific bike and I may be selling the Torelli. I have some interested parties but I don't know what to say it's worth.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance.

Torelli frames are sweethearts...I've owned three, and my wife currently has one. The workmanship is meticulous, and the paint jobs are amazing, with the decals under the clearcoat. I only vaguely remember a cyclocross frame, but I'll guess it was $1,000 to $1,300 new? I'll e-mail Chairman Bill and find out. Unless someone knows what it is and appreciates it, you may just want to hold onto it.

Torelli has aluminum, ti, steel, and carbon frames with carbon seatstay and chainstay options, but I like their steel frames best. For $800 to $1,300 you can get a 3.6 lb. steel road frame that's a work of art. You can actually build a 16 lb. road bike with a steel frame!