Torker and KH

Unitik908

Guest
i was just looking on the product reveiws and im getting a KH saddle and
a torker lx for christmas and they said your gonna have to get a new
seat post to make it fit...... is this true i did i read it wrong

POW

--
Unitik908 - Level Four

"I'm not gay, but I wish I was so I could **** all the homophobes off."

--Kurt Cobain

Unitik908 wrote:
> *i was just looking on the product reveiws and im getting a KH saddle
> and a torker lx for christmas and they said your gonna have to get a
> new seat post to make it fit...... is this true i did i read it
> wrong
> *

Yes, that is true.

There are two different seat mounting bolt standards used for unicycle
seats in common use. There is the Miyata bolt pattern and the bolt
pattern used by Schwinn, Viscount, Semcycle, KH, Velo, and others. You
cannot fit a Miyata seat on a seatpost designed for a KH seat. You
cannot fit a KH seat on a seatpost designed for a Miyata seat. The
bolts just don't line up.

Here's a picture of a Miyata seatpost: 'Miyata seatpost'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=261)
Here's a picture of a KH/Schwinn/Semcycle seatpost: 'Semcycle seatpost'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=267)

You can see that the bolt holes are in different places for the two
seatposts. They are not interchangable.

George Barnes has made a universal seatpost that will fit both the
Miyata and the KH style seats: 'GB4 seatpost'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=608)
You can see the two different bolt patterns there.

The Torker LX has a Miyata style saddle. The seatpost that comes with
the Torker LX will not fit a KH saddle. You will need to get a new
seatpost if you want to use a KH saddle.

The good news is that Torker makes a seatpost that will fit the KH
saddle. The Torker DX ships with a seatpost to fit the KH saddle.

The Miyata style saddle that comes with the Torker LX is a good
freestyle saddle. For freestyle I prefer the Miyata style saddle to the
KH style saddle. Put a 'GB4 stiffener plate'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=607) in the Torker LX
saddle and it will hold up well for freestyle use.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

yes,very true but the seat that comes with the LX is a good seat so dont
worry. sit on it for awile.

getting a 25.4 seat post with the standard bolt pattern for your Torker
isnt hard, just order one from the same shop your LX came from.

the DX Torker line comes with the standard pattern (fits KH) and my shop
has ordered a couple just for this same reason.

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-Forget_Your_Life-
-------*muni militia *-------