Torker Backorder

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by Seager, Mar 2, 2005.

  1. Seager

    Seager Guest

    I'm wondering how many of us are waiting for a Torker LX or DX on
    backorder.

    I ordered an LX early January from a local bike shop and told about a
    week. A week later I got a call saying it was backordered and would be
    in Febuary 10th. On the 15th I went in and was told it'd be about 10
    more days. Today I called (March 2nd) and told MAYBE two more weeks,
    but no garuntee. They're getting their information from the importer.

    That will put my wait time to just over 2 months IF I get it in two
    weeks.

    Anyone else having a similar experience?

    --
    Seager - that one guy who does that stuff

    'Team RoadShow' (http://www.teamroadshow.com)
    Seager's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8840

  2. DigitalDave

    DigitalDave Guest

    wow ... that sux

    I must have got the last one in the USA

    --
    DigitalDave - Ðîgï†å||¥ ËñhÂÑ€èÐ

    'nf7-s ~ xp2400mobile'
    (http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=21988)
    '20,124 3dm01' (http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8399731)

    my will to live was stronger than my will to die. - iggy pop
    that which does not kill me, makes me stronger. - friedrich nietzsche

    DigitalDave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8003

  3. JenJen

    JenJen Guest

    Try ebay. I got mine off of their when the local bike stores were back
    orderd. I also wound up paying $50 less than the retail price.

    --
    JenJen - Monkeys Stole My Underwear

    ::*JenJen*::
    MSN - jenjen1313
    JenJen's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8182

  4. bugman

    bugman Guest

    I checked E-Bay the other day and they were mysteriously absent as well.

    --
    bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

    -"Worried about rising sea levels? Move into the hills! I might be a
    hillbilly but when you're drinking saltwater in the 2nd floor of your
    beach condo, my mullet will be drier than a can of Skoal left open on a
    sunny day."- - maestro8

    -"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who
    are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."- -
    Albert Einstein

  5. DigitalDave

    DigitalDave Guest

    There's a DX on 'Ebay for $149' (http://tinyurl.com/65mfr)

    GO and Get it NOW !

    --
    DigitalDave - Ðîgï†å||¥ ËñhÂÑ€èÐ

    'nf7-s ~ xp2400mobile'
    (http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=21988)
    '20,124 3dm01' (http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8399731)
    my will to live was stronger than my will to die. - iggy pop
    that which does not kill me, makes me stronger. - friedrich nietzsche
    1899
    if it's popular, then what's it got to do with us? - mens room wall
    DigitalDave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8003

  6. jagur

    jagur Guest

    i posted awile ago about the 2006 Torker DX series going up slightly in
    price. maybe they are bettering them again, thus the delay and back
    order.

    --
    jagur - Random Unicyclist

    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
    -forget_your_life-
    --------------------------------------
    -------*muni militia *-------
    *one wheeled death squad*

  7. bombsquad

    bombsquad Guest

    If you can't find one on E-Bay, amazon.com has them for 200 dollars I
    believe. In stock, since one of our guys just ordered one and it should
    be here today.

    --
    bombsquad - "Initial success or total failure"

    380th Expeditionary Explosive Ordnance Disposal Flight
    "If you see me running, try to catch up"

    bombsquad's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8880

  8. daino149

    daino149 Guest

    Someone posted posted about this site earlier:
    http://tinyurl.com/5uf5s

    I'm not sure if they are in stock, but it doesn't say they are -not- in
    stock. They also have pretty low prices and free shipping.

    --
    daino149 - On Vacation - till i find a job

    Check out my 'pics ' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/daino)
    'My X-a-n-g-a' (http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=fingerpies)
    I need to find a job

  9. DigitalDave

    DigitalDave Guest

    bombsquad wrote:
    > * since one of our guys just ordered one and it should be here today.
    > *

    UniBombers ... lol

    Congrats in recruiting a new uni-bomber :D