Torker DX

Well then it's not the weight that is holding you back, you need to work
on your technique more. Just practice will improve that by alot. It's
not worth replacing the frame. I am riding a pretty heavy frame too and
I can do over 20". I actually just switched from a lighter frame and my
hop hight got higher (its not the frame that made it go up, I just
changed my technique a little.)

--
litldude2

Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
_____________________________

chosen wrote:
> wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

'Here is one thread that talks about it' (http://tinyurl.com/d38lm)

'And here is the thread about a really good tutorial by Ryan Atkins'
(http://tinyurl.com/8mc8h)
'And here is the direct link to the tutorial if you are lazy'
(http://tinyurl.com/c72pl)

Those are just a few things I found really quickly, if you search the
forums you will find alot more.

--

chosen wrote:
> wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

It's mostly personal preference, for seat in hops you want it relatively
low so you can tuck it up a little more. Later when you do seat in
front hops you will want it alot higher. Just put it where it feels the
most comfortable.

--

SamTheUniMan wrote:
> Oh yeah i meant to ask where the seat should come up to when your just
> standing next to it. Like at your head your knees what ever.

It's better not to "eyeball" it, but actually have the seat adjusted
-for you-.

For optimal riding performance, you want your legs to be fully extended
when they reach the pedals in their lowest position (6 o'clock). From
here you can lower the seat so that, when you hop and pull up on the
front of the seat/handle, you hop higher.

You can also practice seat-in-front (sif) hopping. This allows you to
hop even higher because you can pull the unicycle *way* up underneath
your body.

--
burjzyntski

It's no good being Polish unless you prove it once a day.

\"every silver lining has a touch of gray.\"
burjzyntski's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10188

Ok, i didint want to start a new DX thread so i am posting it here.
What can i do to make the DX into a trials uni? I am sorry if this had
been posted a million times. Any way could some one post links for
products that could make it better for trials? Thanks, Sam.

--
SamTheUniMan
SamTheUniMan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11399

SamTheUniMan wrote:
> Ok, i didint want to start a new DX thread so i am posting it here.
> What can i do to make the DX into a trials uni? I am sorry if this had
> been posted a million times. Any way could some one post links for
> products that could make it better for trials? Thanks, Sam.

The old all-black one, or the new one with red?

--
forrestunifreak

"I never thought I'd hear myself saying this but if it comes down to
blue nipples that are (weak), or plain strong ones, I'll most likely go
for the blue ones..."~Andrew Carter

you cant read this!
'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

Kind of, you can still use the seat and hub and cranks and pedals.
Everything else has to change. Cody made his dx into a trials uni, do a
search for "once upon a torker" or something like that and you can see
what he did.

--

chosen wrote:
> wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

heres my two sense on making your torker dx lighter...
YOU DONT NEED TO DO IT.
zee will contest, i ride an '06 torker dx... i hop higher than every
unicyclist i have met (and higher than several i have not yet met)
several feet is not a challange and i am new to trials (and unicycling
in general)

--
muzzle
muzzle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11458