Torker DX

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by SamTheUniMan, Dec 28, 2005.

  1. SamTheUniMan

    SamTheUniMan Guest

    Tags:

  2. SamTheUniMan

    SamTheUniMan Guest

    I know there was a allready a threak about this but because it cant jump
    as high because its heavier. I wouldnt be doing it long term just
    untill i get stronger or get a new frame.

    --
    SamTheUniMan
    SamTheUniMan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11399

  3. litldude2

    litldude2 Guest

    How high can you hop already?

    --
    litldude2

    Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
    Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
    _____________________________

    chosen wrote:
    > wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

  4. SamTheUniMan

    SamTheUniMan Guest

    Only 5-6 inches. It seems like there should just be some little thing
    that i am not doing thats messing me up or somthing its so frustrating
    not being able to even hop up a curb.

    --
    SamTheUniMan
    SamTheUniMan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11399

  5. litldude2

    litldude2 Guest

    Well then it's not the weight that is holding you back, you need to work
    on your technique more. Just practice will improve that by alot. It's
    not worth replacing the frame. I am riding a pretty heavy frame too and
    I can do over 20". I actually just switched from a lighter frame and my
    hop hight got higher (its not the frame that made it go up, I just
    changed my technique a little.)

    --

    chosen wrote:
    > wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

  6. SamTheUniMan

    SamTheUniMan Guest

  7. litldude2

    litldude2 Guest

    'Here is one thread that talks about it' (http://tinyurl.com/d38lm)

    'And here is the thread about a really good tutorial by Ryan Atkins'
    (http://tinyurl.com/8mc8h)
    'And here is the direct link to the tutorial if you are lazy'
    (http://tinyurl.com/c72pl)

    Those are just a few things I found really quickly, if you search the
    forums you will find alot more.

    --

    chosen wrote:
    > wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

  8. Zee

    Zee Guest

  9. SamTheUniMan

    SamTheUniMan Guest

  10. litldude2

    litldude2 Guest

    It's mostly personal preference, for seat in hops you want it relatively
    low so you can tuck it up a little more. Later when you do seat in
    front hops you will want it alot higher. Just put it where it feels the
    most comfortable.

    --

    chosen wrote:
    > wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

  11. burjzyntski

    burjzyntski Guest

    SamTheUniMan wrote:
    > Oh yeah i meant to ask where the seat should come up to when your just
    > standing next to it. Like at your head your knees what ever.

    It's better not to "eyeball" it, but actually have the seat adjusted
    -for you-.

    For optimal riding performance, you want your legs to be fully extended
    when they reach the pedals in their lowest position (6 o'clock). From
    here you can lower the seat so that, when you hop and pull up on the
    front of the seat/handle, you hop higher.

    You can also practice seat-in-front (sif) hopping. This allows you to
    hop even higher because you can pull the unicycle *way* up underneath
    your body.

    --
    burjzyntski

    It's no good being Polish unless you prove it once a day.

    \"every silver lining has a touch of gray.\"
    burjzyntski's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10188

  12. SamTheUniMan

    SamTheUniMan Guest

    Ok, i didint want to start a new DX thread so i am posting it here.
    What can i do to make the DX into a trials uni? I am sorry if this had
    been posted a million times. Any way could some one post links for
    products that could make it better for trials? Thanks, Sam.

    --

  13. SamTheUniMan wrote:
    > Ok, i didint want to start a new DX thread so i am posting it here.
    > What can i do to make the DX into a trials uni? I am sorry if this had
    > been posted a million times. Any way could some one post links for
    > products that could make it better for trials? Thanks, Sam.

    The old all-black one, or the new one with red?

    --
    forrestunifreak

    "I never thought I'd hear myself saying this but if it comes down to
    blue nipples that are (weak), or plain strong ones, I'll most likely go
    for the blue ones..."~Andrew Carter

    you cant read this!
    'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

  14. SamTheUniMan

    SamTheUniMan Guest

  15. litldude2

    litldude2 Guest

    You will have to relace the hub to a trials rim, get a trials tire and a
    wider frame.

    --

    chosen wrote:
    > wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

  16. irvinegr

    irvinegr Guest

  17. manon1wheel

    manon1wheel Guest

  18. litldude2

    litldude2 Guest

    Kind of, you can still use the seat and hub and cranks and pedals.
    Everything else has to change. Cody made his dx into a trials uni, do a
    search for "once upon a torker" or something like that and you can see
    what he did.

    --

    chosen wrote:
    > wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

  19. litldude2

    litldude2 Guest

  20. muzzle

    muzzle Guest

    heres my two sense on making your torker dx lighter...
    YOU DONT NEED TO DO IT.
    zee will contest, i ride an '06 torker dx... i hop higher than every
    unicyclist i have met (and higher than several i have not yet met)
    several feet is not a challange and i am new to trials (and unicycling
    in general)

    --
    muzzle
    muzzle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11458