Torker LX

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by ParadoX, Feb 5, 2005.

  1. ParadoX

    ParadoX Guest

    Would you buy a torker lx? Im doing street stuff and I'm still a
    beginner, i need a cheap unicycle thats just a step up from a begginer
    uni. I have a torker cx thats not so good.

    -Paradox

    --
    ParadoX - Hopping Maniac/Computer Hacker

    -"There is nothing to fear but fear its self."
    ParadoX's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8015

  2. newtouni

    newtouni Guest

  3. unijuggler

    unijuggler Guest

  4. daino149

    daino149 Guest

    ParadoX wrote:
    > *Would you buy a torker lx? Im doing street stuff and I'm still a
    > beginner, i need a cheap unicycle thats just a step up from a begginer
    > uni. I have a torker cx thats not so good.
    > *

    Seeing as I've bought four of them, I'd say they are pretty good. Of
    course I did get them 65 five bucks a pop, and did manage to destroy
    one. If you can afford the DX, then get the DX, if you can't, get the
    LX. I guess we don't have to warn you about the CX.

    --
    daino149 - On Vacation - till i find a job

    Check out my 'pics ' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/daino)
    'My X-a-n-g-a' (http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=fingerpies)
    I need to find a job

  5. ParadoX

    ParadoX Guest

  6. daino149

    daino149 Guest

    That was a long time ago. It was back when they had rounded crowns. I
    also don't think they were called the LX yet. If memory serves, they
    were called the HD. I actually preferred the rounder crown, as it was a
    much smaller profile. When I started to do one footed skills, I added
    'foot mount thingies' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/album257). They
    worked very well.

    --
    daino149 - On Vacation - till i find a job

    Check out my 'pics ' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/daino)
    'My X-a-n-g-a' (http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=fingerpies)
    I need to find a job

  7. newtouni

    newtouni Guest

  8. jim.furfaro

    jim.furfaro Guest

    My 24" Torker DX has held up well through my learning and basic muni
    experience. Besides, for the price I don't think there is anything
    better to start with. I have recently seen left over 2004 models for
    $139 on ebay.

    --
    jim.furfaro - Rocket Scientist

    Earth - Moon - Mars: Challange Traditions, continue the American
    Adventure
    jim.furfaro's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7261

  9. daino149

    daino149 Guest

    brockfisher05 wrote:
    > *TORKER IS THE DEVIL*

    I think that's going a bit over board. But it's your opinion, and you
    are entitled to it. Just tell us, what uni is better for the price?
    Also, please tell us what's so wrong with Torker?

    --
    daino149 - On Vacation - till i find a job

    Check out my 'pics ' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/daino)
    'My X-a-n-g-a' (http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=fingerpies)
    I need to find a job

  10. ParadoX

    ParadoX Guest

    yeah, me personally have no problem with my torker. Its even a CX and
    its been holding up pretty well, and from what people say the CX is not
    so good.

    --
    ParadoX - lvl 3 Unicyclist

    -"There is nothing to fear but fear its self."
    ParadoX's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8015

  11. vanman2004

    vanman2004 Guest

  12. aurum78

    aurum78 Guest

    As far as I'm concerned, the LX is just fine - but I'm just riding
    around on the street (it's still cold outside here, I'm waiting 'til
    summer to learn some tricks). I just got mine this winter for ~$100 on
    eBay for christmas.

    Go for the DX though, if you've got the extra dough.

    Guess that's kind've a repeat of what everyone else said ;)

    --
    aurum78
    aurum78's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8633

  13. well the only reason i call them the devil is because they keep braking
    on me I have had two brake on me, they look nice and ride nice they just
    brake easily. But they do make nice giraffes

    --
    brockfisher05 - RIDE TRIALS

    TORKER IS THE DEVIL

    ADD ME AT: [email protected]

    check out my gallery at :
    http://gallery.vanuni.com/thumbnails.php?album=6
    brockfisher05's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8363

  14. ParadoX

    ParadoX Guest

    really? everyone says the cx suck, which it does in someways but ive
    gone off some moderatly big drops, its holded up just fine.
    so final decision- the lx is dependable and great deal for the price
    what are your thoughts?

    --
    ParadoX - lvl 3 Unicyclist

    -"There is nothing to fear but fear its self."
    ParadoX's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8015

  15. ParadoX

    ParadoX Guest

  16. One on one

    One on one Guest

  17. ParadoX

    ParadoX Guest

    I want a 20" but its a rounded crown, will it make much diff. if I get a
    24" with a flat crown?
    what are the advantages/dis?
    -paradox

    --
    ParadoX - lvl 3 Unicyclist

    -"There is nothing to fear but fear its self."
    ParadoX's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8015

  18. ParadoX

    ParadoX Guest