Torker Unistar DX 24"

Pablito

Guest
I just received my new Torker DX 24". I'm so anxious to try
it out but the seatpost is too long. I suppose a pipe-cutter
is in order. Has anyone else had to cut theirs down or do I
need to request a replacement?

pw

Yahooo!! Thanks for all of the input. I picked up a pipe
cutter on my way home last night and now I have a custom fit
seat post. This morning I had the best uni-ride to work,
didn't have to hop off at all and enjoyed the cushy velo
seat non-stop. So jazzed about the new equipment.

Thanks again for all of your help.

"Pablito" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I just received my new Torker DX 24". I'm so anxious to
> try it out but
the
> seatpost is too long. I suppose a pipe-cutter is in order.
> Has anyone
else
> had to cut theirs down or do I need to request a
> replacement?
>
> pw

I had to cut 5 inches off my coker seat post, its as low as
it can go too and I'm not real short (5'10") the seat post
was for giants I guess.

You can just use a hacksaw. You might have to file the edges
a little but its easy.

--
Tim - Coker user

I got me a new summit for $191!
Tim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4671

Pablito wrote:
> *I just received my new Torker DX 24". I'm so anxious to
> try it out but the seatpost is too long. I suppose a pipe-
> cutter is in order. Has anyone else had to cut theirs down
> or do I need to request a replacement?
>
> pw
>

> *

If you have a pipe cuter handy, that is definately the
cleanest way to cut the seatpost. I've cut about 3 seatposts
with a pipe cutter since I started unicycling :)

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

I've used pipe cutters and hack saws. Both work, but the
pipe cutter gives a cleaner cut.

Daniel

--
daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

Check out my pics: www.unicyclist.com/gallery/daino
Sig count: 2
04.05.14 10636
04.05.15 10772
04.05.16 10861

Use your pipe cutter gently. I broke one when trying to cut
a seat post once. Turns out it was a cheapie pipe cutter
anyway, so be advised. Pipe cutter will do the best job.

If you use a hacksaw or other type of regular saw, be sure
to file the outer and inner edges afterward. If you don't,
you'll be swearing someday and then wish you did!

On unicycles with big wheels, like the Coker, it can be hard
to estimate just how much post someone needs. So longer is
better. You don't have much to work with if you're shorter,
but you can always cut. You can't add on!

I actually cut a seat post the other day in fact. I sold one
of my unicycles! (but I got a new one the same week, so the
count hasn't changed...) I only had a hacksaw available.
Time for a new blade on that, and/or a proper pipe cutter!

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not
because they are easy, but because they are hard." -- John F. Kennedy,

how long were all these seatposts that you people speak of
before you cut them? 400mm? 350? im just curious; the kh24 i
ordered is coming with 350's and i was a bit concerned they
would be too short.

-grant

--
tennisgh22

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a
capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety
labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
tennisgh22's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5771

If you go the hacksaw route, you can wrap a leather strap
(like an old belt) around the seatpost to act as a cutting
guide. That will help you get a straighter cut.

If you don't want to do it yourself, you can take it to a
bike shop where they will (or should) have a special hacksaw
cutting guide where they'll be able to get a nearly perfect
straight cut. Here's a picture of a fancy cutting guide:
'Park Tool SG-6 cutting guide'
(http://www.parktool.com/tools/SG_6BIG.shtml)

If you opt for a pipe cutter, see 'this post'
(http://tinyurl.com/385h2). And it's a good idea to have an
extra cutting wheel on hand just in case you break a cutting
wheel during the cut.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com